Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
D
Originally Posted by Wounded2009
His reply was, Because of my affair? Is that going to affect the rest of our lives?

And to this you replied "yes, of course it does."

Right?

FBW in recovery
Delta_ #2461976 01/09/11 12:39 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Delta_
Originally Posted by Wounded2009
His reply was, Because of my affair? Is that going to affect the rest of our lives?

And to this you replied "yes, of course it does."

Right?

Yes I did. Was that the wrong thing to say?

BS - 45 - Me
FWH - 42
DS 19 mine from previous marriage
DD 17 Mine from previous marriage

A - Aug - Nov 09
DD1 - Nov 20 09
DD2 - APR 30 10
NC - APR 10

In Recovery
C
C
It is never wrong to be Open and Honest about your feelings.

Have you tried to POJA this?

S
S
Wounded, you are going to have to get your H onboard with MB. In addition to reading the books with him and asking him to come post here (which I know you have said he won't do), the best options for you are to see a pro-MB counselor or work directly with the Harleys.

In addition to not practicing POJA, he has very very poor boundaries, which is one of the first things that you would want to see change during Recovery. It doesn't sound like he is even close yet (his xW shouldn't be calling him and he shouldn't be going to that event without you).

My sense is that a third party is going to have to tell him these things or else he will just keep gaslighting you. At least this worked for me with the parts of MB that my H wasn't making progress with.

Sorry you are going through this!

Last edited by SusieQ; 01/09/11 01:03 PM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
SusieQ #2462042 01/09/11 03:58 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by SusieQ
Wounded, you are going to have to get your H onboard with MB. In addition to reading the books with him and asking him to come post here (which I know you have said he won't do), the best options for you are to see a pro-MB counselor or work directly with the Harleys.

In addition to not practicing POJA, he has very very poor boundaries, which is one of the first things that you would want to see change during Recovery. It doesn't sound like he is even close yet (his xW shouldn't be calling him and he shouldn't be going to that event without you).

My sense is that a third party is going to have to tell him these things or else he will just keep gaslighting you. At least this worked for me with the parts of MB that my H wasn't making progress with.

Sorry you are going through this!

Thank you..I am going to talk to him about MB Counselor. He has told me that he wants us to see a counselor but he never makes the appointment. We did see one in the begining but stopped going because he would have angry outbursts and walk out of the session and tell me when I wasn't doing what the counselor said for me to do, even though he wasn't doing the things either.

BS - 45 - Me
FWH - 42

A - Aug - Nov 09
DD1 - Nov 20 09
DD2 - APR 30 10
NC - APR 10

In Recovery
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by clark_kent
It is never wrong to be Open and Honest about your feelings.

Have you tried to POJA this?

He is barely talking to me right now other than trying to direct me moving his aunt in with us while he is at work.

BS - 45 - Me
FWH - 42

A - Aug - Nov 09
DD1 - Nov 20 09
DD2 - APR 30 10
NC - APR 10

In Recovery
S
S
It sounds like he wants his affair forgotton and under the rug so life can be exactly the same pre-affair...

Sorry buddy but that ain't hapening and if he does not realize this then I am afraid you are not in a real recovery.

He does not realize hoe much damage he has done to the mariage so therefore he still has low boundaries and this will happen again either with the same girl or a different ow.

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by SapphireReturns
It sounds like he wants his affair forgotton and under the rug so life can be exactly the same pre-affair...

Sorry buddy but that ain't hapening and if he does not realize this then I am afraid you are not in a real recovery.

He does not realize hoe much damage he has done to the mariage so therefore he still has low boundaries and this will happen again either with the same girl or a different ow.

That is exactly what I am thinking too. His behavior is almost the same as it was when he was having his affair before but I can't find any evidence of it. No unusually numbers on his phone. His computer crashed so we are sharing my laptop so I can see what he is doing on the internet (which he doesn't get on the computer much anymore). Right now he is switching between vehicles so unless I buy several VARs I can't get anything that way. I have looked for a second phone but haven't found one. Not sure what else I can do.

BS - 45 - Me
FWH - 42

A - Aug - Nov 09
DD1 - Nov 20 09
DD2 - APR 30 10
NC - APR 10

In Recovery
S
S
U can't he is waiting till this blows over what u need to do is sit down and make new requirments and new boundaries such as....

UA time 20 hours
Dedication on mb principles POJA, radical honesty, top needs, get rid of lb, and DJs
No more secrets
No more talking to other females (even if they are just friends)
Respecting eachother
Etc...

You can add more to help with ur needs

What are the bounaries and requirments did you guys talk about? And what have his actions been since he's been back...

Actions speaks louder than words.

H
OP Offline
H
We have a session scheduled with Steve tomorrow. Hopefully this gets us on track.

BS - 45 - Me
FWH - 42

A - Aug - Nov 09
DD1 - Nov 20 09
DD2 - APR 30 10
NC - APR 10

In Recovery
H
OP Offline
H
I think Steve might have gotten through to him some. His behavior has been more loving than usual. I have my session with Steve tomorrow.

BS - 45 - Me
FWH - 42

A - Aug - Nov 09
DD1 - Nov 20 09
DD2 - APR 30 10
NC - APR 10

In Recovery
H
OP Offline
H
I can not sing Steve's praises enough. It has taken several sessions but I think my husband is coming out of the fog. He is finally taking responsibility and not blaming me or our marriage. His behavior is supporting his words.

I feel like we are finally on the right road to recovery and it feels good. Is it normal to still be gaurded due to past false recoveries?

Thank all of you for your help. I don't know how I would have handled it with out all of the insight and advice I have gotten here. I know alot of you gave up on me because I wouldn't go to plan B but according to Steve I did the right thing by not doing it.

BS - 45 - Me
FWH - 42

A - Aug - Nov 09
DD1 - Nov 20 09
DD2 - APR 30 10
NC - APR 10

In Recovery
S
S
Great news, Wounded smile

It bums me out when people take that advice (to use Steve to get their spouse on board) lightly or just ignore it altogether. I know it has worked tremendously for me and others. Keep us updated!

Last edited by SusieQ; 01/20/11 12:22 PM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
SusieQ #2466341 01/20/11 12:12 PM
S
S
So Steve can help a WS get out of the fog and end the affair? I've seen so many ppl on here say there is no point in getting WS to talk to Steve if they are still in contact with OW/OM.

Me: BS 32
WH: 32
DD: 10 months
ILYBNILWY: August
Bomb of PA: September
WH left: October
WH filed for Divorce: November
Me: Still fighting
S
S
Her H wasn't involved in an active affair. He was still foggy and gaslighting her tho...

ETA: I see why you thought there was an A. I changed my last post

Last edited by SusieQ; 01/20/11 12:23 PM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
SusieQ #2466392 01/20/11 01:08 PM
S
S
gotcha!

Me: BS 32
WH: 32
DD: 10 months
ILYBNILWY: August
Bomb of PA: September
WH left: October
WH filed for Divorce: November
Me: Still fighting
SusieQ #2466754 01/21/11 09:51 AM
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by StillFighting
gotcha!
Originally Posted by SusieQ
Her H wasn't involved in an active affair. He was still foggy and gaslighting her tho...

ETA: I see why you thought there was an A. I changed my last post

Thanks for clearing it up for me. I am not on here much anymore.

BS - 45 - Me
FWH - 42

A - Aug - Nov 09
DD1 - Nov 20 09
DD2 - APR 30 10
NC - APR 10

In Recovery
H
OP Offline
H
Can you say total attitude change?

We will be having our 5th session with Steve tomorrow. This does not seem like the same man or relationship I was with/in just 12 days ago. I do not know what assignments Steve is giving him but I do know the goal of the assignments. My FWH is surpassing the goals. I even got a dozen roses last night for no reason!!!

I am a little worried because of my daughter's attitude toward him. Any advice on how to handle it?

BS - 45 - Me
FWH - 42

A - Aug - Nov 09
DD1 - Nov 20 09
DD2 - APR 30 10
NC - APR 10

In Recovery
H
OP Offline
H
How do you get your spouse to do the homework Steve gives us?

Our last appointment was on Feb 9th. Steve tolds us to sit down and go over our ENs and LBs then set up a session with him early the next week (which would have been on the 16th due to hubby's work schedule). I have requested that we do this sit down several times. I even went as far as to ask on the 15th if we could do it on the 16th for my birthday. Still nothing but he did mention today that we need to do our homework.

Not only did we not do the homework but we didn't do anything for my birthday. He gave me the same thing on my bithday that he gave me for Valentines and Christmas..nothing. After I told him that my feeling were hurt he came home the day after my birthday with a big ballon, card and money for me to get what I wanted. I do appriciate him acknowleding my B'day but I still feel hurt because I have alway made his birthday special. I know it is partly because this is my first birthday after DD2 and after my mother's death.

We have finally come to an agreement about his great aunt. He gives me a day off a week. He informed me that his next day off he is going to another state to pick up a part for his truck. When I told him that it bothered me that he didn't discuss it with me first it has caused alot of LB on both sides. HE knows about POJA but still doesn't use it.

Help please.

BS - 45 - Me
FWH - 42

A - Aug - Nov 09
DD1 - Nov 20 09
DD2 - APR 30 10
NC - APR 10

In Recovery
P
P
How do you get your spouse to do the homework Steve gives us?
Make the appointment with Steve, and Steve will get on to him for not doing the homework. Steve's your husband's coach, not you. You do what you're supposed to do, and let Steve worry about getting your husband to do his part.

Make an appointment ASAP.

Last edited by Prisca; 02/19/11 08:47 PM.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 454 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation