Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 24 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 23 24
D
OP Offline
D
I've just spent 4 1/2 hours with my Attorney and I'm exhausted!

He was thrilled with my file preperation and had all the important facts & figures at his fingertips.

We went through everything:
Reasons for Divorce
Make the Protection Order Permenant
WH in contempt of Court for not allowing funds to live on
Maintenance & Alimony Amounts for Maintenance Court
Final Divorce Settlement
etc, etc

If we get what he/I'm asking for - WH might have his underpants left.

Everything starts tomorrow with the Court Date for the Protection order

Then it's up to the lawyers to carry on!

I actually feel really relieved & able to start thinking past tomorrow - BUT

I am dreading seeing WH in court - hopefully he won't remember to come

V
V
You have been AWESOME all through this.

I know you have a big day today - or tomorrow - I can never figure what time it is over there.

Just in case you pop in before you head to court:

I'm prayin' for you today DragonFire!

Whatever comes, you've done the best you can and that's more than most. You have your sons, and people around you who love you.

Stay strong, hon.

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!
N
N
praying for you.....we are all with you!

what we do in life......echoes in eternity!
T
T
Since tomorrow for me is today for you, you may be on your way to court by now, or there already. Hope everything goes well for you today...and very badly for Mr. DF.

tl

S
S
pray another one added to the list of people hoping all is going well for YOU and your sons. Take care. You are a true SUPERSTAR. laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
D
OP Offline
D
Thanks EVERYONE

I was in the Witness Stand for 6 hours - and can't tell you a thing, because the case is postponed to the 27th August & I'm still under Oath

But it was AWFUL - WH sat 1 meter from me, with a constant smirk on his face - legs crossed over the knee - looked like he was enjoying every minute.

I can tell you 1 thing though. The Judge asked for a section of the Court Case to be re-played to clarify a point. During the re-play, WH's Attorney cocked his head and winked at me!
I immedietly told the Judge that I found his behaviour to be Abhorrent. The Judge advised the Attorney not to try and intimidate me & would speak to him in 'Council'

I'm drained, exhausted & sore.

And this was just for the Prptection Order
What's going to happen for the Maintenance & Settlement!

The Protection Order does stay in place until the next court date, but I've no idea about how he's going to re-instate my credit card as it's logged as stolen.

Everything his Attorney said/asked was just lies! And I kept alerting the Judge to this.
At one point I said 'Then let me answer your questions on a polygraph machine'

Oh.....Please give me strength!

W
W
No matter how painful and intimidating this all is. Could you at least sense or feel how the processes are going? Do you feel things will be going your way?

I sure hope they do, and the best judgement comes out of this.

T
T
I've got to get ready to leave before the hospice volunteer comes to sit with my dad while I go do battle with the electric company...so I'll be short. Glad you survived. Sorry it's dragging on. I hope there's some significance to the fact that the judge admonished Mr. DF's attorney, instead of just telling you to quit complaining about nothing. May that be a subtle indicator of where his sympathies lie.

tl

V
V
Originally Posted by DragonFire
Oh.....Please give me strength!

You HAVE the strength. It is within you. This, too, shall pass.

(((DF)))

Good for you for standing up for yourself and calling out that lawyer! Keep that attitude.

You can do this DF. You've been amazing.

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!
D
OP Offline
D
Again - Thanks everyone

I wish I really knew which way it was going to go.
I hope I came across well, but how do you know.

I'm sure I made some blunders along the way, but I've never been in this situation before & really don't know what to say / or not to say.

But the Ak47 across the mid section feeling is there again

W
W
DF - Have just started reading your story as of yesterday. Wow - you are a very strong woman. You can do this.

Your WH is a total loser. I hope I don't offend you by saying that, but he has treated you very poorly. My WH is just as bad and very similar to yours (as are all WHs).

I will pray for you. I used to think that men like the ones we are married just existed on the LifeTime television network. Now that my life has become a television drama, I see that this situation is all too common in our world.

Just know that we are all here for you and we are all praying for you.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by WonderWoman33
Your WH is a total loser. I hope I don't offend you by saying that, but he has treated you very poorly. My WH is just as bad and very similar to yours (as are all WHs).

I will pray for you. I used to think that men like the ones we are married just existed on the LifeTime television network. Now that my life has become a television drama, I see that this situation is all too common in our world.

Just know that we are all here for you and we are all praying for you.

NOPE - No Offense - I couldn't agree with you more!

Thank you for your thoughts & prays & may I return them to you.

I keep telling my friends that the Soaps are just too tame - I want to sell my real story to them = But, you know what:
No-One would believes it's true life!

I'm still sure some meteriote landed and possessed him!

If you need help - I've bought 3 books - I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give you their names.
Maybe if a Mod can tell me - I'll let you have the Titles
Between this website & those books - I'm hanging in there - sometimes 'just'

W
W
Originally Posted by DragonFire
Between this website & those books - I'm hanging in there - sometimes 'just'

Me, too DF. I cannot wait for the drama to be OVER. I still don't want a divorce, but I am really tired of all the drama. I have been in Plan B for 10 months now. I like my peace and quiet, but my WH keeps trying to drag me back into it. Not happening.

(((DragonFire)))

S
S
Hang in there DF. I canNOT believe that lawyer. Kudos to you for calling him out and handling that right then. I don't know if I'd have had the same calmness and coolness to do that! I'd probably be sitting there with my mouth open not believing what I just saw!

I'm proud of you - can I say that? You did great.

Hang in there. For now, try to keep getting strong. Eat well, sleep well, limit your contact with him.

Sooly

"Stop yappin and make it happen."
"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Me 47
DH 46
Together for 28 years.
Married 21 years.
S
S
Maybe he felt his lawyer had to have the same mindset and crassness that he does. I like to think that this sort of mentality allows people to dig their own graves. They're so focused on thinking they're intimidating and psyching others out and making them uncomfortable and are so full of themselves, it's almost laughable.

I hope that standing your ground and letting the judge know what he did threw his game off severely. You go girl.

Last edited by Soolee; 08/13/10 01:24 PM.

Sooly

"Stop yappin and make it happen."
"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Me 47
DH 46
Together for 28 years.
Married 21 years.
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Soolee
I'm proud of you - can I say that? You did great.

Hang in there. For now, try to keep getting strong. Eat well, sleep well, limit your contact with him.

I 'love' your for saying your proud of me! You have no idea How much each & everyone of your support means to me.

Without all your advise and nudging, I wouldn't be as far forward as I am now.

Oh! I wish I could tell you about the rest of the hearing......
I'm ITCHING

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Soolee
Maybe he felt his lawyer had to have the same mindset and crassness that he does. I like to think that this sort of mentality allows people to dig their own graves. They're so focused on thinking they're intimidating and psyching others out and making them uncomfortable and are so full of themselves, it's almost laughable.

I hope that standing your ground and letting the judge know what he did threw his game off severely. You go girl.

Yes, I think that's why he chose him as Attorney, maybe also because of his work address - he came with lower hourly rates & only knows how to work with 'thugs/skanks'

I might not understand all the legal jargon, but I can tell the truth & did. My Attorney kept saying
'Just answer the question'
But how can you do that when they ask 1/2 a question, you can't give 1/2 answer.
So I think I mmight have 'spoken' too much at times!

I really wish I could tell you

P
P
I really wish I could tell you

I don't understand why you can't. This IS an anonymous forum where no one knows you in real life.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
D
OP Offline
D
I just have this thing about 'promises'
I said I wouldn't talk about it 0 so I can't, until the Judge says otherwise
Anal, I know.

P
P
Gotcha!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Page 18 of 24 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 459 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation