Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 89 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 88 89
W
W
Beautiful rant, SoL, just beautiful.

Stupid wayards. puke

To build off your rant......

It just amazes me how all these $%^%&%& wayward women file for Temporary Relief - and are often awarded it - when their BHs are in the home providing all kinds of support, domestic, financial, etc.

And a WH can walk away from his family, not contribute a dime, not see his children for months on end - and his BW, who was left with all the household bills PLUS bills he accumulated in the A, and all the childcare and emotional support to the children, cannot even get into the court system to file for Temporary Relief.

Something has to change.

S
S
Originally Posted by Foxy Lady
And a WH can walk away from his family, not contribute a dime, not see his children for months on end - and his BW, who was left with all the household bills PLUS bills he accumulated in the A, and all the childcare and emotional support to the children, cannot even get into the court system to file for Temporary Relief.

Sounds like my grandmother, mother, aunt and a few friends. My grandmother went from riches to rags after my grandfather gambled all of the family money away and wrote bad checks....how cliche MrRollieEyes What a world...

My rant...what is with the angled parking spaces? [Linked Image from bestsmileys.com]

I mean, is perpendicular parking really that difficult? The angled parking just messes up the whole flow of the lot. You can only enter in one direction and then there are no convenient exits to that end. Sheesh[Linked Image from bestsmileys.com]

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
I
I
Actually, SL, I learned this one in civil engineering in college--the angled parking spaces can be packed tighter together because people don't need to negotiate a 90 degree turn. You'll notice that city codes allow for a certain number of spaces per acre when it's perpendicular parking and there's about 10 percent more when you're using angled. Also it allows you to claim some green space relief if you use a grass-filled berm in between.
But yes, it's annoying when you're trying to get to a close spot, only to discover you're going against the grain. smile

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
S
S
Originally Posted by imanotherone
But yes, it's annoying when you're trying to get to a close spot, only to discover you're going against the grain

Yeah, I read about these lots on wiki. I 'get' it, but these lots cause folks to do idiotic things to make a hasty exit. Driving across these lots without so much as glancing to make sure they are not on a collision course with someone following the insane directional lanes MrRollieEyes

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
_
_
Sctoop,

Yeah, I know the filing for temp relief is a formality and really not that big a deal. It just burns me in it's concept though. Plus, venting here is sorta good for me anyway.

Now about the parking spaces....

How about the folks who purposely double park because they think they have a nice car and don't want to get a scratch. If you are so darn worried about a door ding, take the bus!!

Some folks double park simply because they are not very talented at parking....or driving for that matter, but that comes with the territory. It's the double parking on PURPOSE that gets me mad. mad

-SOL
S
S
What steams me are the people that insist on backing into a perpendicular parking place, especially in a busy lot. Instead of taking 3 seconds to pull in, it takes 30 seconds and holds the whole line up.

What makes you so special that you have to back in?

S
S
Prolly a waynerd backing in.....There "special" dontchaknow. sigh

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
S
I really enjoy people who exit their vehicles and commence to walk down the MIDDLE of the aisle at a leisurely pace to get to their destination, meanwhile cars creep up behind them waiting for them to get the heck outta the flippin waaaaaaayyyyyy

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
N
N
Originally Posted by SickofLimbo
Some folks double park simply because they are not very talented at parking....or driving for that matter, but that comes with the territory.

That would be ME!!!!!.....but that's Mr. Not's rant........ rotflmao

Not2goodatdrivingFun

C
C
Speaking of parking.. Why does it seem everybody has handicapped hanger for thier mirror? I get out and limp across the parking lot for exercise even though I could get one of those cuz I am diabled. Then someone pulls into a handicapped zone with thier SUV and hops out and walks faster than me into the store. Its happened a lot of times to me. Maybe they are "getting over on" all of us. Lol..fat chance..

I feel sorry for those who are disabled but besides that who cares. Thier fat azz and entitlment issues are not something I want to own.

Why do FedEx trucks have to deliver in heavy traffic hours and block lanes? Well I used to deliver in the city so I know how unforgiving other drivers are and if you want to get done, you gotta do what you gotta do. But I thought I would rant anyways.

As far as those people who walk down the center of the aisle in the parking lot, I like to sneak up on them and stop short, sure they get ticked but thats the fun of it.

Last edited by ConstantProcess; 09/21/10 04:19 PM.

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
E
E
Continuing on the Handicapped driver rants...

Why do folks who have the handicapped parking permit drive with it hanging from their mirror when it clearly says on the permit to remove it from the mirror while you drive so you can see?

That would drive me crazy to have so much forward vision blocked by that parking permit.

Second rant. I had some clown, driving with the above mentioned tag hanging who meandered into my lane. I gave him the horn, and he woke up and got into his own lane. He ended up going to the same place, and I asked him to be careful as he may hurt someone if he continues to drive without awareness of his surroundings. Someone in the car said he was handicapped and doing the best he can.

I said driving was a privilege, not a right and if that's the best he can do, perhaps it's time for him to hang up the keys. If he hurts someone, the court is not going to accept that he was doing his best, so it's OK to be a bad driver and run others off the road.

Good grief, everyone is entitled. I'm entitled to a road free of idiots, where do I go to collect? :P

V
V
Since we're talking about parking lots - why isn't there more pregnant woman parking? Walking was such a pain when I was 30lbs heavier, and so swollen I couldn't get my shoes on!!!

Seriously a spot or two, just to make things a little easier.

I was so mad when I saw that my grocery store had pregnant lady parking - b/c I didn't notice it til 3 weeks AFTER my delivery...wait... maybe it DOES exist more places and I'm just blind...

Oh well I'll let the rant stand. laugh

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!
_
_
Originally Posted by not2fun
Some folks double park simply because they are not very talented at parking....or driving for that matter, but that comes with the territory.

Not2goodatdrivingFun

That's funny right there.

-SOL
V
V
Originally Posted by not2fun

Not2goodatdrivingFun

That's funny right there.

"I'll tell you what, that's funny right there."

Git 'er done!

grin

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
S
S
My pet peeve is people who have a diversion to putting their freakin carriages in the corral(whatever its called). esp when the corral is right near them and they are not disabled...I would like to take the carriage and RAM it into their car and see how they like it...I am tired of my care being a carriage magnet.

One time I was sittin in my car when some lady pushed her carriage up to my car and left it there!!!!! I got out of the car and yelled "THATS OKAY ILL PUT YOUR CARRIAGE BACK FOR YOU!!!!!" .....It was only like ten feel away. UGHHHHHHH!!!! I mean I thought I was lazy..Pfffft!

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

M
M
And what's up with people who pull up to 4-way stops and are scared to actually GO when they HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY!! Oh, no - there they sit, waving at me wildly to move when they're supposed to go! What the H???

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

S
S
What about the people who decide that you are driving too slow when you are actually driving over the limit. They tailgate until they decide that it is "safe" to pass, over a solid yellow line and rush past you, only to stop 15 feet ahead at the red light.

Or what about the people who always block side streets that have signs that state, "Don't block the side street?"

What I also love is that we have street signs at railroad crossings that say, "Do not stop on tracks." Really? Who the heck does that?

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
Oh, and coming from a tourist town, what about people losing all ability to drive when they are not in their home city? Seriously, it's not like we drive on the wrong side of the road here. If you miss your exit on the highway, DON'T STOP and start backing up. Go to the next exit, get off, and get back on going the other direction until you get back to the correct exit.

BTW, I am NOT a good driver, I am extra cautious and HATE driving in traffic(coming from a city of 78,000). When we drove through Chicago at 9am on a Thursday, I thought I would DIE. It is pretty interesting how everything is set up there though. Couldn't imagine what would happen here with roads like that. laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
rotflmao

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
And what's up with people who pull up to 4-way stops and are scared to actually GO when they HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY!! Oh, no - there they sit, waving at me wildly to move when they're supposed to go! What the H???
Stop talking about me!

If you will insist on having something that does not occur anywhere else in the world, then you just have to put up with our nervousness when we visit!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
Page 20 of 89 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation