Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
N
N
Even the dog!

I would have GLADLY given H the dog!!!....... grin

Not

N
N
Originally Posted by Pepperband
If the wayward spouse has a big old piece of luggage FILLED and OVERFLOWING with resentments .... There is more propensity and potential toward ruthless behavior.

It can apply toward WH or WW, however, it seems to me that WW's "in general" hold more grudges and are keeping score more often than WHs.

Is this universally true?
No, of course not.
But, I think there is a trend.

hmmmmm.....could it be that WW's are more vocal about their resentments and entitlements?

This is the thought I keep coming back to in reading this......

T
T
Originally Posted by schtoop
Or I may be looking at it through the lens of my own situation.

You bet you are, schtoop. And that's just part of life. We are all by-products of our past, and it ultimately helps us to form a foundation for evaluating and interpreting people and events in the future.

Before I wandered into my marital Category 5, and before I found MB, I couldn't offer jack in terms of intelligent thought regarding this subject matter. (I realize some may argue that I STILL can't offer jack, but that's probably a separate debate...)

TBC

N
N

Not~~~~~> [Linked Image from cheesebuerger.de] <~~~~~ Mel
(for those who are unsure who is who........ rotflmao)

Last edited by not2fun; 06/25/10 12:22 PM.
N
N
Originally Posted by sexymamabear
Are WW's more ruthless than WH's?

Depends on whether you're a BW or a BH.

I've seen some pretty wicked WHs...one up close and personal. I've read on MB about some pretty wicked WWs.

Who cares which is worse when your whole world is shattered? Whether it's shattered into a billion pieces or a gazillion...shattered is shattered.

This is like comparing the damage of an EA to a PA to a wayward who ends A upon discovery to a wayward whose A goes on and on to false recoveries to abandonment to financial ruin to exposing children to AP and on and on the wickedness goes.

It's all still devasting. Do we really need to measure the amount of devastation?

All I know is that what I endured was incomprehensible and almost not survivable while I lived it. If I had merit badges for all that I endured battling the affair, I would be well decorated...more so than many BH's. I am sure, however, that there are those(BWs and BHs alike) who would be far more decorated than I.

Yet here I am in a passionate, intimate marriage with my husband of over 20 years.

While battling an affair, work Plan A & B to the best of your ability. While recovering your marriage, work the MB recovery plan to the best of your ability. Don't worry about whether your WS is worse than others. I can assure you, we're all dealing with the person who has the power to hurt us more than anyone on earth. That doesn't need measured.
kiss

ABSOLUTELY.......ITA

{{{{{SMB}}}}}

Not

S
S
Originally Posted by Gack1
There's too many of them around to call them an "exception".
Exception, no.
How about minority?

But we are talking about ruthlessness.

I have seen very few wayward husbands attempt to take the house and kids from BW.

But a large majority of WW do try this with there BH.
And want child support.
And want alimony.
And the cars.
A the furniture.
And the boat.

Even the dog!

My WH tried to get me to leave the house....But I refused. Now he is living in a condo that is asking for more money than he cant afford....He is trying to get me to work because he cannot afford his double life and he doesnt want to lose his bachelor pad....He can move in with his mother for free....we will see how that goes.

He wants me to work so he can have a new car and a bachelor pad!!!!!! He does not want to move in with his mother because "he deserves a life too." Stupid, stupid Waynerds!!!!

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
M
M
Originally Posted by not2fun

this could be true! grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Originally Posted by lousygolfer
Gack stated this:
Because of this they are more likely to villionize there BH to a further extent than a WH will.

Reading many threads here over the years, the BH's thought they had a good marriage. When the A occurs, the WW goes crazy, and becomes ruthless. What the BH learns HERE, is that thier early marriage had alot of issues, and learned to conflict avoid, to "keep the peace". And once the A starts, then all those things to keep the BH in line in the past are increased in intensity by the WW.

LG

I think the same can be said about WH's, i thought we had a good marriage too, i was TOTALLY blindsided by my h's A....

S
S
Originally Posted by Pepperband
If the wayward spouse has a big old piece of luggage FILLED and OVERFLOWING with resentments .... There is more propensity and potential toward ruthless behavior.

It can apply toward WH or WW, however, it seems to me that WW's "in general" hold more grudges and are keeping score more often than WHs.

Is this universally true?
No, of course not.
But, I think there is a trend.

hmmmmm.....could it be that WW's are more vocal about their resentments and entitlements?

This is the thought I keep coming back to in reading this......

I would agree with this in so that women are probably more vocal with their resentments and complaints, which leads me to believe that they told their husbands a million times as well and they did nothing about it (not saying it is right to have an affair just saying a BH probably has more of a clue than a BW)....

A's are just devasting no matter who is the wayward spouse and who is the betrayed spouse puke .....

S
S

faint Stand back! Mel's gonna pull out the gun!!

Happily married to HerPapaBear

S
S
Yeah, them there Texans are dangerous!

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

this could be true! grin

I didn't read far enough, did I.

She's ADMITTING IT!!

S
S
And here I thought Not was the one holding up the see saw!!!!

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

C
C
I would agree with this in so that women are probably more vocal with their resentments and complaints, which leads me to believe that they told their husbands a million times as well and they did nothing about it (not saying it is right to have an affair just saying a BH probably has more of a clue than a BW)....

I heard nothing from Wayzilla. In 26 years I never heard once, �Listen. We need to talk about���..whatever. I was totally blindsided.

On D-Day she said she had tried for soooooo long and sooooooo hard to save the marriage.

I asked what was it she had done to save the marriage? Why had she never said anything?

She repeated, �I tried soooooooo hard.�

I asked again specifically what did she do and when did we ever talk about the complaints and resentments she had.

She repeated, �I tried soooooooo hard.�

I could see this was going nowhere. Then I asked what her complaints and resentments were. She really couldn�t articulate anything. Vague stuff about how we had drifted apart, how I had no plans or goals, how we had nothing in common anymore and how she had just grown up and wanted to be independent.

Over the next few weeks I got all the standard carp about how I never (good thing) and how I always (bad thing). �You didn�t talk to me when you picked me up from the airport that one time.� �You let DD quit basketball and I don�t think I can ever forgive you for that.�

Stupid little incidents that went back years. sigh

But in the end she was no more ruthless than most other waywards.

Last edited by chrisner; 06/25/10 02:07 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
H
H
� Are WW's more ruthless heartless than WH's?

As a female BS I would of course say it would be WHs and with male BS they would disagree totally and say WW.

It is comparing apples to oranges. Think that we should just lump all WW and WH together and call them swine. lashes

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
M
M
I think all waywards are mean. I think women, in general, tend to be more vicious than men.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
I think all waywards are mean. I think women, in general, tend to be more vicious than men.

Only in Texas.

In other parts, we women are quite gentle and kind.
flirt

N
N
[color:#FF0000]I think all waywards are mean.
I think women, in general, tend to be more vicious than men. [/quote]

Mel,

Are you feeling a bit under the weather today????....... sick

I've come to expect more tenacious words than this for you......it was quite......mild......

Not

N
N
Originally Posted by schtoop
Where the WW is more prone to rewrite history and come at you from "I haven't loved you for __ years, can't change my feelings now, too little too late, don't know if I want to try." mindset. The WW is more apt to never give a real try to recovery.
Nooo........

Sorry to burst your bubble schtoop, but WW don't own the corner market on this part of the "Wayward Handbook"....... I heard EACH and EVERY re-write line. And contrary to popular belief, my H wasn't unique nor an exception. He especially LOVED to recite the "too little too late" line. Usually when I was displaying my awesomeness of Plan A...... flirt

I've been around these part wayyyyyy too long to know he wasn't the ONLY WH say such dribble.

Or I may be looking at it through the lens of my own situation.

Yep you are.....but then again most of us do...... grin

Not

M
M

Only in Texas.

In other parts, we women are quite gentle and kind.
flirt

No, y'all are mean, you silly yankee gals just don't carry arms! [Linked Image from s6.tinypic.com]

Exposure 101

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (DaisyTheCat2), 683 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation