Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27
P
P
Merry almost Christmas Fred !
santa001

M
M
Hope you tracked her down and asked her out!

F
OP Offline
F
I have a date. smile

smile smile smile

!

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
P
P
Way to go FRED!

Me - 46
Wife - 43
2 x DD
Married 18 yrs - known each other for 22 yrs
Woke up 12/2009 and realized I was an idiot for neglecting my WIFE!
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Merry almost Christmas Fred !
santa001
Thank you, Pepperband. And the same to you and yours.

I see you are back on SAA, reviving the "gems." Your service is truly admirable.

St. Francis of Assissi
S
S
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
I have a date. smile

smile smile smile

!

Which woman?

Good for you!~

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman
Which woman?

Good for you!~
Thanks, SW. This is woman #2. Or #1, depending on how you look at it. She's NOT the woman I sat with in church, if that helps.

Thanks to all of you for giving me the strength and courage. This woman was at the meeting I've been leading. As we were ending the meeting, I asked her if I could speak with her before she left. After the post-meeting chatter died down I simply said to her, "I know it's late notice, but if you're free Friday morning, I'd like to take you to a Christmas Eve brunch." At first she was a bit surprised. "Friday?"

"It's Christmas Eve," I repeated.

She asked about where and when, and then said, "It sounds like it could be fun. I'm not doing much this holiday." I got her phone number and address and told her I'd call to confirm and I'd pick her up Friday morning.

I'm thinking I should give her a small Christmas gift when I pick her up. Do you concur? Maybe a poinsettia or something?

St. Francis of Assissi
W
W
I'm thinking I should give her a small Christmas gift when I pick her up. Do you concur? Maybe a poinsettia or something?

No, you are practicing meeting and talking with women, you are not DATING a woman yet. Have a relationship with the woman, then a gift.

If you want a couple of ideal books to understand how to introduce yourself to women, then order and read the following books:

The Pickup Artist by Mystery
Rules of the Game by Neil Strauss.

Both books will give you the secrets to PRACTICE approaching women. And both are professional PUA coaches, that's how they make their living. And I have read their books, and the second contains a day by day training course, which I m using at the moment to overcome my in experience, and from my psychology readings, they are all on the right path.

Learning from your own mistakes creates experience, learning from books creates knowledge, combining the two together creates wisdom => You start with a full bag of luck, and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.
L
L
Well done Fred! Keep us posted.

Don't pray for God to guide your footsteps unless you are willing to move your feet

Me BH 55, WW 40, M 12 yrs, 3 Boys 19, 10 & 8.
Separated Sept 08
DDay Dec 08
Plan A Mar 09
Plan B 16 Nov 09
O
O
Thanks to all of you for giving me the strength and courage. This woman was at the meeting I've been leading. As we were ending the meeting, I asked her if I could speak with her before she left. After the post-meeting chatter died down I simply said to her, "I know it's late notice, but if you're free Friday morning, I'd like to take you to a Christmas Eve brunch." At first she was a bit surprised. "Friday?"

Awww, Fred! I am beaming for you!! You must be so excited. You'll have fun for sure. This is a great Christmas present! Have fun and just be yourself. I'm so happy.

Opt

S
S
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman
Which woman?

Good for you!~
Thanks, SW. This is woman #2. Or #1, depending on how you look at it. She's NOT the woman I sat with in church, if that helps.

"It's Christmas Eve," I repeated.

She asked about where and when, and then said, "It sounds like it could be fun. I'm not doing much this holiday." I got her phone number and address and told her I'd call to confirm and I'd pick her up Friday morning.

Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Just before my dh met me he had attempted to get together with a woman he met through friends. He called her twice and she was always busy...or didn't return his call. As soon as she heard he was dating me she immediately reached out and answered one of his calls...but it was too late. smile I often think about her and how close I came to never even meeting my dh. He certainly would not have even agreed to meet me if he had been seeing her.

Things work out wonderfully sometimes.

p.s. not saying this woman is 'the one'....but you never know!

P
P
Thank you, Pepperband. And the same to you and yours.
hug

I see you are back on SAA, reviving the "gems." Your service is truly admirable.

Not so much.
Just a little.
Now and then.

Dad died Sept.
I've been ill.

Minding my own business, mostly.

F
OP Offline
F
Not so much.
Just a little.
Now and then.

Dad died Sept.
I've been ill.

Minding my own business, mostly.
I am sorry to learn of your dad's passing. I hope both you and he have found peace in this. And I hope you are recovering from your illness.

Your wit, wisdom and "decorative" postings are one of this board's strongest and most compelling features.

St. Francis of Assissi
P
P
It's been a humble season for me.

And, that's a good thing.
Humility shakes off the chaff.

Don't waste time Fred.
It's precious.

F
OP Offline
F
Don't waste time Fred.
It's precious.
As I said, your wisdom is highly valued here, P. Thank you.

And Merry Christmas to you, again!

[Linked Image from getsmileyface.com]

St. Francis of Assissi
K
K
I haven't had time to be on line this week, so I feel a little behind...
Good luck Fred and congrats! I hope you have fun!

And Pepperband, sorry to hear your news. frown

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
F
OP Offline
F
My date is tomorrow. I told her I'd pick her up at 10:30 a.m. for the brunch at 11:00. I also said I'd call her when I left my home to let her know I was on the way.

Should I call her today to confirm the date? I had thought to do so and to make sure I knew how to get to her place.

Or should I wait and call her in the morning, as planned?

St. Francis of Assissi
F
OP Offline
F
I didn't wait. I called her. And it we had a very nice, brief chat, and we're still on for tomorrow!

I'm as jittery as a pimple-faced pre-teen going on his first date!

St. Francis of Assissi
T
T
Lol, good luck Fred, you'll do great!

Travis

Age - 35
Divorce Final - 3/5/12

S - 13
S - 10
D - 8
F
OP Offline
F
OK, is anyone interested in reading a recap? Keep reading if the answer is "yes."

We had a great time. We both dressed appropriately: me in slacks, sports coat and sweater, she in a sweater, mid-length skirt and boots. The brunch was held at an upscale country club. The morning was bright, clear and chilly. Our table of 15 was next to a floor-to-ceiling window that looked onto the golf course. The buffet was sumptuous and delicious!

My date knew several of the people, which I think helped put her more at ease, and we had a group photo taken when we were done.

I enjoyed her company and she said she had a great time. She gave me a hug as I dropped her off. We discovered some shared interests (she loves to cook, runs, is tech savvy, and likes to travel) and we now have an open-ended next date! I suggested we do a "date night" at the cooking class school I've been to. She agreed, and we'll find one evening when the menu looks like something challenging and interesting to us both.

I had given her a gift of a mug packed with a deluxe hot cocoa mix when I arrived. She opened it when we returned and seemed to truly appreciate it.

She is planning a trip to New York City Sunday, just to shop and take in a show or two. This fits in with my observation that she has a life filled with interests and activities and isn't desperate for a relationship. This is a good thing, I think, since it means that I need not pursue a relationship, but can simply get to know her better on both of our terms. And time frames.

Bottom line: I had a good time. I was on my best behavior, but I didn't feel like I had to put on pretense. I enjoyed speaking with her (and nearly missed two turns on the drive home because we were chatting) and I think she enjoyed it, too.

So, we'll go out together again. When, is still to be determined. But that's good, because it lessens the pressure on both of us.

It was fun and satisfying. smile

St. Francis of Assissi
Page 4 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 497 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation