Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
K
K
SS2,
Keep us posted. I wish you all the best...I thought I did all the right things, looked for the right things and it ended with me having a broken heart. I sincerely hope that doesn't happen to you, you're much too nice and someone I admire so much, you deserve a future with happiness in it.

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
kaycstamper #2422113 08/29/10 09:32 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by kaycstamper
SS2,
Keep us posted. I wish you all the best...I thought I did all the right things, looked for the right things and it ended with me having a broken heart. I sincerely hope that doesn't happen to you, you're much too nice and someone I admire so much, you deserve a future with happiness in it.

Me too. There are no guarantees for happiness though. I am willing to risk getting hurt to have a chance at love again someday. Life is not without risks. Life is too short to play it safe all the time. I am just trying to enjoy the process and be as safe as possible.

I am enjoying flirting with the boy though. This part is fun.

Over it.
L
L
Originally Posted by stillstanding2
rotflmao

Hello SS2!

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
lildoggie #2422167 08/30/10 04:57 AM
G
G
Just about 2 months ago you met with your XH and ended a relationship at the same time. Until you are ready not to take the call and meet with him again, I do not believe you are ready to date or that it is fair for someone else. JMO

grindnfool
M-13 years
D-Day 10/26/06
Divorced 11.2007
DS-16, DD-9
grindnfool #2422190 08/30/10 07:34 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by grindnfool
Just about 2 months ago you met with your XH and ended a relationship at the same time. Until you are ready not to take the call and meet with him again, I do not believe you are ready to date or that it is fair for someone else. JMO

I agree that if I weren't done with the ex I would not be ready to date. The last encounter with the ex finished it for me. I'm done with him. I have no desire to ever see him again. The last visit closed the door to him for me. I am at peace (finally) with the facts of my marriage and divorce.

Over it.
lildoggie #2422192 08/30/10 07:35 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by lildoggie
rotflmao

Hello SS2!

Hi Lil!

Over it.
P
P
I am at peace (finally) with the facts of my marriage and divorce.

Well & good.

Are you also at peace with your past conduct as a wife?
Have you absorbed enough MB wisdom to greatly improve your future relationship skills?

Just asking' ....

Because, it's not just about being "past/over/done" with your XH.
It's about YOU, and what you've learned.

Pepperband #2422337 08/30/10 12:29 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Pepperband
I am at peace (finally) with the facts of my marriage and divorce.

Well & good.

Are you also at peace with your past conduct as a wife?
Have you absorbed enough MB wisdom to greatly improve your future relationship skills?

Just asking' ....

Because, it's not just about being "past/over/done" with your XH.
It's about YOU, and what you've learned.

Yes I am.

Over it.
P
P
Yes I am.

Have you read any of the humor books by Jill Conner Browne?
*LINK* to Amazon - list of Jill's books

In her books, a recurring theme is this ...

BE PARTICULAR

... especially when it comes to men. Be particular.

I can recommend her books.
If you've never read any of them, start with the book at the top of the list ... her first book.

You will laugh.

Pepperband #2422657 08/31/10 06:56 AM
G
G
My advice to people who are dating after being in a relationship or not dating for a long time is this:

Date a lot.

Date people who may not fit into "your type" but who you find posisbly attractive.

Then, be critical of what the person brings to the party.

Finally, even if it seems fabulous, be prepared for it to not work out for either you or the other person. As I told my girlfriend, MOST relationships don't work out in the first year.

As for online introductions compared to traditional introductions, I think online has some real advantages. First, there is a wider selection of eligible people--people who in the normal course of events would never cross your path. My husband was one of those. Second, you can eliminate people where there are deal breakers. For example, I won't date anyone who wants to have kids. I'd be wasting his time since I cannot have more. I'm also unwilling to date an atheist. Third, if and when it doesn't work out, you aren't constantly seeing this person. There's a good looking man at the early service at my church. I'd never date him because I wouldn't want to have to deal with it if things didn't work out. My church is very small--that means no escape.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
Greengables #2422988 08/31/10 09:25 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Work is still great. I have been going to the gym again and am starting to enjoy it. I am thankful for fantastic friends. I feel like I am getting a healthy routine going. I also have a coffee date on Sunday. smile

Over it.
S
S
Work is still great. I have been going to the gym again and am starting to enjoy it. I am thankful for fantastic friends. I feel like I am getting a healthy routine going. I also have a coffee date on Sunday. smile

Ooooohhhhhh......exciting!

SmilingWoman #2424514 09/05/10 11:31 AM
S
OP Offline
S
As soon as we "made the date", he stopped being interested. Lol. Went out last night with a girlfriend for dinner and drinks afterwards. Had a really nice evening. Going out with same new friend for lunch and hiking today. Have lost 5 pounds and have dropped a dress size. Feeling pretty good. Have also found a house to rent so I won't have to be in this hotel for much longer. Moving in 2 weeks. House is 1-1/2 miles from work and perfect for me with plenty of space and a big backyard.

Life is good. smile

Over it.
D
D
still,

Bummer about losing interest!!!! House sounds awesome, and getting in the routine of going to the gym is great!!!! Sounds like life is not only good but great!!! So glad for you!!!!

Dawn

BS 49
Divorced 10 yrs/married 21 yrs
Life is good and I am happy!
Engaged to be married on the 4th of August 2012!
30yoS&DIL & 2 gson/27yoD-Divorced & 3 gson/21yoD
daybreak #2425069 09/07/10 04:38 PM
K
K
SS2,
Glad you found a house and congrats on the weight drop! I've lost 13 lbs since Jim and I broke up, stress diet works! (Actually, it was the impetus for me to keep going, I'm actively trying to lose weight.) All of the jeans I bought a month ago are now too big! A GOOD problem!
dance2

kaycstamper #2425116 09/07/10 08:08 PM
D
D
kay--that is an awesome problem to have!!!! But I am kind of falling for Doug and don't think I want to try that kind of diet right now!!!!! Will keep going to Curves and walking!!!!

Dawn

BS 49
daybreak #2425126 09/07/10 09:22 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Jeans do not lie! Congrats Kay.

Over it.
S
OP Offline
S
Have made my first female friend in the area. We hung out on Saturday and ate Indian food and swapped divorce and dating stories. Her husband decided he was gay after 3 kids and 8 years of marriage. Nooo

She showed me a hiking trail on Sunday with waterfalls and great scenery. hurray We had lunch and did some shopping too. It was fun. We went walking yesterday and had some sushi. Her kids were with her ex and his partner for the weekend. Everybody has a story! faint

Back to normal today. Worked and went to the gym. Planning a trip this weekend to see my best friend. cool

Have a date this week with an eligible bachelor. blush

Over it.
D
D
still,

You are right everyone has a story!!!! And ours isn't usually the worse to be heard!!!!

I am sure it will be fun spending time with your friend!!!

And a date?? That's cool!!!

Have a great week!!!

Dawn

BS 49
daybreak #2425336 09/08/10 03:32 PM
K
K
It sounds like everything is going well for you, and you've made a friend to boot, that's great!

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation