Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 104 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 103 104
M
M
starfish, I would kick back and take a few days off from your husband. He knows he lied and unless he comes to you with a plan to make this right in the very near future, there is nothing here to save. You gave him a chance and so far has failed. The ball is in his court!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

I
I
Originally Posted by pokerface
Star. Personally, I think you should go dark for tonight.

Give yourself time to process everything.

If you can, do this. While he's lying it doesn't matter what he does.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

K
K
star--

Plan B is often used in conjunction with Plan D, too. I think if you decide on Plan D in the future, you should still read up on Plan B.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
V
V
Star, in addition to all the other good advice you've received I would like to add one thing. I wouldn't be texting him thought provoking questions that may make him realize you have him on GPS. If I were him, you asking if I was at so and so's house (and I actually am or have been) would red flag me that something is up. Be careful here. You don't want to inadvertently disclose your intel sources.

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

S
OP Offline
S
I'm not saying anything more to him tonight.

I did talk to our MC counselor today to let her know that I wouldn't be coming or working on our marriage until he comes clean and tells the truth. I know you all don't agree, but I changed my mind and decided to go so we could discuss the polygraph and she said she would try to get him to come clean and let him know that we can't move forward until he does.

I'm now thinking I don't want to go. Jacka$& can't even respond! I will not LB right now!!!

Should I go as planned or just be a no show?

S
S
Starfish, you are understandable pissed. Just think about how much worse it would be if you had started recovery and then found out you were actually in a false recovery. This is the reason that you need to keep that bar HIGH.

Don't think about where he is tonight. I know it's hard. Plan A is done when there is a unrepentant spouse and/or an active A. Part of PLan A is to prepare for Plan B. I know you are angry right now, but that anger won't last forever. Your taker is ANGRY as all get out. Keep her happy. Take a break from him and take care of yourself.

I just want to remind you to keep your own boundaries extra HIGH right now. You are at your highest risk of having a affair after you have discovered your WS has had one. Just be careful.

Take care of yourself. Try to eat. Try to sleep. Don't try to contact him. He needs to chase YOU.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
Originally Posted by starfish75
I'm not saying anything more to him tonight.

I did talk to our MC counselor today to let her know that I wouldn't be coming or working on our marriage until he comes clean and tells the truth. I know you all don't agree, but I changed my mind and decided to go so we could discuss the polygraph and she said she would try to get him to come clean and let him know that we can't move forward until he does.

I'm now thinking I don't want to go. Jacka$& can't even respond! I will not LB right now!!!

Should I go as planned or just be a no show?

I'd say that the way you are feeling right now, you are more likely to LB rather than anything. And what is there to discuss? He lied, he was caught, and he is still lying. He knows you want to truth FIRST. Ball's in his court.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
So, should I just not show? We are supposed to meet there at 10am?

S
S
I would just not show. Expect him to be angry, but right now, it's more important for you to be safe, emotionally.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
V
V
Like Mel said, I would go dark for the weekend at least. And don't text him anymore...period. Yeah, I would be a no show. He's only going to appease you, not to sincerely fix this, so bow out. He's not serious about this, so show him YOU are.

You're chasing him right now, and he knows it. Scotty is right. You continually initiating contact with him reaffirms his beliefs that he has the upper hand. Eliminate that and let him come after you.

You're making this way too easy for him right now. Time to tighten up.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

S
OP Offline
S
This is really the first that I have contacted him today. He is the one that was emailing me all day. He actually came by our house at lunch (thank God I saw that on GPS, because I took all my stuff and left for a bit).

I have decided that I won't go tomorrow. I know he will come by the house to check on me if I don't show or answer his emails/text messages.

P
P
Star. I think you have accomplished more in one single day than any BS in history.

Let the chips fall and see what happens.

You have done great.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

S
OP Offline
S
I also noticed that he called the polygraph office today and spoke with the polygrapher for 9 minutes.

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you do much for the compliment! I have no idea how I did it all!!!

My heart is COMPLETELY SHATTERED!!! I never in a million years thought that something like this could happen to me, us or our marriage. I realize that I'm not the only one who feels this way, because you all have experienced this too! I'm just sharing...

I love him with all of my heart and I'm mad at myself for it too! I know you all can tell I want my marriage to work. I just don't know what else I can do... All of my friends are calling me, texting me. My mom and sister check on me and are always here for me. I asked my mom to stop sweet talking my WH tonight. The only thing I want her to tell him is that he needs to tell me the truth! I'm so sick of all of this!!!

V
V
This is really the first that I have contacted him today. He is the one that was emailing me all day. He actually came by our house at lunch (thank God I saw that on GPS, because I took all my stuff and left for a bit).

I have decided that I won't go tomorrow. I know he will come by the house to check on me if I don't show or answer his emails/text messages.
Good, keep it that way except for the asking him about where he is to see if he is lying. Go a little dark for now. This is for you Star...you need a break!

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

M
M
SF, what your husband wants is to sweep this all under the rug by insisting he told the truth. If you allow that to happen, you will never get the truth. I don't believe for a minute he was truthful and that was evidenced by his behavior. He just decided he would take his chances and if he failed, insist that he is the "innocent 5%." Sorry, I just don't buy it.

My suggestion would be to back off and put the ball in his court. Let him know when he calls that this is very serious and you can't move forward until you have the truth. Keep this issue on the front burner until it is resolved.

One reason he might be holding out is because there is a current affair going on OR he is trying to protect the OW. I don't know why, but it is pretty clear he is protecting something or someone.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
K
ITA with everything ML said.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
S
OP Offline
S
I agree with you ML! What if he comes by our house tomorrow? Should I leave for awhile, so I don't see him?

M
M
I agree with you ML! What if he comes by our house tomorrow? Should I leave for awhile, so I don't see him?

I would tell him straight up that this will never work until he comes clean. As long as he chooses to lie he is choosing to end the marriage. Emphasize that your marriage can survive his affairs, but it can't survive his lies. You need to let him know you don't believe him and that you are serious about not staying in a marriage that is based on lies and deceit.

If he doesn't come clean, starfish, I would prepare to go into a very dark Plan B. [write him a love letter giving him your conditions for return and ask him not to contact you until he meets your conditions] I don't see how you have much choice at this point. You have no hope of saving your marriage as long as he lies so you have nothing to lose except alot of grief as he continues to lie.

His trickle truth games will drive you into a nervous breakdown soon enough, so if he doesn't come clean in a week or so, I would go into Plan B. You have already been through hell and much more of this is just going to drag you down further.

Exposure 101

M
M
And your MIL is being silly by insisting you give a habitual liar the benefit of the doubt. That is insane.

Exposure 101

Page 28 of 104 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 433 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation