Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 50 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 49 50
C
C
Yeah, now I gotta google proselyte.

Definition of PROSELYTE
: a new convert (as to a faith or cause)

Related to PROSELYTE
Synonyms: neophyte, convert

Shoulda figured

Last edited by ConstantProcess; 04/20/11 03:46 PM.
N
OP Offline
N
Ha, leave it up to a Canadian (Reynolds) to teach us new words!

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

C
C
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
Ha, leave it up to a Canadian (Reynolds) to teach us new words!

yeah,.. well,.. ya know,...at least he's not a total hoser eay?

N
OP Offline
N
CP you aren't, by chance, living north of the border are you?

EDIT: And, yeah, Reynolds isn't that bad. smile

Last edited by Northwood8900; 04/20/11 04:15 PM.

Me (BH)
FWW

C
C
Nope, but I was raised in Damn Yankee country, Western MA, and have been to Upstate NY a lot and Can-a-Da once.

In many ways just another simple farm-boy, wide-eyed and learnin as I go along. Ey-yut!

Lol, I remember this woman, who had like 5 kids from 5 different men, and eventually went to Framingham MA. Prison for women,telling me how I seemed like a country type of guy. ( It wasn't a compliment).

OH she had a hard life, and used to explain why she scammed the market for milk, by bringing back the almost empty gal, and saying it was bad.

She was caught selling pedigree dogs, with forged papers, along with her other welfare schemes. Of course the kids got to carry the blame too, as they got sucked into, "I sacrificed so much for you"

I dunno, but it seems she was listening to to much heart-breaking self-Frighteous bullcrap from somewhere, ya know, like everybody blames country music for, when emotions outweigh horse-sense.

Its funny that everybody either blames where they grew up, or makes a claim of how great they are, because they came from there.

Oh well, I guess they are just jealous. Its hard to be humble when your the best. MrRollieEyes

R
R
LOL you two are going to bring him down on all of us. I was just bein smart eh?

Hope SMMs doing alright, been a while since he updated.

End TJ

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
S
S
Further T/J: You are all doing great, and I love that you are so supportive of each other. Best to you!

H
H
Aye gentleman. Ye are a good crop. While none of us would choose the circumstances which brought as all here, it's quite fortunate you all ended up here to make it through!

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Reynolds531
LOL you two are going to bring him down on all of us. I was just bein smart eh?

Hope SMMs doing alright, been a while since he updated.

End TJ

You're a good sport, Reynolds smile and I hope things are going well for you.

Me (BH)
FWW

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Surfer88
Further T/J: You are all doing great, and I love that you are so supportive of each other. Best to you!

Hey Surfer, thanks for stopping by and for the support!

Me (BH)
FWW

M
M
This sure is a long thread.... was there a no contact letter for take three? just watching and learning...

Married 1/2000.
D-Day 3/7/11. WH moved in with OW and they married in 2013.
Single mom of 4.

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
Aye gentleman. Ye are a good crop. While none of us would choose the circumstances which brought as all here, it's quite fortunate you all ended up here to make it through

It's quite a diverse group, I'd say, with the three of us being on three different sides of the continent.

Me (BH)
FWW

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by mehr
This sure is a long thread.... was there a no contact letter for take three? just watching and learning...

Hey mehr,

No NC letter this time around. The first one was forced (she didn't mean it) and the second one was only halfway meant and, regardless, OM didn't give a flip and kept right on talking.

I didn't bother this time because WW met the rest of my conditions (most importantly, speaking with OM's wife) and I wanted OM's last impression of us being me cussing him out, me talking to his wife, me sending letters to his parents and sister, me sending letters to his co-workers, and WW speaking to his wife.

She would send one if I wanted her to, but I just don't think he deserves hearing one more thing from either of us. He's past tense, if that makes any sense, and we're ready to move on.

I imagine some of the vets would disagree with my thinking, but I don't think a NC will matter one way or the other as far as me thinking that she is committed to the marriage.

Me (BH)
FWW

S
S
Sounds like the right decision. Your "Take 3" sounds to be starting out correctly. She sounds like she has real commitment

Me: 43
ExWW: 44
Married 16yrs. 4 children

EA (ExWW): May-Nov 2009 + Aug-Dec 2010
D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Exposure: FEB 7, 2011
Contact Again: Apr 25, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

"I want to be married and stay married. Now I uunderstand the kind of marriage I want and we all deserve. But I also know it takes two to want to Build that Marriage."
R
R
Three of us, I would say the BH 2010-2011 is larger than that!

Andy, Stretch, SMM, Lost, Rey, North, TD, and on and on!

We need our own board!

FBH,Dad
N
N
.....and HFD, and CourtVeteran, and PNA, the fence-vaulting professor.

One hell of a cadre!

N
OP Offline
N
Oops, looks like I forgot a few of us!

Haven't read CourtVeteran's thread, will take a look.

This morning wife said she wanted to look at getting a different wedding ring, asked if I was ok with that. She said she wanted a new start with it, and also wanted to show me that she was committed and not messing around with this. A good sign, I believe.

Me (BH)
FWW

R
R
I forgot about plsnotagain! Took stones to hop that fence, but he never did really put the pressure on his wife.

I wonder how that turned out!

FBH,Dad
S
S
I've been on MB's for a little over a year now, and it's quite an interesting pattern. I'm glad you guys are finding fellowship through all of this, kind of like a graduating class from high school or college.

A group of us men came through together last year, many of us have earned our "diplomas" and are now hanging out on the "After Divorce" board. Not as much traffic over there, but it's a nicer place without so much drama.

Find comfort in that being a part of the MB's community and learning the concepts might not save your M, but it will definitely make you a better man and help speed you through recovery.

C
C
thats great about the ring. from a girl its a good sign. my WH is just wearing the new one we got in the mail (we saw it in st thomas) 2 days after the floor fell out for me, he wont take it off. kinda ironic, but nice. are girls allowed to be honorary members of ur club?

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
final truths 5/8-- all of them poly confirmed 5/18
working the plan

Page 36 of 50 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 49 50

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation