Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 30 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 29 30
K
K
Then he'll have to experience the misery every day with her. They will be suspicious of each other always.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
B
B
I just looked at my roofing papers. My entire roof was replaced. My actual deductible was $4338 and the insurance company paid $4680.70 for a total of $9,018.70. That total includes $114.78 for fence repairs and $324.75 for refrigerated food loss. My house is a two-story with 2,656 square feet of roof.

B
B
No, none of the deductible was absorbed.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Brits_Brat
No, none of the deductible was absorbed.

Ok, so the roofer's estimate is $14000, insurance paid $12000 (14K less 2K deductible) and so it is not likely there will be kickback cash. At least I've put the fear in the roofer and XH over it....

B
B
How much square footage is the roof? That is very steep for a new roof.

S
OP Offline
S
I will have to drop ds off again Friday evening....then he is returned to me Saturday at 6:00 and then I have to take him back on Sunday at 2:00. Then again on Wednesday...,it never ends. My favorite time is when we go an entire week---from Wednesday to Wednesday---with no visitation. That is when it is my weekend. I counted up the other day and XH gets ds for 72 hours a month. I get all the rest. But it is so hard for me. I can't imagine if he got him for more. Ds hasn't seen his dad since last Wednesday and on the way to his house I said, 'well, you looking forward to seeing your dad?' He said, 'not really.' I said, 'are you saying that because you think I don't want you to see him?' He said, 'no.'

I'm trying VERY hard to just chill and not be a basketcase about this. Surely it will get easier.

I stopped by the liquor store and they gave me a sample of a pomegrant margarita..(is that even legal? He said I had to drink it before I left the store..shrug)...the clerks and I chatted about the 'silly bands' I have on...he showed me his! They are both young guys...I doubt past 28 or so...they weren't exactly flirting but very friendly.

And I was in Houston this past weekend visiting my sister...went to a high end steakhouse with my sister and the server hit on me. He is 38 or so.....he asked for my name to friend me on FB. VERY attractive young man....I'm not interested at all but it was nice to be noticed. And he did friend me. Before I got home even.

Then my X-neighbor told me that a friend of theirs AGAIN asked to meet me. He saw me once at their house and ask my neighbor's husband, 'who is THAT?' smile

I have good friends husband/wife.....and the husband was describing a woman to his wife this way, 'she's pretty. Not SW pretty, but pretty.' smile My friend told my mother that story....I am 10 years older than her...

And the man I was seeing earlier this year......I haven't seen him for 3 months and I've been ignoring his texts for 2 months...but he sends me things at 4:00 am that say, 'I can't sleep. You are all I can think of.'

My point of all that.....not to brag on myself....but to point out something that I realized tonight. I am alone because I choose to be alone right NOW. Like XH I could have 'someone'....but I'm trying to be smart and choose wisely. That realization made me feel less like a loser...

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Brits_Brat
How much square footage is the roof? That is very steep for a new roof.

I thought it was high too....the house is 2310 sf. European style though so pretty steep grade...insurance signed off on it though.

S
OP Offline
S
OW sent brownies home with my son!!!! I threw them out in the front yard as XH was in his truck in the street.

I can't believe the nerve of her and him.

J
J
OW sent brownies home with my son!!!!I threw them out in the front yard

I hope they don't poison any birds... laugh

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

P
P
You should return the favor, heavily dosed with Exlax - leave them as you're picking up your son so he won't eat them.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
You should return the favor, heavily dosed with Exlax - leave them as you're picking up your son so he won't eat them.

Ha! I doubt they would eat anything I cooked.

I put on FB, 'Ok, just for the record...if you sleep with a married man and break up his family, don't send brownies home with the child whose family you wrecked!' Got lots of positive comments but one old friend said it was all 'beneath' me and that I should eat the brownies and take anything she has to offer... I don't think so.

S
OP Offline
S
So funny....that same friend comes back on and says, 'on second thought maybe we should kill them both and bury the bodies in the back yard.'

XH sends me an email about the roof...tells me the money will be deposited and placed on hold and only released once the mortgage company inspects the work...and then he asks me if I can meet him at a certain branch tomorrow....he sent that at 10:57....I responded back, "It is 2 minutes until 10. I will discuss this with you tomorrow. I would hate to be arrested for emailing you past 10"

And tomorrow is when I will tell him he can leave the checks at the bank...that I have no intention of going to the bank with him.

And btw, SadWife....you are dead on that he wants me with him at the bank....

B
B
You could put a large sign in your yard:

NO BROWNIES FROM HO'S!

OR PLACE IT ON YOUR FRONT DOOR.

Last edited by Bubbles4U; 08/11/10 10:29 PM.
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Bubbles4U
You could put a large sign in your yard:

NO BROWNIES FROM HO'S!

OR PLACE IT ON YOUR FRONT DOOR.

Ha! I made homemades ones for ds after I threw hers in the front yard. He said mine are better. Hers were from a box. LOL....

N
N
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman
I put on FB, 'Ok, just for the record...if you sleep with a married man and break up his family, don't send brownies home with the child whose family you wrecked!' Got lots of positive comments but one old friend said it was all 'beneath' me and that I should eat the brownies and take anything she has to offer... I don't think so.

Ugh, sickening! That she would even send brownies home with your ds boggles my mind!! I would have written her a nice thank you note telling her that they looked great but were just awful on the inside....kind of like her.....

lol, sorry just feeling extreme bitterness towards OW's these days!!

Last edited by NewPetals; 08/11/10 10:48 PM.

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by NewPetals
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman

Ugh, sickening! That she would even send brownies home with your ds boggles my mind!! I would have written her a nice thank you note telling her that they looked great but were just awful on the inside....kind of like her.....
lol, sorry just feeling extreme bitterness towards OW's these days!!

oooooh...I like it! But throwing them in the front yard in front of XH was pretty good too.

S
S
Originally Posted by SW
Got lots of positive comments but one old friend said it was all 'beneath' me and that I should eat the brownies and take anything she has to offer... I don't think so.

...and this person would be eradicated from my 'friends' list on FB. What a maroon MrRollieEyes

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by silentlucidity
Originally Posted by SW
Got lots of positive comments but one old friend said it was all 'beneath' me and that I should eat the brownies and take anything she has to offer... I don't think so.

...and this person would be eradicated from my 'friends' list on FB. What a maroon MrRollieEyes

I know right? She redeemed herself by saying, 'on second thought, lets kill them both and bury their bodies in the back yard.'

LOL

S
S
Originally Posted by SW
I know right? She redeemed herself by saying, 'on second thought, lets kill them both and bury their bodies in the back yard.'

Ok, well that was a good turnaround! I suggest throwing them in the front yard with the brownies, though flirt

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
H
H
Originally Posted by silentlucidity
Originally Posted by SW

That FB "friend" would be blocked. Take what the OW has to offer -- her crumbs from the brownies? her disrespect? her ignorance? These OP are dumb...

What I would do? Mix the brownies up with dog poop and send them back and said this is my "secret recipe"...enjoy..

but that is just me.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
Page 24 of 30 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 293 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation