Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 68 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 67 68
S
OP Offline
S
This morning we were hugging on the couch, having coffee. I was delaying going off to work for an hour. And I said.
"I wish you could see yourself through my eyes."
She held onto the hug a little longer.

Its very true. I don't think she sees herself like I see her.

Me: 43
ExWW: 44
Married 16yrs. 4 children

EA (ExWW): May-Nov 2009 + Aug-Dec 2010
D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Exposure: FEB 7, 2011
Contact Again: Apr 25, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

"I want to be married and stay married. Now I uunderstand the kind of marriage I want and we all deserve. But I also know it takes two to want to Build that Marriage."
N
N
Hey, sounds like things are on the up and up, glad to hear it.

Have you ever read markos's thread?

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2388046&page=14

It's nearly 100 pages long like Andy's was, but Markos and wife struggled with one hellacious conversation issue. A lot of it sounds like the stuff me and my wife did/do. I'm only on page 14 (where there's an interesting dialogue about a vacuum cleaner that sounded a lot like me), but there is a lot there by vets offering suggestions that could apply to just about anyone.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

A
A
NW - are you saying I'm long winded?....LOL..?

BS(me)- 45
WW - 41
D-day 1 - (PA) 01/2011
DS - 6
Exposure: early 02/2011
Started Plan B - 7/11
W
W
Originally Posted by stretch123
This morning we were hugging on the couch, having coffee. I was delaying going off to work for an hour. And I said.

stretch, I haven't posted to you before but I've been following your thread. I just had to say that if my H would hold me in his arms, and say that to me, I would absolutely melt. I hope the marriage retreat goes well this weekend - stay strong!

FWW

"Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough." ~ Earl Wilson
N
N
Originally Posted by AndyM
NW - are you saying I'm long winded?....LOL..?

LOL--hardly! You've seen some of my posts--they fill the page sometimes. You just have a lot of "stuff" going on and have gotten a lot of feedback on your thread(s) which is a good thing!

Me (BH)
FWW

R
R
North is probably the reason the server went down a couple weeks back:)

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
N
N
Originally Posted by Reynolds531
North is probably the reason the server went down a couple weeks back:)

Ha Ha Haaaaaa...and here I was thinking Canadians didn't have a sense of humor smile

Me (BH)
FWW

R
R
Got to have a sense of humour, its almost April and it was minus 12 celcius this morning. Come on spring!

Last edited by Reynolds531; 03/27/11 01:13 PM.

FBH,Dad
N
N
Ugh, bet you're tired of that. Winter's been over for us for about a month now. Supposed to be 75 tomorrow (around 20-something Celsius I think). It was hot today, I had my shorts and flip-flops on, and probably looked a bit like a slob but that's ok smile

Funny how y'all add that "u" in your words-- favour, humour, etc.

Or maybe it's funny how we don't add it.

And so ends my random thought of the day smile

Me (BH)
FWW

F
F
Got to have a sense of humour, its almost April and it was minus 12 celcius this morning. Come on spring!

Reynolds, you have to translate from Canadian if you expect us to follow along. I know what you meant, but I think its only because I worked for a Canadian bank for many years.

BS (me) 49
WW 49
married 6 years
dday1 8/23/10 NC 9/3/10
NC broken 12/10
dday2 2/6/11
NC2 3/5/11
R
R
Yeah funny guys eh? I was translating for you eh? Quit making fun hosers or we'll shut off the maple syrup pipeline. Your IHOPs will shut down in two days tops:)

FBH,Dad
N
N
Great...now I've got to go see what a hoser is. smile

In the meantime, hope things are going good up your way, Reynolds.

Me (BH)
FWW

B
B
Yeah funny guys eh? I was translating for you eh? Quit making fun hosers or we'll shut off the maple syrup pipeline. Your IHOPs will shut down in two days tops:)

No way eh! IHOP's use maple flavored corn syrup. No impact there.

My wife is Canadian (Nova Scotia). I've learned to tell the difference between 'real' maple syrup and the fake kind. Y'all's candy is way better. Coffee crisp FTW!

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
R
R
Sorry Stretch for the TJ. You're quiet hope you are doing OK.

How about REAL beer? OK so its like forty bucks here for 24 bottles, which I know you guys would overthrow the gov't if they tried there...

FBH,Dad
N
N
Sorry Stretch for the TJ. You're quiet hope you are doing OK.

How about REAL beer? OK so its like forty bucks here for 24 bottles, which I know you guys would overthrow the gov't if they tried there...

...yeah, wouldn't put it past us.

Me (BH)
FWW

S
OP Offline
S
Gee whiz guys. I go away on a marriage retreat for a couple of days and there is a total thread jack going on while you talk about the weather, beer and pancakes up in Canada.

D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

"I want to be married and stay married. Now I uunderstand the kind of marriage I want and we all deserve. But I also know it takes two to want to Build that Marriage."
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by wulffpack_girl

stretch, I haven't posted to you before but I've been following your thread. I just had to say that if my H would hold me in his arms, and say that to me, I would absolutely melt. I hope the marriage retreat goes well this weekend - stay strong!

Oh my. I am humbled. Thank you.

Has your BH spent any time with MB? We would welcome him here. If you let him know there are a lot of BH's here that can help him with his pain. (He is in a lot of pain wulffpack girl... I am sure you know that)

Last edited by stretch123; 03/28/11 12:45 PM.

D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

S
OP Offline
S
FYI -
Marriage Retreat was phenomenal. I am going to tell you the name of it here and the moderators can pull it down. But its faith based, they talk about extramarital affairs well. They are pro-marriage, pro-recovery, pro-family, pro men and women. We were both simply overwhelmed and exhilerated. I heard plenty of MB principles within the material.

Familylife Weekend to Remember

Heard about it through our church. Amazing. Amazing !

We both scored it a 10! We both said, on our own evaluation sheets before comparing notes.... (From 1-10)our marriage was at a 3 on Friday and at a 7 on Sunday.

I got an apology for the affair on Saturday night.
I am energized and focused on being an outstanding husband and father and I have the tools. I know what that means.
Our priorities are: 1)God 2) Spouse 3) Children 4) Ourselves
So my needs come 4th. And her needs come 4th for her. Humans are so innately self-centerd. Got to remember that.

They weren't soft on extramarital affairs. A selfish escape from reality is what they are. They also said the pain and trust would take a lot of time.

The marriage after dark session Saturday afternoon was great. The couples homework after that session kept us in the hotel room for hours. We finally were hungry enough (for food) that we went to dinner at about 10PM.

Okay, so all is not perfect. I am still hurt. Still sad. Still seeking her commitment. I cried when all 1,000 people re-committed to their vows because we were one of the couples that could not. Its not time for us yet. So I cried, and cried.

But I believe we will get there soon.

D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

N
N
Gee whiz guys. I go away on a marriage retreat for a couple of days and there is a total thread jack going on while you talk about the weather, beer and pancakes up in Canada.

Really, stretch, did you expect anything less? We got bored. grin

Glad to hear the retreat was a positive experience for you guys. Keep up the good work, bet you'll get that committment before too much longer. And getting one that actually "means" something is so much better than just one to go along with the crowd.

Last edited by Northwood8900; 03/28/11 01:08 PM. Reason: I really cannot type today

Me (BH)
FWW

A
A
Stretch - I'm estatic for you and WW! Sounds like you're on a good path.

Reynolds & NW - In the US you can legally brew your own, great beer for a lot less cash (+/-$12 a case).

BS(me)- 45
WW - 41
D-day 1 - (PA) 01/2011
DS - 6
Exposure: early 02/2011
Started Plan B - 7/11
Page 23 of 68 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 67 68

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation