Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 29 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 28 29
C
C
Originally Posted by TexasTwoStep
CV,

Thanks for your support and encouragement. I have a question for Grace, if you could pass this along. I haven't figured out how to copy and paste to a specific person. Here it is... "What was the one thing she remembers you did that helped her get over her addiction of the OM#2?".

The reason I am asking, I have tried everything i can think of....she is still having withdrawals and deep emotional pain.

I've started the book. I also picked up, HNHN from a friend. Can't wait to read them both together.

I really like hnhn. Probably my favorite of the 3 I have. (LB and SAA along with it).

I'll ask her to post something.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
T
OP Offline
T
I don't know how to explain the way I felt this morning when I woke up. Feeling lost, like nothing is working, like giving up and just moving on.....it is not the pain of DDay, not the fear of loseing family, not anxiety, it is different. Am I expecting too much too fast? Why does it seem as though nothing I've done seems to break the fog she is in? Everyone is giving me advice....some say stay and work, others say leave.....exposure has not brought the quick end or resolution I expected.

I ask myself, "How long can I go on like this?".... I'm reading others threads, there seems to be no rhyme or reason.... 2 years is a long time. Is the 2 year window a full recovery? What does recovery even look like in the beginning??

I have to remind myself to say ILY even if she doesn't respond. She told me she felt smothered, then felt neglected... WTH, can't win.

I could just be rambling, could be my AD meds wearing off or kicking in....?? Who knows??

Me (BH): 42
Her (WS): 39
Married 19 yrs
DD: 16, DD: 11, DD: 7
D-Day: 7-5-2011, Caught searching 10-15-2012
M
M
Tex:

I hate to say this again as we have been saying this for a while.

I dont think you killed the affair dead with a napalm-like exposure bombing. If your first attempt at exposure hasnt achieved the results most get, then your WW is in deep, and perhaps a stronger statement should be made.

If you feel like you cant do anymore, then your current feelings are accurate to the situation.

I really dont think youve read the book SAA. It lays out how to proceed when the fog is not lifting on your WS. Youre not following the plans as I see them.

Life keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the fuuuu-ture.
T
T
WOW TTS try to stay calm your time line is much like mine, this time. As impossible as it sounds try to relax....nothing in life is pressing, relax....you are only in controll of you so attempt to get control, of yourself of your feelings....It is not hopeless even when it seems hopeless.....2 years seems like a long time but it really is not. we are only 40, breath and relax. my advice if you have any time is read read read.....my best reading has been pepperband old posts under mopey.....lets you know you are in a normal state of mind also saw a great post by star*fish which i cant find anymore//// it was about a goat!!!! oh how true.
somthered/ neglected its all bs, and you are not really trying to win.
work on getting yourself to a happy place, you are the only one you can change.....RIGHT
anything is possible, remember that, and you will be better off in the end,,, no matter what the end brings... concentrate on the DD's
And know we are all here for you, even the lurkers, like me smile

Me: BH 40
WW 39
S13, D9
Married 15 yrs together 19!!!
D Day July 11,2011
WW in P.A. with OW
WW wants D
Almost done
Former Tryingtofeelgood
M
M
She says she doesn't know why she asked for SF from OM, and is now confused and back to saying she doesn't like sex.
Consider that she may have asked him for sex because she sensed it was a need of his. Kind of like a large deposit to his Love Bank. Remember, in the early stages of a relationship, the Giver is in the lead and wants to do everything they can to give to the other person.

Dr. Harley, emphasis mine:
The Giver is the part of you that follows the rule: do whatever you can to make the other person happy and avoid anything that makes the other person unhappy, even if it makes you unhappy.

SF isn't a top EN of your WW. But because her Giver was in full swing and anxious to make as many deposits as possible into OM's Love Bank, she offered that. You can bet that, had the worst scenario happened and she left you for OM, the time would come when she would be refusing to have sex with him because she 'doesn't like it'.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

C
C
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
SF isn't a top EN of your WW. But because her Giver was in full swing and anxious to make as many deposits as possible into OM's Love Bank, she offered that. You can bet that, had the worst scenario happened and she left you for OM, the time would come when she would be refusing to have sex with him because she 'doesn't like it'.

MB's comments struck true with me. One of the benefits (yes there are a few) of knowing every detail imaginable is that you can fairly accurately predict things like this. In our case, OM and W were headed that direction. Worst case scenario. Resentment was building because OM was asking for sex more and more and it really wasn't on W's radar. Shew wanted other things. SF was the tool.

It *IS* hard. We didn't see a big turnaround in some areas until year three as far as clear solid recovery. There were areas where we both improved, but hitting a solid spot hit just this year.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
C
C
BTW, Grace will probably respond tonight to your question. last night got real busy.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks everyone. MSS, I don't know if you are helping or pouring salt on my wound. I want to say you are the most abrupt. I am reading, I am following the plan and I am learning along the way. I've only been here ( MB ) for a month, and the first 2 weeks I was wadding in slowly. I've jumped in the deep end now. Sometimes we all need a life preserver to stay above water. This place is that for me.

TTFG and MB, thanks for the encouragement. I am working on me. It's me that seems to be the most screwed up this week. 2 years seems like a long time, but I know in 2 years, it will feel like it flew by. My oldest DD will be a senior or in college b4 we hit the recovered stage.

CV,
You and I could become long time friends here.....I love your post. I know I will never fully be able to wrap my mind around the "why", but having you and others explain the motivation helps. Dates still work as triggers, and mid-month will be hard for some time. Both PA events happened mid month.

Trying to stay positive!!!

Married 19 yrs
C
C
CV,
You and I could become long time friends here.....I love your post. I know I will never fully be able to wrap my mind around the "why", but having you and others explain the motivation helps. Dates still work as triggers, and mid-month will be hard for some time. Both PA events happened mid month.

Trying to stay positive!!!

Ditto! Most waywards never really know why either! They know needs are there, they know OP met them, they even know they screwed the pooch a lot of the time, but the reasoning as to why they let boundaries down... I dunno. seems that that is the one question I want answered when I get to see God.

Dates are tough. last week was the 4 year mark for when OM2 and W started. I prepared weeks ahead of time to not be triggered. It is a daily battle at the beginning and it DOES get easier.

Work hard, pray hard, tex!

CV

PS. and just take some time to relax. You know... so you don't kill yourself with the stress and work of it all. Total veg out. Read a comic or something.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
C
C
I know I will never fully be able to wrap my mind around the "why", but having you and others explain the motivation helps.

Just a little humor on this...

My oldest son (he's 20) has just recently talked to me about this. He refers to it as the "erp-a-derp factor". Where the brain cells go into stasis and the WWS enters the special Olympics of relationships.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
T
T
Cv

LMFAO

Tell him that he is wise beyond his years...

WW 39
S13, D9
D Day July 11,2011
WW in P.A. with OW
WW wants D
Almost done
Former Tryingtofeelgood
M
M
Tex:

No intention to ruin your mojo.

Ill stand down from posting if Im coming off negative.

The tough love I got from others directed me greatly when I was lingering in bad thoughts, not doing what they told me to do, and generally going against all the MB dictates.

Good luck to you and your family.

Mike

Life keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the fuuuu-ture.
T
OP Offline
T
MSS,

I will need a slap in the face from time to time. Thanks for taking time to be the one with the hand for it. Working through a tough week. Didn't mean to make you out as a bad guy, we all have been through hell, some can still feel the flames and smell the smoke.

Married 19 yrs
T
OP Offline
T
She just texted me saying she is pealing back her emotions like an onion, and that she feels nothing.....nothing at all. Says she would like to crawl into a hole.... I told her I have felt nothing from her for 2 months and asked if we could crawl into the same hole..... wink

I have done everything I know to do to show her I Love her and want to work this mess into a recovered and better marriage. I asked for a sign that all my efforts have not been for nothing... I would have taken an "I Love You" .... I got silence. She later texted and said the silence was not a sign of something bad,must that boss came in and meetings were called.... I don't know what to think. How can she not see I Love Her....?

Is her fog just too thick??

I need to get her to this site. I hope she will join me here. Should I have her read my thread first?

Married 19 yrs
C
C
I need to get her to this site. I hope she will join me here. Should I have her read my thread first?

Nope! Have her just come and start a thread. She will come across yours soon enough.

BTW. HOW committed is she to MB?

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
G
G
CV,

Thanks for your support and encouragement. I have a question for Grace, if you could pass this along. I haven't figured out how to copy and paste to a specific person. Here it is... "What was the one thing she remembers you did that helped her get over her addiction of the OM#2?".

Hey Tex, I'm sorry you're having such a difficult week. You want to know what one thing CV did that really changed how I saw everything...

I was in our bedroom and CV called me into the bathroom. He took me by the hand and started talking to me about how everything I had done was dirty and how it made me dirty. He undressed me and put me in the shower...I was scared, but he picked up the soap and a washcloth and began to wash me from from head to toe. As he did that he told me that he was washing all the grime away, all the filth and disgust was going down the drain. He said, "from now on when I look at you I will chose to see you as clean and pure, like the girl I married". I just stood there and cried while CV washed me. I understood his love for me for the first time and I understood Christ's love for me for the first time as well. That shower changed my life.

It was the beginning of me seeing myself differently. I wanted to love like that...I wanted to love him like that.

Well, that's it. I know it may sound silly or trite to some, but I will hold this in my heart for eternity.

Me...saved by grace
Him...wonderful husband
Us...3 years in to our new life and better every day!
and we have 3 great kids (20,19,17)

Eph. 5:22-33
T
T
Not trite but beautiful

WW 39
S13, D9
D Day July 11,2011
WW in P.A. with OW
WW wants D
Almost done
Former Tryingtofeelgood
T
OP Offline
T
I'm with you TTFG,

It sounds like the most beautiful act of love he could have possibly done.

Married 19 yrs
T
OP Offline
T
Ugly day today.....

In a conversation, she said she would like to live in a sexless marriage, but knows I won't stay for that. Says she doesn't want sex from me.

I said this, what if I told you I didn't like Prime Rib, and you loved Prime Rib. I would go have prime rib with you and would remind you every time you asked that I didn't like Prime Rib. One day you find out I have been eating Prime Rib at lunch with someone else. How would you feel? Would you believe it was the prime rib or the company I didn't like?

She says, "I liked sex with him, and I don't know why."

I feel like another bomb just went off, she says she loves me....Apologized for being mean, says didn't know why she said that, and that her anger got the best of her.

One dark day in a list of dark moments.

Married 19 yrs
T
T
Oh tex I have heard that one too......
She also says she can never love me the way i need to be loved
All garbage
I love your analogy to prime rib.....
How the heck do you think on your feet like that....I still just crumble or get angry
I have to keep thinking that the mean things she says, will come back to haunt her in the future....
Keep tellin her how much she means to you
I try to keep tellin myself all days are good days some are just better than others.
at least that is what i try to believe

I do have more colorfull things I could say....afraid i would get blasted for it.
Keep riding the bus smile

WW 39
S13, D9
D Day July 11,2011
WW in P.A. with OW
WW wants D
Almost done
Former Tryingtofeelgood
Page 11 of 29 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 624 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation