Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 52 of 104 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 103 104
S
OP Offline
S
Ok I need help here:

He just texted me...

You need to give me a key to our house. You legally can not keep me from getting inside. Please make me a key or if you have one let me know when I can pick it up

M
M
Originally Posted by starfish75
Ok I need help here:

He just texted me...

You need to give me a key to our house. You legally can not keep me from getting inside. Please make me a key or if you have one let me know when I can pick it up

STOP READING HIS TEXTS!!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Delete the text.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

V
V
Ok I need help here
You're getting help star, you're just not listening to it. Delete the texts, quit reading, and turn the phone off

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

D
D
Star, the help you've been given is to STOP READING HIS TEXTS. Reply like MelodyLane told you. Either he respects it and goes through your IM or not, but YOU need to STOP reading them.

S
S
TURN OFF YOUR PHONE.

UNPLUG YOUR HOUSE PHONE(If you have one).

GO DARK.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
I will turn off my phone, but he is fighting me changing the locks. What can I do about this?

K
K
Do not answer him. Just don't.

Locks will be changed. He's blowing smoke.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
M
I will turn off my phone, but he is fighting me changing the locks. What can I do about this?

You don't do anything. If a sheriff armed with a court order and a big gun comes to your door, then you contact your lawyer! smile

Exposure 101

K
K
Exactly what ML said.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
D
D
but he is fighting me changing the locks. What can I do about this?
What's to fight about? Did that request go through your IM? No? Oh, then you never knew about it.

S
S
He's just trying to get a reaction out of you because he knows that you are serious.

You need to show him that you are serious. This is why we suggested that you change your number.

Turn off the phone.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
Should I send his friend that he is staying with a text? I want him to know that my intentions are good and I just need WH to be honest. Good or bad idea? He is a mutual friend.

S
S
NOPE.

Plan B.

He shouldn't hear about things about you, and you shouldn't hear about things he's doing.

Get into a nice dark safe cocoon.

TURN OFF THE PHONES.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
What do you all think? I've written a lot about my situation so far... I know ML shared what she thought might happen. Any others here willing to share what your gut is telling you...? Do you think my WH will hit bottom and do the right thing? I'm just not sure... he seems like such a fighter right now!

I've never done anything like this before and more than anything, I want my marriage to work. I'm going to be having some rough days now...

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Scotland
NOPE.

Plan B.

He shouldn't hear about things about you, and you shouldn't hear about things he's doing.

Get into a nice dark safe cocoon.

TURN OFF THE PHONES.

Ok, thank you!!! I won't talk to him.

What about my in-laws? What if they call me to see how I'm doing?

M
M

Take their call! smile

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Take their call! smile

I just wasn't sure if there were things that I should avoid telling them, so it doesn't get back to WH.

V
V
What do you all think? I've written a lot about my situation so far... I know ML shared what she thought might happen. Any others here willing to share what your gut is telling you...? Do you think my WH will hit bottom and do the right thing? I'm just not sure... he seems like such a fighter right now!

I've never done anything like this before and more than anything, I want my marriage to work. I'm going to be having some rough days now...
Star hon, just what were you expecting? Everyone here told you exactly what to expect, and so far it's come to pass...and it's only Day 1.

I get the sense that you thought this Plan B would snap him out of it immediately, admit the truth, take the poly, pass the poly, and then life goes back to normal in a few days. Is this what you really thought?

It's going to take time, and a tremendous amount of strength from you, but strength I know you possess. Lord knows we've seen it here!!!!

You must block all access channels for him and start looking out for yourself.

Now, it's all about you

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

S
S
Be guarded, but honest.

You don't think about any of it getting back to him, because you are in PB now. It's a whole different ballgame. Now, it's time to get you thinking about you.

Did you turn off that phone?

I know how sneaky us PBers are. I know that a part of you WANTS your WH to contact you. Don't let him. Protect yourself

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 52 of 104 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 433 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation