Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 104 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 103 104
S
OP Offline
S
Thank you so much for being here for me.... I feel like I'm going to vomit!!!
I already told him last night that poly wasn't an option and if chose no, then I would walk away and never look back, but if he chooses yes, then it will help him to earn trust back by telling me the truth, which is the VERY LEAST you owe me... THE TRUTH!!! He asked me the location and time, so i told him the time and roundabout location. I think we should ride together, even though I REALLY don't want to be near him. He LIED in MC last week straight to our faces and counted on his fingers all of the things that he didn't do that i was still unsure of, which we're all lies!!!

I know damn well he had sex with OW#2! He must think I'm an IDIOT that an employee tried to open the door right when they were getting ready to do the deed! As far as OW#1, I don't have a clue what to think anymore.

I seriously think I'm going to throw-up!

Do you think he's going to try to get out of the poly again before tomorrow?

S
OP Offline
S
The things of his that I want to get rid of are triggers for me!!!!

I
I
Originally Posted by starfish75
Do you think he's going to try to get out of the poly again before tomorrow?

Hmm. Ive never seen anyone be as firm as you, so it would be bold in the extreme for him to try. However dont underestimate the boldness of a wayward. I have no doubt however that you will just say, 'um, no' and that you will stick to it.

The things of his that I want to get rid of are triggers for me!!!!

Oh fine, then. Godspeed. You'll feel better. Be clear that all triggers are intolerable and must go.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

I
I
How do I take time off from work? I need time to take care of me right now!

I told my employers eveything and said the shock had made me throw up and that I was shaking most of the time. If I hadn�t they would have thought I'd turned into the worst employee ever for q a few months afterwards. As it was they admired my strength in getting back on my feet.

S
OP Offline
S
Please guide me on how to expose through fb. I have her friend list, well I saw it last night and can copy it today. No messages were seen. He said he only sent her one message to get her phone number and then deleted her phone number. He said he is telling me EVERYTHING now... I just chuckled and walked out of the room.

Also, told him that he needed to call our doctor and get in for full STD pane today and that we would ride together for poly tomorrow night. After, I said, "Ok?". He said, "ok".

Last edited by starfish75; 03/19/12 06:29 AM.
I
I
there's a full guide to FB exposure on the 101 thread in Mel's signature.

You need to copy all her friends into a word doc and make sure you space the messages out to prevent FB blocking you. Pick likely family (same surname, relationship links etc) and married couples, warning them to 'watch their own husbands' as per the 'dear friends of skankyhola' example on the 101 thread.

I just chuckled and walked out of the room.

quote]

Nice. I feel like you should be teaching us.

[quote=starfish75]Also, told him that he needed to call our doctor and get in for full STD pane todayl and that we would ride together for poly tomorrow night.

Very good. Be prepared for this to be very upsetting. Be prepared not to lovebust. Tell him in advance you might get upset but that 'you can get through this if he sticks with these types of trustworthy actions'

S
OP Offline
S
I just asked him to show me what he was wearing both nights and he did, so I asked him to hand them to me... He asked why? I said because I'm taking them to the Goodwill and walked out of the room.

M
M
starfish, I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Can you take the next 2 days off and get some rest? Can you also call up your doctor and get some anti-depressants? Its real important to calm down.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
C
Starfish i am so sorry...

i did take a few days off and it helped, i told my boss and they said take what ever time you need.

i agree that he may be covering up the OW1. you may get more today. i would calmly ask him if there is anything else he would like to say before the poly. because this is his last chance to come clean. and you would like to begin to recovery after he passes the poly.

have you thought about your poly questions?

BTW-you are doing great!

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
final truths 5/8-- all of them poly confirmed 5/18
working the plan

P
P
Oh Star. You are such a strong woman.

It's ironic, isn't it? We need the truth so badly and when it starts to come out, we are just devastated.

That's why they lie and try to cover it up. It is so wrong that they can't even face it themselves. They will do anything to avoid the truth...even lie to you and the marriage counselor. The poly will make him face it. And the truth is what will start the recovery process for the BOTH of you.

Be prepared to hear anything at this point. Cool and calm.
You can do this. (((hugs)))

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

S
OP Offline
S
Ok, got the OW's phone number. What do I say to her? I want the truth!

S
OP Offline
S
She is communicating with me right now through fb asking me when I'm going to come to her town for a visit. She thinks I'm WH.

I
I
which OW?

Try open ending q's but not leading....

Such as

'Just wondering how you are'

'I dont know, what do you suggest?'

Throw out a few traps and then just demand full truth from her.

S
OP Offline
S

OW#2

Last edited by starfish75; 03/19/12 10:08 AM.
L
L
I am so impressed by your strength!
You are doing so well -- and I have great optimism for your marriage recovery.
You have done a wonderful thing for your husband. Its ugly to live with secrets like that. You are giving him a chance to become a better man. He should be grateful.

atta-girl!

S
OP Offline
S
I will remain calm, but I am going to call OW#2 today. Any suggestions on what I should ask her?

S
OP Offline
S
I'm feeling so weak and not sure how I can stay in a marriage based on lies and I think my husband is sick and has a major problem!

S
OP Offline
S
What am I supposed to do????
I'm a wreck, but not backing down until I get the truth!!! Please, somebody help me!!! frown

M
M
Stay the course, starfish. When is the polygraph scheduled?

My guess is he will continue to throw out more and more stuff as the polygraph approaches. His goal is to get you to call it off, one way or the other. You must not do that.

After the polygraph, it will be easier to come up with a plan.

Until then, you have been doing great. Stay the course. Reread the suggestions: take off work, make sure to practice self-care, see a doctor about antidepressants.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Vent here. You will find lots of friends who have been right where you are.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
Page 11 of 104 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 433 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation