Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 69 of 76 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 75 76
P
P
Holy, I am so sorry for you and your family that things turned out the way they did. He has no clue and believe it or not he is paying the higher price (although your price was pretty high). I have no doubt which parent your children will turn to when they need strength. Their momma's one strong woman. You have truly survived. As for the 2-yr statistic, that a general rule you know, not set in stone. Ive seen them end sooner and way later, as in your case.

Be happy my friend! May God richly bless you and yours.

P.S. you should write a book!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
I really think the only reason it lasted four years was because she was using his money as an IV.

Remember her pattern is to get a man with deep pockets, rack up more debt, go into bankruptcy, and then move on ...

She accomplished the same exact thing with this man. She is a total predator.

Her next victim ... it will be truly tragic. Also she is approaching 40, so she will need to really hook a good one this time. The last two men before D!ck was when she was in her early thirties. Now that she is aging, she won't be so wanted.

I wouldn't be surprised if she is currently having some work done cosmetically. She needs the next guy to have way deeper pockets.

P
P
I agree, she wants money and she doesn't care how she does it. She better watch it because the next one might have a wife who goes nuts and get her. When they run out of money she goes on to the next one.

Still praying.

BW-me 47yrs
WH-him 50yrs
married 24yrs, together 25 yrs,DD 25yrs, DD 22yrs(granddaughter born 3/14/2012).
D-Day#1 discovered cell phone calls 6/30/2009
D-Day#2 7/26/2009
Plan D 06/2012/WH served 8/17/12
WH left 7/25/2009/WH moved in with OW 7/29/2009
Trying to reconcile 12/30/2009/left 10/22/2010
2nd OW 8/2011? and living in Idaho.
"Dochas" Gaelic for hope which I have with me at all times because it is tattooed on my lower back.
B
B
I am so glad to see HH strength in this sad development. (sad for everyone.. I agree HH when she says "there are no winners here".)

This is a great example about plan B and MB working to protect the BS. This is a another ridiculous turn in a ridiculous, sad story, but HH has survived and done well by her DD's.

I wish that if I had such a miserable state of events happen to me, that I could lead by example (for my DD's) as well.

That is amazing.

I hope D)ck does not hurt himself, that would be an even more tragic ending. What a mess.

Praying for you....

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
C
C
Well, this certainly lasted a lot longer than we all thought it would, but there was no doubt that it would blow up at some point. There were just far too many forces going against it.

When the money dries up though, that's for sure the end. He has nothing to offer her now. Where she used to see a cash cow, she now sees a leech. And a pathetic, depressed, broken on at that. He must be a real drag to be around.

So no more Vegas, no more Tiffany, no more Nordstrom, and on and on. But hey, maybe she will get to keep the new car. She knows this gig so probably had it put in her name.

D!ck is in a very bad place. I suspect his anger towards you will escalate for the near future. It won't sink into him that he is to blame for a long time. Addicts always blame everyone else. There will be a long hard road to recovery for him. Very sad.

HH, you have been a real role model. You got out of his mess and took care of you and your family, and now you have the good life. I am very proud of you!

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
P
P
HH, you are doing great. You willbe fine and it looks like your WH won't be. Eventually he is going to look back and regret everything he has ever done. Now he has lost everything. My WH lost everything 2 1/2 years ago and still continues to go down hill. I, on the other hand am doing fine. It is not easy but we will make it and come out on top with our WH's living in a hole wondering how they got there. Keep it up.

Still praying.

BW-me 47yrs
WH-him 50yrs
married 24yrs, together 25 yrs,DD 25yrs, DD 22yrs(granddaughter born 3/14/2012).
D-Day#1 discovered cell phone calls 6/30/2009
D-Day#2 7/26/2009
Plan D 06/2012/WH served 8/17/12
WH left 7/25/2009/WH moved in with OW 7/29/2009
Trying to reconcile 12/30/2009/left 10/22/2010
2nd OW 8/2011? and living in Idaho.
"Dochas" Gaelic for hope which I have with me at all times because it is tattooed on my lower back.
B
B
<<Holyheart>> prayers to you and your family.

H
OP Offline
H
Thanks for all the prayers and blessing. MB folks are the best!!

I got a text from D!ck yesterday, and he's still trying to call all the shots telling me to bring my pay stub to court next week, saying he'd be calling my attorney and -- and he's going to be representing himself.

Crazy him as his own attorney. Likely only because he owes money to 3 attornies at the moment. And to me -- and the credit card companies. He really should get a second job to 1) earn extra cash, 2) keep himself busy and out of trouble, and 3) learn some humility.

Just so you know -- reconciliation is NOT on the table. Not even close. Of course, I'd love to hear how wrong he was about Bimbo and how good he had it with me, but it ain't gonna happen. I know this because D!ck is as stubborn as they come. I know -- miracles happen everyday, and pride comes before the fall. I believe it, and boy oh boy is he ever full of pride! But in my situation, he is not going that route unless something major happens.

And I do not know if he and Bimbo are together or not. It doesn't matter to me. Him with her or someone else or single. I just pray that his heart turns toward our kids and his parents. Before it's too late for someone.

I'll keep you posted. You guys stuck with me through thick and thin. I owe you an ending to this novel.

P
P
Holy, that is too funny. Let him call your attorney which is what he should do if he's going pro se now. I hope he does and I hope your attorney reads him the riot act for attempting to communicate directly with HIS client. That's a big ethical no-no for attorney misconduct, your attorney is there to protect your best interest. Your WH is your adversary. Refer any further breaches to the judge who can even order sanctions. He only gets to bagger yoiu the witness on the witness stand where there are RULES he has to abide by even more than you!

Even funnier when he has to defend his position about certain issues. But the real fun begins when it's turn to interrogate him,

Better bring a small mayo bottle with you to court he's gomna need it when the judge is done with him. He will need it to carry home one of those things to preserve what was once called his balls.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
K
K
D!ck, his own lawyer?

I'd be a little ready if you get put on the stand. He may get very, very savage.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
J
J
You know what they say: "A man who acts as his own attorney has a fool for a client."

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

K
K
I look forward to seeing the judge nail his @$$ to the wall.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
C
C
Originally Posted by karmasrose
I look forward to seeing the judge nail his @$$ to the wall.
rotflmao
Aah, I needed to read about a current WH getting his just deserts. But I do feel for you HH. As much as us Plan B'ers want the karma bus to hit, I imagine it must cause conflicting emotions when it happens to your own WS.

Glad you and DD's sound well.

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
H
OP Offline
H
Just want to report that my intuition is right. Sis did a drive by of Bimbo's house and D!ck's truck was parked in the driveway. Bimbo's just trying to play harda$$ to push him to finish me off. I can play that game too.Cou rt is Thursday and I'm pushing my attorney to attack. Art of War indeed!!!

M
M
They are both so sick together. They feed off each other, and the drama is what is the glue.

I wouldn't put it past her to be on the prowl. She needs money. She needs someone to take care of her. He has no money, and will be poor for many many years.

It will likely bounce back and forth a couple more times. Maybe she just wants an expensive Christmas gift, and once the Holidays are over she will dump him for good.

T
T
HH,

When I read this thread I become thankful my WXW only went "nuts." Your WH's gone downright "batsh*t."

TE

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
H
OP Offline
H
D!ck is indeed representing himself. The judge let him know that he now HAS to deal directly with my attorney who he hates. We had a woman judge for the first time who seemed to see right through D!ck's ploys. She commented that this is the longest bankruptcy she's ever seen and that D!ck has to follow the protocol to request documents from me. She stopped him in his tracks when he complained to her about not getting my pay stubs so we'll see what happens.

C
C
This is gonna be like car-crash television. I'm going to keep following HH, with some sort of morbid fascination about just how "batsh*t" your WH is going.

Good luck to you, we're cheering for ya.

Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

Plan B has set me free.

H
H
Just got text from HH from D!ck.

Ready for a 4 way. Or u want to call off being divorced all together???

4 way = atty, HH, D!ck and his sleazy acct friend who by the way can't represent him.

And call off the D????

HH told me to post since she was unable.

So after declaring undying love for Bimbo, who by the way is out of state cheering on football game with 2 divorced single women looking for her next victim, is asking HH if she wants to call off the D.

We always want a timeline for this, when will they come back? a week, a month a year...and here is this wayward 3 years later questioning the D because Bimbo is going out of the picture.

HH will update how she responded. more to follow...

Karma bus has hit.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
C
C
Originally Posted by hope3343
Karma bus has hit.
hurray

But is it too late for HH?

And no mention of meeting Plan B conditions from D!ck... HH is NOT the fall back. He needs to be crawling on his knees, and a text just doesn't cut it IMO. Still wayward...

Plan B has set me free.

Page 69 of 76 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 716 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation