Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2454080 12/19/10 03:28 AM
H
OP Offline
H
re I am so at a loss as to what to do next or where to turn. My husband and I have been married for 8 years (together 9). We had a good marriage up til recently. Sure it had its issues but what marriage doesn't. My husband has always suffered from migraines. Within the last year my husband's doctor put him on Topamax to try and control them. It has helped. Recently he upped him to 100 mg a day and my husband has drastically changed. He is very angry all the time with me - flies off the handle out of nowhere. He has also withdrawn from me. We used to talk about anything and everything - he was my best friend. Now all he wants to do is hang out with other people and he drinks alot more (he did some before - a glass of wine here a beer there but this is the hard stuff and quite a bit of it). He refurses to talk about going to counseling. Says there is nothing wrong. He tells me he iisn't unhappy but can't tell me he is happy. He says he just is - he made a commiment and he isn't going anywhere I cry all the time, can't sleep, can't breathe. I want my friend and partner back. He can't even bring himself to tell me he loves me or give me a hug. Just tells me to stop weeping. I plan on calling his doctor but hubby tells me that he wo't be stopping these meds that there is nothing wrong with him and I'm just crazy - It's all in my head. I know the man I love is still in there somewhere but I just can't find him. Please pray that God helps us through this very difficult time and our marriage can get back to a loving one and can survive.

A
A
Below are the listed Psychiatric Disorder percentages reported for Topamax. The first number is at 50mg, the second at 400mg. So some side effects do go up with an increase in dosage.

I have taken Topamax before and the worst issue I had was slight memory loss, like forgetting little things you were about to say. The memory improves over time taking the medication.

I would contact your husband's doctor office to inform them about what you have seen. Migrains can come from multiple issues and it's possible there is an issue not being addressed. I think it would be in his best benefit.

Heavenly Father,
I pray for this wife trying to discern what needs to be done for her husband. I pray Lord you would give her wisdom to be able to see what needs to be said and how to say it. I pray Father this husband would have understanding about how the wife is feeling. I pray she can express her emotions in a positive way to show him that she cares for him and wants the best for him. If there are other issues Lord bring those out in the open that they may be faced. Lord I pray you would be with this couple showing your grace, mercy and love.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

Psychiatric Disorders
Somnolence 9 15
Anorexia 4 14
Difficulty with Memory NOS 5 10
Insomnia 8 9
Depression 7 9
Difficulty with Concentration/Attention 7 8
Anxiety 4 6
Psychomotor Slowing 3 5
Mood Problems 2 5
Confusion 3 4
Cognitive Problem NOS 1 4
Libido Decreased 0 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 224 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Dr. Kabona, zoneofpleasure, priyu04, margoqwerty66, Torres1986
71,882 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Children
by BrainHurts - 10/19/24 04:02 PM
20 appointments and $1000’s later…
by BrainHurts - 10/17/24 01:06 PM
Can I become attracted to anyone?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:57 AM
MBRadio show discussing electric fence pers.
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:55 AM
Lack of sex - anyway to fix it?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:51 AM
Radio Program Still Active?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:50 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,613
Posts2,323,450
Members71,883
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation