Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
E
erika07 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I know that some of you were only trying to help me see that divorce is not the end and that I will thrive and be okay.

The deal is, ever since I got the D papers in the mail, I feel like I have been back-tracking...losing some of the progress I have made in my personal R so far. I find myself angry, depressed, and just wanting this crazy ride to stop! Before, I was doing fine, making progress steadily. It is this D that is taking its toll on me. I am going back to having more frequent ups and downs regarding all of this.

BS-me
1 child

Matthew 5:44 (CEV)
"But I tell you to love your enemies and pray for anyone who mistreats you"
E
erika07 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Sweetie, I know you want your husband back. I know how much you are hurting. But the truth of the matter is that this is out of your hands now. God's got the wheel. Let Him drive and stop giving Him directions. He knows where He's going.

If you can stop trying to control this outcome and let God do what He needs to do I think you'll experience less stress.

Thank you...this wasn't easy to hear. Actually, I was brought to tears.

I go back and forth between things. Some days, I am like I was when I posted earlier...completely drained and wondering "why" and all of that, and grieving over my dreams for what I thought was going to be my future.

On the other hand, I know the reality, but I still want to stand for my marriage. However, I will not lie, not being married to WH will be freeing, and I will make moves to better things for myself and begin to pursue my own goals.

Its just a whole lot of back and forth.

BS-me
1 child

J
J
Welcome to the Teeter Totter Club, Erika!

Hang in there.

Peace.

C
C
Hugs to you Erika. I am following this thread as I prepare myself for a divorce not of my choosing. There is something that stands out about you.. you will make it. You will thrive.

And the other poster's response to this thread. I have to say it.. WOW. So many posts have really struck a chord with me. All of your words give strength. Those still fighting, and those who have accepted they fought with determination but it wasn't meant to be. You have all thrived regardless. Thank-you.

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
M
M
Thank you...this wasn't easy to hear. Actually, I was brought to tears.
Come here and let me give you a hug hug

You are stronger than you know, erika. Hang in there and stay with us. We'll help you all we can.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

S
S
Erica,
I am so sorry you are going thru this; it is painful but you will and can survive. I am but barely surviving. My Ex husband was a sex addict and still is . I refuse to accept it and tried to get him to get help. I was tactful,creid to him, and no big screaming about it. I think he misses me sometimes but he has moved on and has another woman and moving to Flordia.

You can survive this and if god does nt put you and your husbadn back togtehr there was a reason. Let it go and eventually you will find someone that will love you and make a GREAT marriage partner. Decide if you want to get another hubby or wait a while but do what is best for you, ok?

God is not punishing you, it is just people get bored with life and their mates instead of sticking it out. Most people do not know how to be real life partners.

Hang in there and pray a lot it does help.

Sable Venuse

Divorced, newly married again less than 5 years, both of us Christians, 2 small children
P
P
SV, Erika is not even divorced yet and the last thing you should be advising is for her to start thinking about a new husband. Have you read this whole thread? Ate you familiar with the MB plans? It's okay to encourage someone but telling a BW to move on and look for a new husband this soon is not MB advice.

/TJ

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
T
T
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Just making this right .....

Originally Posted by erika07
I found out very recently that due to my exposure WH's adultery, WH is being punished, and has had a reduction in rank.

This is my normal response to the Grammar Gestapo: rant2 doh2

However in this case this was a grammar lesson worth the effort to learn. MrRollieEyes

At least I make myself laugh rotflmao

P
P
Originally Posted by TheRoad
At least I make myself laugh rotflmao

Happy New Year (idjut) rotflmao

E
erika07 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Yes, I need the smiley that smacks itself...lol blush

Definitely worth the lesson though!
I welcome all of them smile

BS-me
1 child

M
M
Erika,

Just wanted to stop.by and see how you're doing.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
DDay - Early November 2010
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

1 Corinthians 13:7: (LOVE) Beareth all things, believeth all things, HOPETH all things, endureth all things.
E
erika07 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Hi,
I'm hanging in there. D won't be final for another few months. In the meantime, I don't have any real exciting news to add, I'm just getting things in order for DD & I.

I will say that I am making plans to move forward, well, back home. I actually look forward to these changes.

I'm making decent progress in my personal R, even though I do have my days...of course I only have high hopes for myself. Thanks for asking. I hope you are doing well also.

Last edited by erika07; 01/18/12 11:12 PM.

BS-me
1 child

M
M
I'm not doing too bad. I started learning New Testament Greek this week to help me better understand the bible. Its going pretty well, too.

Other than that, I am still committed to "stand", divorced or not.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

1 Corinthians 13:7: (LOVE) Beareth all things, believeth all things, HOPETH all things, endureth all things.
E
erika07 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by marksaysay
Other than that, I am still committed to "stand", divorced or not.

This is an honorable thing to do. I did some research on this, and it indeed seems to be one of the hardest things to do for anyone.

For me, I haven't given up all hope per se, but I am actually letting go. What I do now is I continually pray for WH. This is what I need to do. For myself, I am working on changing and moving on from this horrible situation. I feel that this entire situation just snowballed out of control.

The hardest thing for me to let go of was letting my dream die. See, I never thought my WH would think of hurting me on this way, or any way for that matter. WH & I were the couple that everyone had faith in. We were "it".

Our personal story goes deep, and hindsight is always 20/20.
I wouldn't cinsider myself a true stander, since I am letting go of a lot, but hope is not completely dead with me.

BS-me
1 child

E
erika07 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I have to add that I do have great respect for those that are true standers. It is such an incredibly difficult thing to do. I continue to hold out hope that WH can change, as long as he A) has the desire to do so and B) will do the hard work to change.

I know that I need to let go, and I am doing this. I have stopped holding on so desparately. I do love WH, you can't spend nearly 10 years of your youth and adult life with someone and not have these feelings, of course. WH just is not the same man that I knew even three years ago. I am seeing him for who he is, and to be honest, it still pains me to uncover my eyes completely. I would never entertain being with someone like him, even for a casual date. Who he is today is not good for anyone, and that includes himself.

I feel like I am one of those BS's that is running out of steam. However, hope has not died. It is more like I put all of this on the backburner. For me, this is what is best. This way I can get on with my life.

As for myself, I am taking care of me. I have volunteered to work with some elementary aged kids and I do get out and about with friends. I also have my bright eyed DD to keep me going.

BS-me
1 child

M
M
Originally Posted by erika07
This is an honorable thing to do. I did some research on this, and it indeed seems to be one of the hardest things to do for anyone.

Hard is an understatement! Since I started way back in March or April, I didn't think the D would happen and I was simply going to just wait until she finally woke up. Well, she hasn't and seems to be on a whole different planet. Her step-mom (who's been in her life since she was 2) saw her at Christmas and said she doesn't recognize that woman and couldn't stand to be around her. That's just how different she is.

Anyway, the D is final and I've had temptations prior to and since from women. And it seems like they come from everywhere. In spite of it, I haven't given in and I stay committed.

I have also "let go". But letting go doesn't mean finding someone else. I've let go of my desire to control the situation. I've let go of trying to fix this. I've let go of much of the hurt and pain that has been involved. I'm moving in a better direction for me but I still hope (see my sig). if I knew what would happen or that there would be guaranteed reconciliation, it wouldn't be faith, would it???

Whatever you decide to do, to stand or not, we all understand. And, no, I don't think "standing" is for just anybody. If you are on the fence still about it, see the link below. It may help you come to a decision.

http://marriagewalk.com/what-it-means-to-stand/

God bless!!!

Last edited by marksaysay; 01/21/12 12:14 PM.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

E
erika07 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I have also "let go". But letting go doesn't mean finding someone else. I've let go of my desire to control the situation. I've let go of trying to fix this. I've let go of much of the hurt and pain that has been involved. I'm moving in a better direction for me but I still hope (see my sig). if I knew what would happen or that there would be guaranteed reconciliation, it wouldn't be faith, would it???

See, this is what I am learning. Letting go of everything is necessary. I am starting to get that I need to relinquish control of this situation, and give it all to God. This was very hard for me, and I went back and forth, because in my mind, I thought letting go meant letting everything die. I struggled with this for a few weeks. It felt so good to just relinquish it all, but I felt incredible guilt. Weird, I know. I just felt like I was giving up if I still didn't hold on in one way or another.

Whatever you decide to do, to stand or not, we all understand. And, no, I don't think "standing" is for just anybody.
Absolutely true.

BS-me
1 child

G
GJM Offline
G
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman
Originally Posted by itistoughlove
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
If your husband wanted to reconcile, not exposure, nothing would stop him. He is just using that as an excuse. Dr Harley addressed this on yesterdays radio show. He said if exposure supposedly killed your marriage, it was already too far gone and you weren't going to reconcile anyway.

ML - What time did Dr. Harley say this in yesterday's radio broadcast, I don't remember hearing it?

I think it was the first thing...GJMs question....but it was for sure yesterday. I listened to it.

Exposure doesn't cause the divorce. If they divorce, then they would have divorced regardless.

I know it was on a Friday because it played all weekend.

Me: BH 36
Her: WW 34
Kids: D 14, S 12, S 9
DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
Filed for D 10/2011-Papers Served 11/2011
Divorce final May 24, 2012
My Story

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 730 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation