Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
P
Originally Posted by Luro
I just want to move on.

Get divorced.

M
M
I tell him the truth, but not the whole truth. I tell him the good parts.

You LIE.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

You LIE.

Isn't lying in your marriage like building a house on quick sand?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

P
P
Door #1 - divorce him.
Door #2 - tell him.

These are you 2 ethical options.

M
M
Man, this is a tough room.
Yes, this is a tough room for conflict avoiders, no doubt. But it's the best room for them, as well.
Am I a hot-house flower? Oh, for sure. I am. But should I be? Can I help it? Can I change my nature? Can I stop being a conflict avoider if that is my natural tendency? Maybe.
Don't confuse 'tendencies' with 'decisions'. You can decide to face conflict square-on. People do it every day. Or you can decide to hide and let Life roll over you. Your call.

Goodness, I wish I had never written that I had that affair.
I would like to see you in a place where you would say this first, instead of your original comment, which is self-serving.
I feel like I painted a picture and asked for everyone's opinion on it, and everyone chose instead to focus on a dead fly that got stuck in the paint by accident.
To use your analogy, wouldn't you agree that the dead fly has ruined the picture?
It will probably take a while to unravel this mess, but we might attempt it someday, after the kids are launched.
I suspect you will find another reason to avoid this conflict after your kids are out of the house.

But good luck with that.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
Yes, he was married at the time.
Does his wife know about your affair? It would be proper for you to inform her, because your affair is more than likely one of the reasons they divorced. She has the right to know what happened in her marriage. You do not have the right to so cruelly leave her in the dark.

I know I'm whistling into the wind on this one, because you will avoid the discomfort of having to own your actions, but you should know this.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

P
P
I feel like I painted a picture and asked for everyone's opinion on it, and everyone chose instead to focus on a dead fly that got stuck in the paint by accident.

More accurate:

You made vegetable soup.
You made the choice to put a dead fly into your husband's soup.
The fly did not fall in the soup.
You put it there.
You're not going to tell.
You choose to watch your husband eat dead-fly soup.
Why?
So he won't think badly of you.
The fly is already in the soup.
You want to "move on" and allow your husband to unknowingly eat flies.

P
P
Originally Posted by Pepperband
The fly is already in the soup.
You want to "move on" and allow your husband to unknowingly eat flies.

"What my H doesn't know won't hurt him, right?"
"If H knew I PUT a fly in his soup, he might divorce me. Right?"

banghead

N
N
Prior to your A, you had trouble in your M. If you had never cheated, that's where we'd be able to start.

When YOU cheated, the whole scene changed. Instead of us being able to treat your M for an infection in a few joints, we found a M being overrun by flesh-eating bacteria, and in danger of dying. Until the flesh-eating bacteria are dealt with, there isn't much point even looking at the lesser infection.

It would be like trying to put a band-aid on the splinter in your finger while you're bleeding to death from a gunshot wound.

YOU caused the possibly-fatal wound to your M, and you would of course much rather we focus on the splinter that was partially your BH's fault, too. Instead of the gushing, spurting injury that was all from YOU.

This isn't just some accidental fly in the paint. This is you and your BH painting a picture together, and you took an exacto knife and slashed it to bits. He doesn't even know the painting is slashed, but I assure you the damage is already done.

Your BH has already been hurt badly; he just doesn't know it yet.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
I
I
You blamed your own daughter to cover yourself?
(About the pictures on the 'putter)

shudder!

Last edited by CanItGetBetter; 06/10/12 03:57 PM.

Me 58: FWH (NC 32 yr), W 60, married 36 yr, DD 32
T
T

First time I have heard that there were good parts to an affair.

M
M

By far the craziest thing that came out of a wayward's piehole .... the OP is so foggy ... I think we need a foghorn to reach her.

This BH is in so much danger ... I hope you, Luro, understand the lie you want to withhold is by far as cruel as Hilter and his murderous thugs. You intentionally want to withhold truth from a man .... one day you will be caught. You have a 99.99% chance of getting caught. The truth will come out someday.

When it does ...

P
P
I don't want to hear if my husband is interested in other people because it would hurt.
You don't want to hear because if your husband can have secrets, that somehow gives you the right to have secrets, too.

Am I a hot-house flower? Oh, for sure. I am. But should I be? Can I help it? Can I change my nature? Can I stop being a conflict avoider if that is my natural tendency? Maybe.
Stop naval-gazing. It's not pretty.

Seems like everyone here is telling me to toughen up and open up. Those are hard to do! I have been living in a fantasy, but it's a fantasy that keeps me safe. It's hard to be brave if you're not.
You were "brave" enough to sneak around on your husband, though.

My friend who confessed and has the unhappy husband has bearing on my situation because I don't want that. My husband seems pretty happy now, by comparison with that guy.
He's not. He knows something is wrong, he just doesn't know what.

Goodness, I wish I had never written that I had that affair. I didn't want it. I didn't go looking for it. I tried to stop it even as it was happening, but I didn't try hard enough. I didn't enjoy it. I ended it. It was years ago.
You didn't ... You tried ... so own up to it.

I just want to move on.
Then why are you here posting?

What if I try to tell my husband, and he holds up his hand and says, "I don't need to know, let's just go on from here."? (And frankly, I have many good indications that this is exactly what he would say.)
Then why are you afraid to tell him?

You can honestly sit there and not agree that a fly stuck on the painting IS GROSS???

Then @#$%^ affair was a stupid error on my part, but it's over and I have no emotional attachment to it.

Then you should have no problem whatsoever with talking about with the one whom it affects the most: your husband.

Waywards who are really over their affairs are more than willing to TALK about it, with just about anyone.

I have agonized over it, and even done self-imposed penance. Telling my husband would only hurt him and the family.
Correction: it will hurt your pride.

I will think about all that I have heard here and keep investigating.

This only means that you have chosen to do nothing.

It will probably take a while to unravel this mess, but we might attempt it someday, after the kids are launched.

By then it will be too late. The only thing that hurts worse than an affair is being LIED to about the affair. A lot of betrayed spouses who would have otherwise chosen to recover with their wayward spouse, file for divorce when they learned they've been LIED TO FOR YEARS.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 272 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation