Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 51 of 52 1 2 49 50 51 52
C
OP Offline
C
Hey schtoop! Thanks for stopping by. It has been a long road. For you too.

How, I just really caught this.

Originally Posted by Howdy
He was on a show on Nickelodeon back when I was a kid

Nickelodeon started around 1980! Kid your making me feel old.

When we first moved to Colorado in 1967 (I was 7) my favorite cartoon was Gigantor. It was on of the original Japanese cartoon entries into the US.

Gigantor was a robot that fought crime with some goofy kid in shorts. I remember crying once because it looked like it was curtains for Gigantor. I know this will surprise you but he actually survived. Whew!

The Japanese had that big Puss in Boots sad eye thing going long before Shrek.

Hey! I am my own 1,000 post!

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
J
J
Gigantor was a favorite for my twin brother and me. We would hurry home from grade school to watch it. Talk about "old school" cartoons...

Last year, my DD found a DVD collection of the series at an Asian market she goes to with her MIL (her DH is half Okinawan) and I sent it to him for our b-day. grin

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

C
OP Offline
C
The Minnesota Road Trip 2010 with DGS went great. Spent last Friday at the State Fair and ate stuff there that Catholics would have to go to confession for. But even I have my limits.

Fried Spam on a stick?? Are you kidding?? I am still not sure how they do spaghetti and meatballs on a stick.

I bought a Minnesota Vixens women�s tackle football league tee shirt. I don�t know why. Maybe it was the Beergarita (Leinenkugal Honey Weiss and tequila) I had.

The Prairie Home Companion show at the fair was terrific. It was outdoors and got very cold. At intermission Garrison Keillor stayed outside and got everyone to stand up and sing America the Beautiful and Home on the Range to warm up. The two sound effects guys were great.

A Vikings game, a trip to the Minnesota Zoo, a good dinner visit with my cousin and a run through The Mall of the Northern Hemisphere and two 12-hour drives all in 5-1/2 days.

We got home in time to watch the mountains behind Boulder burning. The smoke was pretty thick Tuesday morning and ash was falling in the subdivision. It is still 0% contained with around 8,000 acres and 90 structures burned.

Oh, and another proud Wayzilla moment.

DD unexpectedly got last Friday off from school and work. So as Wayzilla has been recently telling her once again that she wants to see more of her, DD called her and they made plans for lunch and some shopping.

When Friday arrives Wayzilla calls DD before she is even out of bed and picks a fight about school and then other topics. Then she decries DDs poor attitude and hangs up on her.

DD was pissed. She started calling her Mother back every 6-10 minutes. WayZ won�t answer. DD calls the Western Wear Emporium thinking she might be there. A guy answers the phone and tells her WayZ is off today and immediately hands the phone to Gollum. This was her very first conversation with him.

Gollum criticizes her for the fight with her mom and tells her how much WayZ really wanted to see her today but she ruined it. He tells DD that WayZ is not going to talk to her.

***TIMEOUT*** If I had been anywhere near Gollum at this moment we would have played our very first game of Norwegian With a Bat versus Baby Seal. ***TIME IN***

So DD just keeps calling every few minutes for the next 3-hours. Finally on the 22nd call (no lie. I looked at the online phone bill) WayZ answers and tells DD she is not coming down today and that DD has upset her very much.

DD calls XMIL in tears. Among other things her Grandmother calls WayZ entitled, selfish and immature. She tells DD that it is time for WayZ to start acting her age and become a real mother.

Twenty minutes later WayZ calls back DD and has suddenly changed her mind. Now she is coming down for lunch with her and XMIL. DD said once she got there she acted all happy like nothing had happened at all. She did have a moment of unhappiness and angst concerning Gollum�s BxW. Something to do with Gollum�s BxW, his S5, chocolate milk and Sprite. Who knows?

She needs to chill out and go paint a wagon or something.

Take care all.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
S
mad

I was gritting my teeth while reading this flippin interaction between WayZ and DD. mad

I hope for your DD's sake that she soon finds a better way to deal with her mother...to draw some solid boundaries around interactions. DD is a grown woman and doesn't have to take this crapola off of her mother.

WayZ is a dingleberry.

Just reading about your trip has me winded. sigh Hope you didn't blink too often...you may have missed some things. Always good to hear an update Chrisner. Take care friend

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
P
P
faint

Gollum criticizes her for the fight with her mom and tells her how much WayZ really wanted to see her today but she ruined it.

.... speechless ....

W
W
Originally Posted by Coach
The Minnesota Road Trip 2010 with DGS went great. Spent last Friday at the State Fair and ate stuff there that Catholics would have to go to confession for. But even I have my limits.

Fried Spam on a stick?? Are you kidding?? I am still not sure how they do spaghetti and meatballs on a stick.

Originally Posted by Iboughtawhat?
I bought a Minnesota Vixens women�s tackle football league tee shirt. I don�t know why. Maybe it was the Beergarita (Leinenkugal Honey Weiss and tequila) I had.

You bought a what? Nevermind - I don't want to know.

Originally Posted by ThePrairieHomeCompanionFan
The Prairie Home Companion show at the fair was terrific. It was outdoors and got very cold. At intermission Garrison Keillor stayed outside and got everyone to stand up and sing America the Beautiful and Home on the Range to warm up. The two sound effects guys were great.

Originally Posted by IdidwaytoomuchstuffinMinnesota
A Vikings game, a trip to the Minnesota Zoo, a good dinner visit with my cousin and a run through The Mall of the Northern Hemisphere and two 12-hour drives all in 5-1/2 days.

Well, I'm glad you had some time to relax. laugh

Originally Posted by Run,Chris,Run!
We got home in time to watch the mountains behind Boulder burning. The smoke was pretty thick Tuesday morning and ash was falling in the subdivision. It is still 0% contained with around 8,000 acres and 90 structures burned.

Our stupid-(symbol)Forest Service started a prescribed burn at the end of August in the middle of pine beetle killed trees while the weather service had issued a high wind warning.

Any wonder it ran away from them? They say they are "sorry."

Originally Posted by Ican'tbelieve this woman is a mother
Oh, and another proud Wayzilla moment.

DD unexpectedly got last Friday off from school and work. So as Wayzilla has been recently telling her once again that she wants to see more of her, DD called her and they made plans for lunch and some shopping.

When Friday arrives Wayzilla calls DD before she is even out of bed and picks a fight about school and then other topics. Then she decries DDs poor attitude and hangs up on her.

DD was pissed. She started calling her Mother back every 6-10 minutes. WayZ won�t answer. DD calls the Western Wear Emporium thinking she might be there. A guy answers the phone and tells her WayZ is off today and immediately hands the phone to Gollum. This was her very first conversation with him.

Gollum criticizes her for the fight with her mom and tells her how much WayZ really wanted to see her today but she ruined it. He tells DD that WayZ is not going to talk to her.

***TIMEOUT*** If I had been anywhere near Gollum at this moment we would have played our very first game of Norwegian With a Bat versus Baby Seal. ***TIME IN***

So DD just keeps calling every few minutes for the next 3-hours. Finally on the 22nd call (no lie. I looked at the online phone bill) WayZ answers and tells DD she is not coming down today and that DD has upset her very much.

DD calls XMIL in tears. Among other things her Grandmother calls WayZ entitled, selfish and immature. She tells DD that it is time for WayZ to start acting her age and become a real mother.

Twenty minutes later WayZ calls back DD and has suddenly changed her mind. Now she is coming down for lunch with her and XMIL. DD said once she got there she acted all happy like nothing had happened at all. She did have a moment of unhappiness and angst concerning Gollum�s BxW. Something to do with Gollum�s BxW, his S5, chocolate milk and Sprite. Who knows?

She needs to chill out and go paint a wagon or something.

WayZ is lucky she is so dang far away. mad I don't even know what to say to this. When do they stop with the crapola?

hug to DD. She is a 100 times the woman her mother is. Oh wait, that might not be such a compliment - 'cause you are that much more woman than WayZ is too. flirt

S
S
Hey, glad to hear you're not getting all burned up. And the roadtrip sounded great. PHC is coming to San Diego soon, but it's to a small theater on the water, and the tickets are crazy expensive.

The t-shirt sounds like a great purchase. Go Vikings! And Vixens!

WayZ continues to amaze.

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Cowgirl
Our stupid-(symbol)Forest Service started a prescribed burn at the end of August in the middle of pine beetle killed trees while the weather service had issued a high wind warning.
We're from the government and we're here to help!

What could possibly go wrong?

Originally Posted by SL
I hope for your DD's sake that she soon finds a better way to deal with her mother...to draw some solid boundaries around interactions. DD is a grown woman and doesn't have to take this crapola off of her mother.
Yeah, me too.

Originally Posted by Pep
.... speechless ....
Yeah, me too.

Originally Posted by Cowgirl II
I don't even know what to say to this.
Yeah, me too.

Originally Posted by SD
WayZ continues to amaze.
Yeah, me too.

Well, at least DD's grandparents seem to be coming around.

As far as WayZ goes......well I still think there is something far bigger going on to get her this flipped out. The toilets are backin' up in Camelot.

Originally Posted by SD II
PHC is coming to San Diego soon, but it's to a small theater on the water, and the tickets are crazy expensive.
You still working at that dump by the beach?

Originally Posted by SD III
The t-shirt sounds like a great purchase. Go Vikings! And Vixens!
Yeah, the middle linebacker that sold me the shirt was kind of cute in that "I could break your neck like a toothpick" kind of way.

B
B

The ways in which WayZ continues to show her true colors faint faint

It's quite apparent that she can not be a proper mother because she is too busy having to take care of her first child,,, HERSELF. doh2 Her self induced drama will never die. dramaqueen Nooo I'm just so sorry that DD will continue to have to deal with it.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE hearing about your trip. I agree, that there is something special in the air in the Midwest during the late summer/early fall. Something you can't find anywhere else.

Minnesota Vixens? Seriously??

You take care and stay away from those flames!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
W
W
Anyone heard from James?

C
OP Offline
C
Anyone heard from James?
Nope. His last updates were quite some time ago but he certainly seemed in a better place.

I saw a customer review from July 12th for the Western Wear Emporium. The reviewer says the staff was nice and very anxious to help but the inventory and selection was quite low and not at all what he had heard about the place. He bemoans that a city the size of Mordor Springs doesn�t have a real western store anymore. He says he�ll just have to go to Denver from now on.

He finishes by saying �By the way, I felt real bad and bought a shirt. They really needed the business.�

rotflmao

That fits will what DD heard from her mom. Apparently Gollum and Wayzilla are picking up a lot more hours to limit their payroll as WayZ told DD, �The store is not quite making what we hoped for right now.�

rotflmao

Bet that makes the wagons look all the better. Hope she�s having fun.

Hang in there all you Fightin� MBers.

W
W
That is such a shame. frown Another A that is not quite turning out like they had planned.......

dance2

I arrived at exactly the appointed time to WxH's house last night to pick up DD16. The house was completely dark except for DD16's room. It was dark outside, so I could see inside - DD16 was laying on her bed, petting the cat. Not another soul to be seen. I honked the horn to let her know I was there. DD16 gets up from her bed, a shadow moves across the darkened house, light goes off in DD16's room and the two shadows move to the door.

It was so kind of him to drag his sorry [censored] out of bed to show his daughter the door. It was 8 o'clock at night for pete's sake. He hadn't seen DD16 all month because he's been gone hunting and then he leaves her on his first weekend back to hang out in her room alone until I come to pick her up?

Each time I talked to her over the weekend, she sounded very tired and dejected. I asked her what was wrong a few times and she said she didn't feel well. Once home, she seemed fine.

I don't know what's up with that. Maybe babs monopolized all his time. dontknow

S
S
There's some saying like.....hmmm....what goes around....kicks your butt later...or some such nonsense rotflmao

Whatev!

Foxy, the Z seemed to make out just fine after the D. He got the house, he knows I will raise his son, he gets the girlfriend that reminds him of all the good things OUR relationship had and whatever other great things. I suppose karma is waiting for a better opportunity with him.

Whatev Whatev!

Honestly, I don't care much anymore, but I don't have to deal with him much, either, which makes my life better

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
W
W
I get ya, SL. They are who they are. And I've thanked the Lord many times over that I am not with him anymore having to deal with all he is everyday.

I still compensate some for him in regards to DDs - probably doing more than is really what I need to but it's not near what it used to be - just to make up for his lack of care and what "I" think he should do.

I talked to babs BH last night - his son had a football game. WxH was there - standing off on the side lines with babs.

puke

That just makes me sick.

They are trying so desperately to make everything "right." and have everyone except them as "right."

No way, Jose.

Her BH has talked to his son and asked questions about how WxH treats him. For the most part, it sounds like he is ignored. Basically what DD16 says, too.

Her jeep is still broke down, too. she should be so shocked that he broke a promise to fix it before he left for hunting......

Not.

DD17 graduates this year - if she shows, I will beat her to a pulp. grumble

Sorry for the t/j, Coach. Hope you are well!

W
W
I'm pretty sure babs won't come to DD17's graduation. DD17 would beat her to a pulp herself. wink

WxH picked up DD16 from school on Friday and gave DD17 a ride to where the car was parked. babs was there, too. DD17 said the whole time she was in the truck she had the nastiest look on her face.

"I" think that is just her face - but DD17 thinks it is a variation of the usual nastiness.

Does WxH see that - does he see how his "soul-mate" treats his DD? Apparently he is too much of a weenie to stand up to her and tell her to knock it the heck off. He knows what is going on - I'm sure he does. He just plays oblivious so he doesn't have to deal with it.

uhuh

I don't know why he is under my skin today. I just hate to see the continued disrespect for all they hurt.

Maybe one day he will get his stones back from her.

I kind of doubt it, though.

C
OP Offline
C
No problem with thread jacks on this thread Cowgirl.

Originally Posted by Cowgirl
DD17 said the whole time she was in the truck she had the nastiest look on her face.

"I" think that is just her face - but DD17 thinks it is a variation of the usual nastiness.

[Linked Image from 4.bp.blogspot.com]

Her jeep is still broke down, too. she should be so shocked that he broke a promise to fix it before he left for hunting......

She really got the prize huh?

Last edited by chrisner; 09/28/10 10:43 AM.

W
W
that's the face, alright!

Do you know babs? rotflmao

Yeah, she got the booby prize. grin

C
OP Offline
C
Do you know babs? rotflmao

No, but I think I saw her phone number on the bathroom wall in a Montana Texaco men's room once. It mentioned some...umm.... specific...umm...skill sets as I recall.

Oh look, here's the shot from the truck......

[Linked Image from assets.nydailynews.com]

Last edited by chrisner; 09/28/10 11:09 AM.

W
W
Yup, dat's her.

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_LbccUVbSR...RCQXhVQfg/s1600-h/Baboon+face_Knuttz.jpg [/img]

This was her in the car with DD17.....

Apparently, I don't know how to insert images.......

Last edited by wildhorses74; 09/28/10 11:20 AM.
C
C
Y'all are too funny.

Babs sure is a cutie. She needs a shirt from WayZ's western wear store.

With one of those little bolero ties.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
Page 51 of 52 1 2 49 50 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,086 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation