Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 36 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 35 36
L
L
Originally Posted by therightthing
Okay. No problem.

In short, there were 2 physical affairs and 60+ emotional or inappropriate affairs.
All of which I wrote in as much detail as possible, including my intentions for each instance.

And an extremely detailed account of the last affair, which I'm sure AI will share with you to some degree. If not, I will.

From here on out, I've gotta do good. DO good.

"For nothing is hidden, except to be revealed; nor has anything been secret, but that it would come to light."
Mark 4:22

"Now is the time for all good MB Veterans to come to the aid of their MB Rookies!"
T
OP Offline
T
Okay... hold on...

AI has just informed me that my labeling of the 60+ "emotional" affairs is incorrect. We'll look at the account again, but it's looking like the majority weren't EA's, but we're instead inappropriate dealings and a severe show of my lack of disrespect and ***EDIT*** boundaries.

It's still very much no excuse.

Last edited by Ariel; 06/19/12 12:47 PM. Reason: Do not bypass the profanity filter!
M
M
Okay... hold on...

AI has just informed me that my labeling of the 60+ "emotional" affairs is incorrect. We'll look at the account again, but it's looking like the majority weren't EA's, but we're instead inappropriate dealings and a severe show of my lack of disrespect and ***EDIT*** boundaries.

It's still very much no excuse.

You are right; it's not.

Basically, you have not been married to AlmostInvictus. You've lived like a single man, freely courting and hooking up as you pleased.

The question now is, do you want to start a REAL marriage with this woman, if she wants to be married to you?

Last edited by Ariel; 06/19/12 12:48 PM. Reason: Editing quote

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
markos #2637348 06/19/12 09:35 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Yes.

P
P
TRT. I pray that you are not resorting to that age old tactic of creating a "diversion" by burying the other guy in a huge pile of paperwork.

The poly will detect any deception on your part.

This could very well be your last chance to remember anything you forgot.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

T
OP Offline
T
Got it. I'm rock solid, pokerface.
Reformatting my laptop for the impending sale.
Grabbing my DVDs and throwing them in bags.
Gonna pay for this poly myself.

T
OP Offline
T
Hey alis,

Originally Posted by alis
BTW if anyone reads TRT's thread, notice how he is completely ignoring many posters who are calling him out and only addressing those who offer back pats in addition to calling him out.

I'm sure you understand that I have the right to answer who I want, but let's do this. Throw down. What've you got? I'm an open book to you.

Also, read my thread again. AI is the one who told me that I made a mistake in the labeling of all of my affairs. 60+, in her opinion, is misleading.

Ask away. I'm yours.

P
P
Got it. I'm rock solid, pokerface.
Grabbing my DVDs and throwing them in bags.
Gonna pay for this poly myself.

No defensiveness. That's good TRT. I really do hope you prove me wrong.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

A
A
Hey alis,

BTW if anyone reads TRT's thread, notice how he is completely ignoring many posters who are calling him out and only addressing those who offer back pats in addition to calling him out.

I'm sure you understand that I have the right to answer who I want, but let's do this. Throw down. What've you got? I'm an open book to you.

Also, read my thread again. AI is the one who told me that I made a mistake in the labeling of all of my affairs. 60+, in her opinion, is misleading.

Ask away. I'm yours.

It's not just me TRT, other users have made the same comments, and are no longer posting in your thread.

You'll notice that I had nothing further to really say to you, instead offered advice and support to your wife instead (the quote that TRT has made of me, just for other's information, is from AI's thread - not this one).

I simply don't believe a single word that you type, after all, you've been lying over and over and over again, so to me, your "open book" might as well be Harry Potter.

M
M

WHOA -- wait!

Is there anything on there that AlmostInvictus needs to see?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
N
N
Hey alis,

Ask away. I'm yours.

Both my FWH and I posted to you and got either no response or you skirted around the main points. I don't mind though it's your choice to reply or ignore just know that in the spirit of your newly found honesty it doesent add up.

If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it's still a duck.

As far as I am concerned I have yet to see anything significant to show that you are changing or becoming honest but I'm also lucky enough that I don't have to be married to you so my energy is going into helping AL who clearly wants and needs the help from everyone and isn't as selective as you.

Good luck with whatever choices you make next.

BW 36(Me)
WS 38
Married: 2000
DD1November 22 2008 - DD2 October 2014
PA Duration September 08 - November 08
Second discovery- 6 online affairs 4 sexual one emotional. October 2014.kids: DS 17, DS 14, DS 12, DS 10 . Baby after divorce DS 18months

Divorced

Was misled into thinking we were in recovery for 6 years.

If you were shocked reading any of this, that this is the consequence of not following MB to the LETTER.

markos #2637389 06/19/12 11:12 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by markos

WHOA -- wait!

Is there anything on there that AlmostInvictus needs to see?

Nope. We went through it together. This laptop is a trigger for her, anyways.
I moved all of the stuff that we might need to the joint computer.

NB28 #2637390 06/19/12 11:16 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by NB28
Hey alis,

Ask away. I'm yours.

Both my FWH and I posted to you and got either no response or you skirted around the main points. I don't mind though it's your choice to reply or ignore just know that in the spirit of your newly found honesty it doesent add up.

If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it's still a duck.

As far as I am concerned I have yet to see anything significant to show that you are changing or becoming honest but I'm also lucky enough that I don't have to be married to you so my energy is going into helping AL who clearly wants and needs the help from everyone and isn't as selective as you.

Good luck with whatever choices you make next.

Thanks. I don't mean to ignore. I just think that I could either sit here and answer to the folks on the board one by one, or I could talk to my wife and try to show her I'm serious about this.

The choice is easy.

But when this all settles down, one way or another, I will bust my a$$ to answer you all. Your FWH's post to me was a great one. I read and have read everything on here. It's just a matter of who I respond to that remains in question.

alis #2637391 06/19/12 11:19 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Hey alis,

Ask away. I'm yours.

It's not just me TRT, other users have made the same comments, and are no longer posting in your thread.

You'll notice that I had nothing further to really say to you, instead offered advice and support to your wife instead (the quote that TRT has made of me, just for other's information, is from AI's thread - not this one).

I simply don't believe a single word that you type, after all, you've been lying over and over and over again, so to me, your "open book" might as well be Harry Potter.

That's cool, Alis. I totally understand your stance.
When I prove myself to my wife (first), myself (second), and the y'all (third), I'm sure the sitch will change.

I do har to say, whether you believe it or not, your constant badgering and obnoxious attacking had kept this all at the forefront of my mind. As much as I want to AO all over the place, you're helping keep me in check. I appreciate it.

And I appreciate the help you're all giving AI.

I'm actually glad she asked me to start posting here.

markos #2637392 06/19/12 11:23 AM
I
I
Hi TRT

Like everyone else on these boards, I'm rooting for a successful Poly result and the start of an MB success story, if that's what AI wants.

But please try to avoid using the day of the poly, or even the hour before, as the 'deadline' for honesty, as so many waywards do, certainly ones with a SSL and a history of trickle truthing, as you do.

Do it today. If not AI will always remember these days, days when she needed you desperately, as days that you were still lying to her.

Each day of lies is an extra few months of healing from wounds for the betrayed.

I hope desperately that you already have come clean, but search your heart to make sure NOTHING is hidden.

It would torpedo your chances.

I still class the 'days of lies' as way more offensive than anything the two wayturds did when they were alone together.

I don't have flashbacks about what I know they did. But the memory of the lies I was told by them both is torturous.

It ends today. This very hour.

Anything less is an insult.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

A
A
Hey alis,

[quote=alis]BTW if anyone reads TRT's thread, notice how he is completely ignoring many posters who are calling him out and only addressing those who offer back pats in addition to calling him out.

Ask away. I'm yours.

I do har to say, whether you believe it or not, your constant badgering and obnoxious attacking had kept this all at the forefront of my mind. As much as I want to AO all over the place, you're helping keep me in check. I appreciate it.

Ok.

T
OP Offline
T
I hear ya, indie.
AI has asked me to refrain from saying anything like "I'm clean" or "I've told you/her everything". I'm respecting her wish by not saying these things.

What she didn't ask me not to say is this:

I. Will. Pass. That. Poly.

And then I'll build a man that she can weather any storm with.

End of story.

Thank you for keeping me in check, indie. I look forward to future dealings with you and all of the folks here.

S
S
I'll tell you one thing for nothing: your swearing gets right on my ****. I wish you'd show a bit of respect to this board and drop it.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
P
P
Originally Posted by SugarCane
I'll tell you one thing for nothing: your swearing gets right on my ****. I wish you'd show a bit of respect to this board and drop it.
It also feeds your anger. If you're truly sincere about recovering with your wife, you will stop it.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Prisca #2637412 06/19/12 12:17 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Okay. Point taken. I'll keep my aggressive vernacular to myself.

Page 20 of 36 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 465 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation