Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 47 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 46 47
M
OP Offline
M
Thank you, lord. I just got the pic and my daughter has on nothing but her panties. No tshirt. No gown. Nothing. And I have the proof.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
DDay - Early November 2010
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

1 Corinthians 13:7: (LOVE) Beareth all things, believeth all things, HOPETH all things, endureth all things.
N
N
God is good!!!!!!!!!

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
Originally Posted by Neak
God is good!!!!!!!!!

All the time.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
OP Offline
M
Btw, the pic has already been forwarded to my lawyer.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

1 Corinthians 13:7: (LOVE) Beareth all things, believeth all things, HOPETH all things, endureth all things.
M
OP Offline
M
Lawyer responded to the pic and all of the proof given about WW's adulterous activities very negatively. Since ww's profile is private and can only be seen by friends, its not public. And because of the action of my daughter in the pic, it didn't seem to be posted for the purpose of exploitation.

Also, he stated that legally, all the adulterous proof and morality concerns would do no one any good in court. We are a no fault state and that stuff doesnt matter in court. I just have to bring it to the GAL's attention. They stated that I should concentrate on the task of getting custody &/or more time with daughter and nothing else.

That's what the heck I'm doing. Uggghhhhh!!!!

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

M
M
Since ww's profile is private and can only be seen by friends, its not public. And because of the action of my daughter in the pic, it didn't seem to be posted for the purpose of exploitation.
Here's the thing, though: your DD's pic can be copied and pasted to anywhere on the internet. There is no such thing as complete and total privacy on facebook. Your WW has absolutely no business posting a pic of your DD in a partially nude photo! Absolutely, that pic can be exploited!

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
OP Offline
M
I really just want to cry....I CAN'T WIN!!!!

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

L
L
MB has a great point.

She cannot control the actions of her "friends" on facebook.
They could copy and paste that picture ANYWHERE.

M
M
I'm sorry to upset you, Mark, but I thought you should know that. Is there some way you can get her to delete that pic?

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
I'm sorry to upset you, Mark, but I thought you should know that. Is there some way you can get her to delete that pic?

MB,

Your post didn't upset me. I'm just upset with the prospect of my daughter being raised full-time by her mother who has abandoned her marital vow, abandoned her vow to raise our daughter in a Christian home with biblical teaching, who has sent nude photos of herself to several men, who has been unfaithful to me, who is teaching our daughter that life is about pursuing selfish endeavors, who has put another man or men in front of DD and she still is married, who put a basically naked picture of our daughter on facebook.

That's what upset me. I've done all I can. My only hope seems to be the GAL but even that doesnt seem promising.

It is really and truly all in God's hands. Please pray for me. It hasnt been a good day.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

I
I
Hi Mark

Theres no harm in trying a good old game of bluff in a situation such as this, imo.

Contact ww and give her a good scare.

Dear WW

I am seriously displeased with your actions in posting a picture of our DD online in her underwear. Others have also contacted me due to their shock at seeing this picture in such a public place. I do not think you have considered how easy it is for predators to access FB and also any of your x number (include if a high number) of friends and anyone with access to their accounts can now copy and reproduce this picture. It may already have gone viral across the net.

Because I am a nice guy I would like to resolve this amicably between ourselves. However if the picture is not taken down immediately I will be taking action and informing the authorities.

I will be contacting my lawyer regarding the effect your actions will have on custody. I also plan to inform child protection police officers that you are making my daughter's image availiable to abusers and ask them to investigate both you and the OM. I will also request social services (I dont know what the US equivalent is!) investigate the suitability of the home environment which is being provided to my daughter, where she is being advertised to internet abusers.

I shall also ask our DD's school to keep a more careful watch on her because her mother has foolishly made her identity and image so publicly available.

If you are willing to take it down however, I will assume that it was simply an innocent mistake and leave it at that.

Mark

-------------------------------

It is just easier for her to take it down than to find out whether or not you are bluffing. Plus, as you have discovered, lawyers are lazy, so if she consults hers he will prob tell her to take it down to be on the safe side so that he doesnt have to do anything about it.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

I
I
Actually, even if her lawyer says 'Its nothing to worry about'
She will think you must have a better lawyer than hers because your letter sounds so confident!!!

In fact, if she calls you with any nonsense of that kind say.

'My lawyer is better than yours. Dont make me call him and tell him we need to proceed, because I will. Just take the picture down and we dont have a problem.'

There is nothing for her to gain by calling your bluff either so it should be easy to shoot down.

C
C
He can't unless he does it through his lawyer. He has an RO on him.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
I
I
Ah.

damn thats frustrating.

C
C
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Ah.

damn thats frustrating.

I don't want to post his updates for him, but she's fighting against compliance with the judge's orders as well. Bickering with his lawyer.

If I heard right, the lawyer is threatening to file contempt of the judge's order if she doesn't begin complying.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
OP Offline
M
First of all, she doesn't have a lawyer. It seems she is either confident things will go her way or she can't afford one. So far, it would seem things are going her way since her actions don't have any "legal" ramifications.

She has been pretty stern and unwilling to budge with my lawyers in their attempts to negotiate with her. The paralegal who did the talking after consulting with the lawyer actually told my my wife is lost. I wouldve never thought that. LOL

They said it almost seems like she may eventually make my case for me. She's already gotten on the judge's bad side for telling him I would t respond to her numerous attempts at contact. He got mad because SHE filed the protective order.

Legal counsel plans to play hardball with her now that they see what they're dealing with. And she's a social worker. Thats what's so surprising about how she's acting. Or maybe it's not...she is a wayward.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

I
I
Originally Posted by marksaysay
First of all, she doesn't have a lawyer. It seems she is either confident things will go her way or she can't afford one.

This seems to be popular with waywards.

Originally Posted by marksaysay
And she's a social worker. Thats what's so surprising about how she's acting. Or maybe it's not...she is a wayward.

WOW. Its like the disease makes them do exactly what they know they should not.

I wonder if wayward policemen break the law, wayward accountants dont do their taxes, wayward reporters stop knowing how to spell and wayward cooks start having cereal for dinner

M
M
Please pray for me. It hasnt been a good day.
I'm so sorry, mark. I'm sending up a prayer for you.

D-Day 2-10-2009

W
W
Personally, I would report this to Children's Services. And I'd be talking to some other lawyers to see if they might be more aggressive about this. The thought of those pics make me sick. Too many red flags.

M
M
Originally Posted by Wonderingif
Personally, I would report this to Children's Services. And I'd be talking to some other lawyers to see if they might be more aggressive about this. The thought of those pics make me sick. Too many red flags.
Agree about the attorney. Mark, your attorney needs to understand the danger of a child's semi-nude photo appearing on a 'private' FB account. That is outrageous, egregious and absolutely unacceptable. If he doesn't 'get' that, you need to spend your hard-earned bucks on another attorney. Tell him that. HE works for YOU.

I don't think your WW is intentionally exploiting your DD, but I DO think her moral compass is so skewed that she has lost sight of protecting her children - especially on the internet.

D-Day 2-10-2009

Page 23 of 47 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 935 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation