Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 73 of 104 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 103 104
I
I
Perfect!

I would keep interactions brief, to keep your lovebank safe and prevent lovebusting.

Everytime he sees you, you should be calm, cool, strong and rockin'. So get your plan B arranged SOON because its hard to keep that up when he's being such an azz.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
OP Offline
S
He just texted me asking me to go boating with him on Friday...
(His birthday is Saturday, so he must be taking a long weekend)

My response: Are you going to tell me the truth?

His response: �I told you I have. When will you believe me when I say that?

My response: No. Once you pass a polygraph. �You can contact Xxx @ xxx.

Once you pass, I'll be happy to spend my life with you and work on rebuilding our marriage.

I'm happy to go boating with you any day of the week once I KNOW �the truth and it's verified. Schedule an appt.

Last edited by starfish75; 04/11/12 12:52 PM.
U
U
Originally Posted by indiegirl
This made me giggle but its clear your love bank for him is dwindling. I'd get into Plan B sooner rather than later before it disappears entirely and you don't give a damn about marital recovery - and start to love bust. Best to go into Plan B from a positive place.

YES. I was in Plan C for almost a decade and then woke up one day and my LB was completely dwindled. Then I went into Plan PO'D. And didn't give a DAMN about marital recovery. And, had a revenge EA, that could have gone physical but fortunately I was able to come to my senses and stop it and confess before that happened. I have to say that I like to see a little bit of anger in your SF, I still think anger saved me in some ways, woke me up, stopped me from walking around in lala self pity party land. But it has also caused destruction, and the road back to recovery seems twice as long.

Plan B sounds SO HARD! And I never had to do it, so that probably makes my advice fairly worthless. But in retrospect of my own sitch, if I had been presented with PLANS and could have gone through with Plan A and Plan B properly, it would have changed my life and saved us from years of deceit and continued destruction.

I know you don't need any more encouragement though, I can tell you are ready to go back into Plan B.

I
I
Originally Posted by unwritten
Then I went into Plan PO'D. And didn't give a DAMN about marital recovery. And, had a revenge EA, that could have gone physical

YIKES. But I see how that can happen. Even a BW in a calm Plan B with her wits about her is vulnerable to an RA. Just cause there's so many vultures out there who want take advantage of a betrayed woman (there's literally one in every room containing more than a dozen people)

Plan Confusion is bound to increase the vulnerabilty and be lax on good boundaries because there's no calm, no logic - just misery.

Originally Posted by unwritten
Plan B sounds SO HARD!

It really isn't! The first week or three is not fun because its taken up with grieving. But that grieving takes away all the anxiety and pent up frustration of Plan A - it washes you clean.

After that it is bliss. It is doing what you want, when you want - no POJA. Making a whole new life or making the existing one just better. Coming on here to make sure your Plan B sisters are lining up regular treats for themselves and getting nagged to do the same. Life's good.

Let's compare the fight to kill the affair - to say a battle against a dragon.

In plan A, you get up close and personal with the dragon. Your exposure nukes its wings off, trapping it in the valley (and sometimes killing it outright) your dagger of EN meeting slashes at its neck and your courage in standing up for yourself makes the dragon feel hopeless and like giving up.

All the while you are being scorched and slashed by the dragon, so the battle has to be kept short.

In Plan B you realise you have done as much damage as you can with a small dagger and withdraw to let the weakened, wingless dragon die on its own, where it can't hurt you. There is also the small chance that it is an immortal dragon, and if so you could stab away at it forever and you would die of exhaustion before it did.

Plan Bers then escape through a tunnel to a comfortable castle where the dragon cannot follow. They then fight a smarter battle of letting the dragon die on its own - or simply keeping out of its way if it is unkillable.

This is where the warrior first experiences pain. During Plan A they were too pumped up on adrenaline and anger to feel the burns and wounds the dragon inflicted.

Once in a quiet room, receiving medical attention - they start to smart.

The warrior also misses his old life - the village in the valley that the dragon destroyed.

Some Plan Bers grieve this loss and have their wounds healed and never venture into the valley again until the dragon is dead. They make a new life in the castle. Often the dragon becomes a man again, who will help the warrior rebuild. If not, the BS is happy where they are.

But others do a strange thing.

As soon as they are in the healer's quiet room and their wounds begin to smart, they blame the room.

'This room is too painful' they say. 'I miss my home' 'I was happier there'.

They look out to the valley, and instead of a fire breathing dragon, they see their village, intact.

In vain, the healer tries to tell the warrior their pain is only making them hallucinate - but back out they go for more punishment.

Then in and out, getting weaker, more wounded and more confused with each dragon encounter. It also helps to keep the starving dragon alive - at each encounter he tears flesh off the warrior to eat.

To sum up, the quiet room of plan B does not create any pain. It is simply where the pain is realised and grieved. And going back out there will not stop that pain - it will only see more wounds collected.

I
I
How soon do you think you can make your Plan B arrangements, Starfish?

S
OP Offline
S

I don't know... I have other things to take care of today with being out of work right now. Lots of calls to make.

R
R
The way to get through the grief of the beginning of plan B is as follows

-plug holes where the wayward can contact you directly other than an IM
- do not snoop (no keylogging, drivebys, etc)
-put all photos of wayward out of sight and don't go get them and gaze at him and ruminate about him
-get a hobby you have either neglected or never attempted

The most crucial here is the first two and the last two help a lot.

U
U
Oh India you are so WISE. And a good little analogical (I think I made that up) storyteller too. What I MEANT to say is...the WITHDRAWAL felt during Plan B sounds so HARD...but to ME coming from the land of confusion, the 'solitude' of Plan B, the lack of drama, the focusing on your OWN mental health sounds GLORIOUS. And I can't imagine how my life would have been different had I been exposed to it.

And, no vulture came looking for me as the sad, pathetic BS, I must own up to that. I was so angry I boldly and aggressively started an EA with one of H's best friends of almost 20 yrs. Fueled not by desire, or needs not being met, or fog, feuled 100% by anger and resentment. That, is the kind of anger and LB depletion SF wants to avoid, for sure.

I
I
Originally Posted by starfish75

I don't know... I have other things to take care of today with being out of work right now. Lots of calls to make.

Arranging your finances and work is very Plan B-like too. You need to be happy, productive and supported of course.

S
OP Offline
S
He called me earlier and I told him that he was confusing me: one minute he wants to find himself, the next minute he wants to come home and wonders what it's going to take and then he asks me to go boating. I asked him, "What exactly is it that you want?". He said, "I don't know. I just know that I want to be home.".

I asked him he could come home as soon as he tells me the truth and passes a polygraph. I asked him what it's going to take for him to tell me the truth? Do you need to be in the presence of our MC, your IC, in front of me in person or by letter? He said he doesn't know yet...

A
A
He wants cake starfish. Don't give him slices by talking to him when it's not necessary. How long until you can be back in Plan B?

aBetterMe

Me 33
DH 35
Together 14 years, married 12
Two "furry children" (one cat & one dog)

MB has changed me and changed my life. I am becoming a better person for it, and building a better marriage. MB principles can truly help you create the love and the life you want.
I
I
Well that went well, but I wouldnt get involved in debates.

He said he doesn't know yet...

A play for more time. The magic word 'yet' paints a magical future where he suddenly comes to and is more truthful. Him: 'If only you would have the patience for 'yet' to arrive - all would be well!'

If he gets more time, he knows he can wear you down into accepting crumbs. Waywards know full well that Plan C is tiring and ends up defeating the BS.

Dont give him that time to wear you down. He can find 'yet' for himself in Plan .

Last edited by indiegirl; 04/11/12 03:11 PM.

P
P
He called me earlier and I told him that he was confusing me: one minute he wants to find himself, the next minute he wants to come home and wonders what it's going to take and then he asks me to go boating. I asked him, "What exactly is it that you want?". He said, "I don't know. I just know that I want to be home.".

I asked him he could come home as soon as he tells me the truth and passes a polygraph. I asked him what it's going to take for him to tell me the truth? Do you need to be in the presence of our MC, your IC, in front of me in person or by letter? He said he doesn't know yet...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

twoxfour

WH: "I want to come home."
You: "Have you made a poly appointment?"
WH: "Why can't I come home?"
You: *click*

R
R
Verifyable polygraph truth = home

You might tell him that polygrahs are going to be part of his life with you......at intervals once one is passed.....(lol).....maybe don't tell him that yet. think

S
S
SF, you are in Plan C which is most likely to lead to D. It is painful to watch.

Originally Posted by MelodyLane
paraphrased quotes from 5/4/2010 radio show:

"What is Plan C?

It is a compromise. I never recommend Plan C. Plan A is you do the best to win your spouse back.

Plan B is you have absolutely nothing to do with the spouse.

Those 2 are the best strategies in an affair. They give you the best shot at saving the marriage.

Plan C, which I don't ever recommend is a compromise is an inbetween state where you are in contact but the contact is not solving the problem.

Plan C makes it more likely you will end up divorced. Some contact but not quality contact. This is a BAD PLAN. It is better to have no contact."

From this thread: BS's Plan C is NOT a plan!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
My biggest concern when you first went into Plan B was that your WH was not going to be able to make the meaningful changes necessary for recovery.

Now I am worried that if he does decide to make that change, that your LB$ has taken some serious hits and you will not have what is necessary to sustain you through recovery.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
B
B
Originally Posted by SusieQ
SF, you are in Plan C which is most likely to lead to D. It is painful to watch.

Originally Posted by MelodyLane
paraphrased quotes from 5/4/2010 radio show:

"What is Plan C?

It is a compromise. I never recommend Plan C. Plan A is you do the best to win your spouse back.

Plan B is you have absolutely nothing to do with the spouse.

Those 2 are the best strategies in an affair. They give you the best shot at saving the marriage.

Plan C, which I don't ever recommend is a compromise is an inbetween state where you are in contact but the contact is not solving the problem.

Plan C makes it more likely you will end up divorced. Some contact but not quality contact. This is a BAD PLAN. It is better to have no contact."

From this thread: BS's Plan C is NOT a plan!

Just to tag on the radio clip so you can hear it also.

Radio Clip on Plan C

1st part of the Segment about Plan A and Plan B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Pepperband

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

twoxfour

WH: "I want to come home."
You: "Have you made a poly appointment?"
WH: "Why can't I come home?"
You: *click*

I know... I should've said this, but I didn't.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by SusieQ
My biggest concern when you first went into Plan B was that your WH was not going to be able to make the meaningful changes necessary for recovery.

Now I am worried that if he does decide to make that change, that your LB$ has taken some serious hits and you will not have what is necessary to sustain you through recovery.

I still love him, just upset with the mind games.

Why did you doubt him being able to make the necessary changes for recovery? What led you to believe this...? I'm just trying to understand and see what you are seeing.

S
OP Offline
S
Is there a possibility of saving the marriage or is it doomed?

Page 73 of 104 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 433 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation