Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 92 of 104 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 103 104
P
P
Star. When the PD gets a complaint, they have to investigate. This guy is just going through the motions to cover his butt and be able to close the case.

Don't sweat it.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Lexxxy
"harassment" requires ONGOING contact with the purpose to threaten.
Its NOT a one-time event. The truth is on your side.
Be PROUD of what you did! Don't hide from it!

I told the detective that I am the real victim here, just trying to move on with my life. I don't have any desire to contact her or my husband. I exposed her on facebook and that it wasn't defamation, because everything I stated was true and I was only trying to put an end to the affair and protect my marriage, which is now in the process of divorce.

I don't feel I harrassed her at all. I did email her to ask for her version of what happened, but that was a while back and how is that harrassment anyway? She never responded.

M
M
It's a whole lotta nothing...

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
It's a whole lotta nothing...

I hope so....I just don't need anymore stress in my life!
She's the one that harrassed, messed around with a married man and contacted him to come up to Boston for a visit. She is the one that is causing trouble...not me! This is ridiculous!!!

S
OP Offline
S
Makes me detest WH that much more....I cannot stand him for what he has done! He had made my life a living HELL! I'm not one to wish bad things on people, but I hope Karma takes care of the both of them! I just want to move on with my life....no drama! I still have his handwritten letter detailing every disgusting detail of the one night stand. I'm sure there are some missing parts, but I have it in his own writing and he named her. I have proof that she and my husband had an affair and that's ok....Now she's the victim? I don't think so....I AM THE VICTIM HERE AND NOBODY ELSE! Calling her a victim is just hysterical to me....

V
V
Why not offer to fax this hand written confession to the detective? She won't at all be able to blame you in any way as it's in your WH's handwriting. The detective may even get a little chuckle out of informing the OW what he has in his possession.

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

S
OP Offline
S
I just looked up the laws in MA and it states that adultery is a felony. I could have her prosecuted for committing adultery with my husband!

http://www.massbar.org/publications/section-review/2004/v6-n2/is-adultery-still-a-crime

Granted....the affair happened in Colorado, but she is from MA.
He's been to Boston for business, so it could've happened there too...I have no idea. I really think it might've been just in Colorado though. I think they met there for the first time.

I have not harrassed her in anyway, so this is just ridiculous! My blood is boiling right now.

I
I
Starfish, easy.

This simply means your exposure WORKED.

If it had missed the mark, do you think shed be making busy work for jobsworth cops?

No!

This means it hurt her and continues to hurt her.

Otherwise she wouldn't be lashing out in this laughable way.

Pats on the back for you are in order, I think.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
OP Offline
S
The case is being dropped. He has copies of emails that she sent to him (fb) Dear family and friends of OW#2, which he states is incriminating evidence, but he has a huge case file and is dropping the case. He contacted the "victim" aka OW#2 and said that I agreed to never contact her again.

WH sent me an email at work and asked me, "What did you do?"

SERIOUSLY???

This is ridiculous! I wouldn't wish this additional stress on any BW/BH. I would definitely be cautious in the future with these exposure letters. I had to take (3) xanax today to deal with all of the stress of this. The last thing I need is to be in trouble with the law for two despicable dirtbags that decided to destroy the life of an innocent woman who was faithful, trusted and loved her husband with everything she had!

I cannot wait to get this divorce over with! I just want to be rid of him! The job is really stressing me out too and now I've had to supply him with a key to our home. He is supposed to be giving me a 12-24 hr. notice before entering the home. I'm not going to be able to keep anything personal at the house, notes, papers from lawyer, etc. I just want to get out of that house as soon as I can. I want to get on with my life. This is the most painful thing I've ever experienced in my life.

Karma will take care of WH and all of his whores....I'm done!

Last edited by starfish75; 06/20/12 01:33 PM.
S
S
SF, take a deep breath and calm down.

First off, no detective can do ANYTHING about any FB exposure. Seriously. It is possible that OW is friends with this detective, I have seen that happen before. OW is purposely trying to rattle you. Don't let her!

Next, WH should not be able to email you, that's a hole that needs to be plugged.

My STBX has been making my life miserable in this divorce but he is blocked and I try to compartmentalize that part of my life as much as I can. Vent and then try to let it go and only worry about what is deemed a real problem.

If you don't plug up that hole and leave that job, I am sorry to tell you that this detective calling you is nothing compared to the hell that your STBX will most likely make your life if he can get thru to you....

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
I
I
Nonsense. The cop never had a case. That's why he's 'dropping' it. He's a jobsworth covering his backside like Pokerface said.

Its COMMON for OPs to contact police. My OW got laughed out the police station. They usually do.

Mostly cops do that, but occasionally you get one whose scared they'll get into trouble for not investigating..

So he's dumped the stress on you instead. Chivalrous.

Forget about him.

I hope you didn't respond to WHs email.

Why isn't he blocked?

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
OP Offline
S
I cant block him at work

P
P
Originally Posted by starfish75
The case is being dropped. He has copies of emails that she sent to him (fb) Dear family and friends of OW#2, which he states is incriminating evidence, but he has a huge case file and is dropping the case. He contacted the "victim" aka OW#2 and said that I agreed to never contact her again.

This is BS! I can almost guarantee you that this "detective" is a friend to OW2 and called you up as a scare tactic. Incriminating evidence? Yeah, against her for the crime of adultery. You did nothing wrong. Period. Your letter was no crime and that detective knows it. He told you that BS to scare you and to appease his friend. I wonder what would happen if you asked to go up the chain of command about this. I'm betting he would change his tune drastically. This is outrageous.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
Agree with PM 100%. I am trying to remember the other poster w/n the last year this happened to. It was almost this exact same scenario....

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by princessmeggy

This is BS! I can almost guarantee you that this "detective" is a friend to OW2 and called you up as a scare tactic. Incriminating evidence? Yeah, against her for the crime of adultery. You did nothing wrong. Period. Your letter was no crime and that detective knows it. He told you that BS to scare you and to appease his friend. I wonder what would happen if you asked to go up the chain of command about this. I'm betting he would change his tune drastically. This is outrageous.

I contacted my attorney and she said the same thing...that it was probably a friend. She told me not to answer any more questions from the detective and to let him know that he could contact my attorney. She isn't very happy! I doubt he will call me again. I wish all of these psychos would leave me the hell alone!

The pastor from the church called me back and is going to call me tomorrow about setting up a meeting. He asked me a lot of questions about WH and if he was attending church with another woman. I told him no, but he is still committing adultery AND attending church. I should hear back from him tomorrow.

S
OP Offline
S
I wish I had never met him. He is the reason that all of these psycho bitche$ are in my life. Why can't they just leave me alone? Did they all not inflict enough pain into my life already? Do they really need to twist the sword deeper into my heart? What is wrong with people? What did I do to deserve all of this?????

S
S
Can you talk to your HR about getting your WH blocked from your email addy? Let them know that you wish to remain professional in the workplace, and by blocking your WH, you can maintain that professionalism. I still think you should get a different job.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
I'm not able to block his email for many different reasons, but the main reason is that he accidentally gets some of my emails because our last name is the same and the first letter of his name comes before mine in the alphabet. It doesn't happen very often, but still happens and if I don't receive these emails from other co-workers and respond, there could be a huge problem with one of my customers!

This was the first time he has emailed me since I've been back.

I'm starting to agree with you about the job situation. I'm trying my best to tough it out, but it's difficult on certain days. My co-workers think I'm doing amazing and nobody wants me to leave.

S
S
Your co-workers may think you are doing amazing, but we know how much better you could be doing without being exposed to WH or OW.

It's a death by a thousand cuts. Your life, your choice. You can't be in Plan B when you have contact, even visual with your WH.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
I wish I had never met him. He is the reason that all of these psycho bitche$ are in my life. Why can't they just leave me alone? Did they all not inflict enough pain into my life already? Do they really need to twist the sword deeper into my heart? What is wrong with people? What did I do to deserve all of this?????

Agree with Scotty.

WHen I read the above post, the thought I had was: Those feelings have more to do with not being in Plan B than they have to do with WH...

You can't change the past, but you can control the present and the future....

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Page 92 of 104 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 433 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation