Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I posted, but I'm here reading every day. I came across this article on Salon.com. I bit of an eye opener for you lurkers who are considering or have already cheated on your spouse.

http://www.salon.com/life/real_families/index.html?story=/mwt/feature/2011/04/11/secret_family

aBetterMe

Me 33
DH 35
Together 14 years, married 12
Two "furry children" (one cat & one dog)

MB has changed me and changed my life. I am becoming a better person for it, and building a better marriage. MB principles can truly help you create the love and the life you want.
A
OP Offline
A
At the end he says "I do know that is how love dies: Reality kills it." It SHOULD say "I do know how a fantasy dies: Reality kills it."

aBetterMe

Me 33
DH 35

MB has changed me and changed my life. I am becoming a better person for it, and building a better marriage. MB principles can truly help you create the love and the life you want.
S
S
Yeah...this guy has no idea what "love" is....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
H
H
He brings wayward to a new level...pond scum

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
A
OP Offline
A
I know, I couldn't believe some of the things he said. Everything he did was wrong: marrying someone he didn't love, cheating on his wife regardless of their "silent understanding" that they would split up later, have an affair and THEN a kid with a woman in the middle of a divorce, the dishonestly... ugh! I could go on an on. Then the "woe is me!" This was "true lurve" until reality seeped in.

And speaking of reality, I would like to point out to those of you who are afraid to expose... EXPOSE!!! Reality killed this affair/"lurve", so bring some reality into the fantasy of your cheating spouse for God's sake. EXPOSE!!!

Last edited by aBetterMe; 04/12/11 10:48 AM.

aBetterMe

Me 33
DH 35

S
S
Yeah, the "silent understanding" thing cracks me up!!!! I would love to hear if the Ex knew about this. Supposedly I had one with my WH, funny I knew NOTHING about it. It was a silent understanding in his pea brain...

I said to my WH, if we had a SILENT understanding...when I asked you where you were going why didnt you just say "out with my new girlfriend" instead of lying about it....I mean we had a "silent understanding" so I shouldnt have had a problem with it, right? Its just another justification for their lying and cheating.

Last edited by stillhere8126; 04/12/11 12:34 PM.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
C
C
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
Yeah, the "silent understanding" thing cracks me up!!!! I would love to hear if the Ex knew about this. Supposedly I had one with my WH, funny I knew NOTHING about it. It was a silent understanding in his pea brain...

I said to my WH, if we had a SILENT understanding...when I asked you where you were going why didnt you just say "out with my new girlfriend" instead of lying about it....I mean we had a "silent understanding" so I shouldnt have had a problem with it, right? Its just another justification for their lying and cheating.
This cracks me up. After D-day I told my DH deep down I "knew" and he responds by telling me he thought I knew he was cheating so he thought it was OK. I smacked him so hard that I almost knocked him unconscious.

P
P
Originally Posted by cobol_girl
I smacked him so hard that I almost knocked him unconscious.

Not twoxfour a great Plan A moment, but gurl ..... rotflmao

P
P
I couldn't believe what I just read in that article. Boy, does he need to be smacked up side of the head. He is still foggy. And if you noticed, it lasted about 2 years which is how long it takes for about 95% of them to go belly up.

Still hoping and praying.

BW-me 47yrs
WH-him 50yrs
married 24yrs, together 25 yrs,DD 25yrs, DD 22yrs(granddaughter born 3/14/2012).
D-Day#1 discovered cell phone calls 6/30/2009
D-Day#2 7/26/2009
Plan D 06/2012/WH served 8/17/12
WH left 7/25/2009/WH moved in with OW 7/29/2009
Trying to reconcile 12/30/2009/left 10/22/2010
2nd OW 8/2011? and living in Idaho.
"Dochas" Gaelic for hope which I have with me at all times because it is tattooed on my lower back.
A
OP Offline
A
I love some of the letters too that readers sent in:
http://letters.salon.com/mwt/feature/2011/04/11/secret_family/view/?show=all

This guy is a serious loser.

aBetterMe

Me 33
DH 35

H
H
Get a vasectomy.

rotflmao

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation