Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Jamela Offline OP
OP Offline
J
It's a fact of life....how old are you?? Al Gore and Tipper are realizing that after 40 years...so pleeaaase. I don't live in a bubble to end up in some crazy home later because 'oh, I thought it couldn't happen to me...oh my god' smile

at least I can still smile...

M
M
Originally Posted by Jamela
It's a fact of life....how old are you?? Al Gore and Tipper are realizing that after 40 years...so pleeaaase. I don't live in a bubble to end up in some crazy home later because 'oh, I thought it couldn't happen to me...oh my god' smile

at least I can still smile...

Eee..yeah. I think a lot of us are smiling right now. grin

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
Hi Gack, I am more of a realist. I don't believe that you can go a lifetime with one person without someone messing up somewhere along the way.

If you would like to try to make it work

There is an awesome book you can read for help

It is called Buyers, Renters, and Freeloaders

It's all about how to get to a working relationship when the one you are in just doesn't seem to be working

It is not for married people only

You can buy it and get it sent to you fairly cheap. (Secret tip: buy "The One," which is the same book in paperback for cheaper, and they will send you the hardcover "Buyers, Renters, and Freeloaders" version at the same price.)

You might be able to get it from a library for free, or used somewhere for cheap under either of those titles.

Also, if you call the Marriage Builders radio show today with a question about your relationship, they will probably give you a copy for free. They love to take questions and they are much nicer than the people on this forum. Call between 2 and 3 Central Time, 1-888-332-5169. They always give out a free book to questioners.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
J
Jamela Offline OP
OP Offline
J
******************edit*********************

Last edited by MBsurvivor; 06/10/10 01:51 PM. Reason: TOS - personal attack
S
S
Hi Gack, I am more of a realist. I don't believe that you can go a lifetime with one person without someone messing up somewhere along the way. When I entered this relationship, I just came out of a messy relationship and prior to that a divorced from my cheating husband of 12 years. 8 years ago I entered into this relationship with my current bf because I felt safe due to our long term friendship.. I wasn't looking to fall in love...I was just enjoying the companionship (traveling etc.) but of course my heart got in the way. I new of his past with women but I ignored it. I just thought that as he get older that he would get more settled..

I think someone else said this but....Hows that working out for ya??? I mean you seem to know all the answers and are insulting posters....Why are you asking us for advice if we dont know anything?....You know EVERYTHING...That is why you are in the situation you are in.

And a realist you are not....Unless you think that, waiting till he got older would "make" him more settled, is realism. You are getting REAL advice on here and you just dont like the REALSIM! Until you can face it you cant fix it....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
P
P
This was a mistake to get on a site with a bunch of miserable closed minded man hating witches!!
Wow, markos, I think you just got neutered.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

S
S
You knew of his past with other woman but IGNORED it....That is called putting your head in the sand, not being REALISTIC!!!!!

Run and run far and fast!!!!!!

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

M
M
This was a mistake to get on a site with a bunch of miserable closed minded man hating witches!! wowwww...I hate to hear what your men did to you. See this is what happen when you trust,trust,trust....don't belittle me cause it's coming to bite you in the you know where!!

to answer your question..he makes a very, very good living..

Hey it worked for Tiger Woods...you don't see little miss nanny running any where! Trust me, I probably get more benefits from my bf than you'll ever get from you HUSBAND!

YOU BASH ME AND YOU'RE GONNA GET IT RIGHT BACK!

Apparently you cannot see that you are the one looking like the angry you-know-what.

Your defensiveness and anger are quite telling...

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
M
M
Originally Posted by Prisca
This was a mistake to get on a site with a bunch of miserable closed minded man hating witches!!

You're right, I think I missed that.

Guess I never should have worn that white gown.

Jamala, I'm sure you mean well, but assuming everybody posting to you is a lady is really not very polite to the men here who are trying to help you, like me. I promise you I'm a man. A complete fake of a man, but I am a man.

My wife, Prisca, is entirely real, and I'm sure she'd like to help you as well, if you're interested.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
S
S
[Linked Image from thesmilies.com]

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

J
Jamela Offline OP
OP Offline
J
one last advise...how do I delete my post from this site..I don't need this!

Thank you,

B
B
Hmmm A VERY GOOD INCOME? THis tells me you might be the mistress. You are not living with him after all. Are you the mistress and hiding your relationship from his wife?

Or, are you one of many mistresses and girlfriends he has?

He does not sound wealthy and classy if his ex wife was a crack addict. Sounds like a typical dirtbag. Something here does not add up.

M
M
This was a mistake to get on a site with a bunch of miserable closed minded man hating witches!! wowwww...I hate to hear what your men did to you. See this is what happen when you trust,trust,trust....

Jamela, this site doesn't teach you to trust, trust, trust. It teaches you to VERIFY, not to trust. That's one of the first principles they ask people to work on when they come here with a partner who is committing adultery.

Have you read through this site's Basic Concepts?

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi3000_intro.html

We can help you get where you want to go, and you said you'd appreciate suggestions and ideas. There are some awesome relationship tools here on this site, but you'll have to do some reading to learn how they work. Have you read any of the links we've been giving you? You said you'd appreciate the suggestions, but I'm not sure you're reading them, which makes me feel kind of unappreciated.

S
S
I'm sorry to tell you this, but we are only trying to give you advise if you don't like it, then don't take it, and be happy where you are in your relationship...errr...I mean OPEN relationship with this man you are dating.

But Please don't come on here and bash us, some of these people have been here for more then 10 years helping marriages, and let me tell you this, they HELP EVERY SINGLE one of those marriages come back and become one of the happiest marriages out there.

Anyone can come on here and post, get advise, take it, or don't take it. I can tell you now though that if my husband never found this site I wouldn't be here with my two beautiful boys, with a loving husband.

Your choice.

B
B
Just enjoy being his mistress and leave it at that! If he is rich, then he can afford many mistresses. Does he support you?

M
M
one last advise...how do I delete my post from this site..I don't need this!

Thank you,

You can't. We worked hard to provide help to you, and we don't want our work deleted.

You said you'd appreciate any suggestions or advice.

S
S
rotflmao Sorry....Ill get back on my broom now.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

M
M
This was a mistake to get on a site with a bunch of miserable closed minded man hating witches!! wowwww...I hate to hear what your men did to you. See this is what happen when you trust,trust,trust....don't belittle me cause it's coming to bite you in the you know where!!

to answer your question..he makes a very, very good living..

Hey it worked for Tiger Woods...you don't see little miss nanny running any where! Trust me, I probably get more benefits from my bf than you'll ever get from you HUSBAND!

YOU BASH ME AND YOU'RE GONNA GET IT RIGHT BACK!

Calm down, Jamela, or you'll hurt yourself. Have you read any of the articles on this site? Why don't you do that and then come back here? And leave your left hook at the door - we've seen it from defensive SO's before, and it didn't faze us then, either.

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M

There, there, markos - she didn't mean it! We all know you're not miserable!~
[Linked Image from pic4ever.com]

D-Day 2-10-2009

P
P
Originally Posted by markos
Originally Posted by Prisca

You're right, I think I missed that.

Rats, I was hoping to do that.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 494 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation