Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 51 of 51 1 2 49 50 51
B
B
Hang in there. You are doing so much better...

Nothing else to add, except to add smile

Last edited by barbiecat; 08/26/11 01:20 PM.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
B
B
ooooooh, I wrote the 1,000 post!
Does that give Atena gold or platinum status?

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
R
R
Originally Posted by barbiecat
ooooooh, I wrote the 1,000 post!
Does that give Atena gold or platinum status?

lol.....it simply gives her the

'We love you Atena. We are here for you'

status

and. the card is showing he hopes to be friends eventually with you Atena in the future to normalize the whole dealysmegeggy.

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Wow, 1000 posts!!!! Thank you all for the support and love you gave me all these years!!!
Yes, WH wants to normalize things, I guess. After 2 years he wants people to accept his new lifestyle.... I m not sure ...maybe after 2 years things start taking a new direction,,,,the A has not ended yet but maybe WH is realizing OW cannot meet his EN for family and hopes to get it from me.....
Fat chance pal!!!!!
Bless

atena
A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Ok, I did tell my son today that would be a good idea not to have his dad manipulate him. My son said he thought the card WH wrote to my mom was not a good idea but he did not know what WH had written in it and could not have imagined how it was going to be."...
I will not put him against his dad but he can see it for himself that his dad prefers ow company when he could take advantage of the fact that son is now here for only a few days more and then gone again for many months."..he is old enough to see it, am sure...
Blesssing

atena
M
M
Bravo to your mother and brother! Yes, your H wants to go along like everything is hunky dory and is shocked when anyone points out the disgusting things he did. He was shocked when I emailed him that time about the filming project in your department. He just wants to be friends. I am glad your family did that and think it is a great lesson for your boy too. He needs to see how decent people react.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
stay out of our lives and to shove his stupid and offensive card to my mom up his....you know what.....

yeeeeeeee-hawwwwwwwwwww
dance2

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi Melody, yes , it was finally time my family spoke up. He thinks we are a bunch of idiots, I m sure otherwise...how dare he send such an insulting card?
I am sure he knows full well what he has done, I cant imagine he believes his behavior was just right.
My son said that the few times he saw WH, ow was not there and son never asked about her nor WH brought her up. However, son thinks they are still together. Also son says WH is happy and son can tell WH does not feel bad about his actions. Son confessed to me today that he does not enjoy spending time with WH and that he does not insist in seeing him unless WH asks him to.....
Nice...and they used to love being together....
Blessing

atena
A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I know I have been posting lots these days...so please bear with me!!!!

With my son being here wounds are open again. This is my son's first summer where his parents are no longer together.

He is going thru this for the first time. All the summers we had before we spent them as a family.

Yesterday my son had told me he might have to meet his dad, but at the end of the day it did not happen.

We later went out for ice cream and saw OW and her smaller son walking near the ice cream place.

Both my son and I know that OW's XH does not want WH to be in contact with his kid, thus we knew WH could have not spent the day with OW since she had her son with her.
My son then started wondering why his dad did not contact him since he must have been free of OW.

Well at that point I had to put in my 2 cents and say that probably "your dad is busy with other people, including possibly other women." My son did not like this comment, but agreed that his father's choice to spend time with current (neighbor) OW was a horrible choice.

He added that he really cannot understand why he prefers to dedicate time to her instead of us. she is not even attractive and that she must be a horrible person.

He also commented that he is puzzled this A is lasting so long....
Again...I put in my 2 cents and told him that MAYBE the reason it is lasting so long is because WH is living on his own, having his independent life, wants nothing to do with OW's kids (OW's XH not wanting him to is just an excuse...as nothing stops a WS from moving in with OW...it is done all the time!!)

All of the above probably allow WH to have other "adventures" with other people without commitment.
Son does not seem to like to hear this, and I know I should not talk about WH with him, but in a way I am trying to make him see what kind of person his dad his.

Maybe that will help him understand why his dad is acting like a teen...rather than like a 50 year old....

In a way I am trying to not give so much importance on current OW, I am trying to show my son that it is not so much about her but about my WH's desire to be free to do as he pleases including having adventures with many women.

OW is just the money in the bank..the person he leans on for practical matters (car rides, sex, company) when WH finds nothing better around....
MrRollieEyes Am I wrong to say those things>>>????
Blessing

Last edited by atena; 08/28/11 08:15 AM.

atena
A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Bump...

atena
M
M
Originally Posted by atena
He also commented that he is puzzled this A is lasting so long....
Again...I put in my 2 cents and told him that MAYBE the reason it is lasting so long is because WH is living on his own, having his independent life, wants nothing to do with OW's kids (OW's XH not wanting him to is just an excuse...as nothing stops a WS from moving in with OW...it is done all the time!!)

You and I have discussed this before and I really think you are right. I bet he is cheating on the OW. We knew he wouldn't be "faithful" to her anymore than he was to you. That is not his nature. Like you said, he wants to live the independent lifestyle and play around.

I think when you speak to your son, you might want to stick to how your H's actions affect you instead of making judgements. That seems to really upset him and you don't want to push your son away.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi Melody, yes you are right, I practically told my son that his dad is a male version of a wh@r*.
I also told my son that if I met OW alone on the street one day I would beat her up. My son was puzzled to hear that from me as it is out of character, but seeing her with her brat just infuriated me.
It also infuriated me to see how disturbing her presence is to my son.
I am proud of myself for never letting my son stay in the house I sold. I bent over backwards when he came to visit me to find a different place for us to stay and keep him away from her and the filth she threw in our lives.
I just hate her and couldn't help making that comment....
thank you
blessing

atena
Page 51 of 51 1 2 49 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation