Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 72 of 89 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 88 89
M
M
In a supreme irony for this "rant thread," I'm pretty sure Hightower would classify a rant as a war story.

Another reason I can't cast stones...

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
V
V
Originally Posted by Scotland
Oh and FTR, I actually work at the return desk of a MAJOR retailer. I get my fair share of "joyous" customers. And every single one of them are greeted with a smile, and told to have a good day, even if I don't want to do it, because it's my JOB.

I handle escalated billing issues for a major insurer. Sometimes I have to talk to customers, it is not the highlight of my day. Many of them are respectful, kind, and calm. The others behave other ways and I have no desire to actually help them get what they want. But, I still have to help them.

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
S
S
NG, you believe that her pointing out your body language was INSULTING to you? Then you did WHAT? You took it more than one step HIGHER. DO I think that she did the right thing? No. Are you certain that she wasn't trying to diffuse your anger by making a joke?

I have been a cashier with a ginormous line. I hear the comments about how long the people have to wait. About how there should be more cashiers, etc. I agree with them, but I need to watch my tongue because I could be fired for making disparaging remarks about the company. Do they think I want to be so swamped that I can't even think straight? Do they think that I want to be so busy that my breaks are sometimes late, if not missed altogether? I do my best, but when someone believes that they are better than me, just because they stand on the other side of the counter, that irks me. I've actually had people say, "I am obviously more intelligent than you." Really? What makes them think that? I attended a highly acclaimed engineering program at a top university, why does he believe that he is more intelligent than I? Purely the fact that my life brought me to the service side of the counter?

Look back at how you explained the whole story. YOU WERE angry. Do you think that the saleswoman was not also annoyed by that customer? And then you went even more over the top. I think you should examine your actions more closely and see where you could have improved the situation.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
NG, you behaved horribly and should have been charged with destruction of property. What you did was criminal.

I was in my regular grocery store the other day and had HORRIBLE service from a cashier I had never met before (it's been my regular shop for 12+ years). Frowns, rolling eyes, being rough with my produce, THROWING items down to the bagging area. I complained to her manager, saying I didn't know if she was having an especially rough day, but that I was accustomed to great service in his store and this was an aberration.

I am quite sure it was handled much more appropriately than if I had, say, poured oil all over the company equipment.

If they don't press charges for your destruction of their property, I hope they ban you from their store.

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
CWMI #2599108 02/21/12 04:47 PM
C
C
WOW, I just saw your language.

That was vile and disgusting, why would you think you were in the right??? There is nothing anyone can do to deserve what you said, and you should hold yourself to a higher standard, NG. Why would you ever say that to anyone?

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
CWMI #2599121 02/21/12 05:12 PM
N
N
If they don't press charges for your destruction of their property, I hope they ban you from their store.

Well, having never been renowned for knowing when to cut my losses, I will stop by that fine establishment tomorrow, just to see what happens.

Wish me luck?

C
C
I wish that you suffer the consequences of your actions, so you may learn and grow and do better in the future.

You are planning to drop in to apologize for your obnoxious behavior? And make amends? Or slop through like a wayward, victorious (and pleased, very pleased) in your destruction?

Flaunting it? And reporting back here that NO, we were wrong and you were right to wrought physical destruction and verbal abuse on that establishment and its employees?

If you are proud of your actions, I hurt for you.

(Oscar Wilde)
CWMI #2599151 02/21/12 06:42 PM
K
K
Why are you doubling down on your (idiotic and shameful) actions?

Your bravado isn't fooling anyone.

CWMI #2599156 02/21/12 06:54 PM
N
N
You are planning to drop in to apologize for your obnoxious behavior? And make amends? Or slop through like a wayward, victorious (and pleased, very pleased) in your destruction?

Shame on you, CWMI, for your unconscionable use of that most-despised pejorative on this site.

Sorry, folks, this conversation is over. I'd like to respond to this **edit** in more colorful language, but the mods would no doubt be notified post-haste.

Last edited by MBLBanker; 02/21/12 07:58 PM. Reason: TOS: do not bypass the profanity filter.
C
C
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed

Shame on you, CWMI, for your unconscionable use of that most-despised pejorative on this site.

Sorry, folks, this conversation is over. I'd like to respond to this **edit** in more colorful language, but the mods would no doubt be notified post-haste.

Hmm, wonder where we've heard that kind of righteous indignation before?

Lemme think...

Last edited by MBLBanker; 02/21/12 08:06 PM. Reason: Editing quote

(Oscar Wilde)
CWMI #2599174 02/21/12 08:01 PM
M
M
This conversation is over. Any further personal attacks will not be tolerated.

MBLovebanker@gmail.com
M
M
**edit**

Again, discussion of this particular topic is over. While this is a "rant" thread, any further personal attacks will not be tolerated. Rants are acceptable, personal attacks are not. Let's move on people. Thank you for your cooperation.

Last edited by MBLBanker; 02/21/12 10:46 PM. Reason: TOS; posting after moderator notice.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
P
P
Originally Posted by MBLBanker
This conversation is over. Any further personal attacks will not be tolerated.

I might 'attack' myself.
flirt

Kids .... It's coming.
My GRAND OPENING !!!!!!

In 5 short weeks.
I will be less than I am today.
I'm nervous.
I'm slightly crazy.
I'm happy/sad.

I am ready to Plan D my large intestine completely.

Hand-holding is allowed.
Prayers gratefully accepted.
I politely ask that no one send me any more 'remedies'.
40 years ... I've tried just about everything.

If you 'have the guts' ..... wink

Laparoscopic ileostomy followed by a J-pouch some weeks later

God Save the Queen !!!!!

Last edited by Pepperband; 02/22/12 12:21 PM.
N
N
Well, Pep, as you know, I've survived Prostate Cancer and a radical prostatectomy at the relatively young age of 53.

It was NOT enjoyable learning that my body betrayed me so egregiously and dangerously. What only one other person knows is that I was "dead set" (interesting term, that!) against having the operation until my bride one morning, as she left for work, kissed me and said "You know, I've only had you for 34 years, and that's not enough."

So, I'll give you the same chat, friend, "Those of us here, and those who have you in person, are grateful that you'll have the opportunity to have a better life after the operation."

A week, huh? I'll endeavour not to post anything that will "overstimulate" your system between now and then.

P
P
A week, huh? I'll endeavour not to post anything that will "overstimulate" your system between now and then.

5 weeks.
Can you 'behave' that long?
rotflmao

Last edited by Pepperband; 02/22/12 12:57 PM.
N
N
5 weeks.

Give me strength!

BTW: in YOUR thread started 23 December 2009, Fred_in_VA posted this (It was part of a longer string):

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole, and God said, "No."
He said the spirit is whole, the body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience, and God said, "No."
He said patience is a by-product of tribulation;
it isn't granted, it's earned.

I asked God to give me happiness, and God said, "No."
He said He gives blessings; happiness is up to me.

I asked God to spare me pain, and God said, "No."
"Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares
and brings you closer to me."

What goes around, comes around!

P
P
5 weeks.

Give me strength!

BTW: in YOUR thread started 23 December 2009, Fred_in_VA posted this (It was part of a longer string):

Yes,
I figure anything that brings me to my knees and humbles me, is good for me.

P
P
Today is "ash Wednesday" .... My kind of day.

H
H
Originally Posted by Pepperband
5 weeks.

Give me strength!

Yes,
I figure anything that brings me to my knees and humbles me, is good for me.

'Ol Auntie Pep (I won't get schmucked for that one, will I?) - These young eyes have witnessed a massive growth in grace in you over this past year.

That's right, the snot-nosed punk got to watch you grow.

As demonstrated by that, this will be a bump in the road... though, it will have to be in the rear-view before it appears that way.

Peace and strength, Pep.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
M
M
In 5 short weeks.
I will be less than I am today.
I'm nervous.
I'm slightly crazy.
I'm happy/sad.

I am ready to Plan D my large intestine completely.
Oh, my dear Pep. I just read this. hug

I'm not going to spoon-feed any pap to you because I know you gave that up for Lent at about the age of two smile , but I will tell you that God knows the scrapper that you are and that you are very much up to what He has to deal out. As do we. (I can hear Him now: "Dang, she's a feisty wench!" laugh )

Take us along with you on your journey. kiss

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Page 72 of 89 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 462 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation