Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
M
Originally Posted by JThom
Hmmm, but wouldn't discussing my M (a very personal topic) with women (i.e. you) on this site constitute poor boundaries?
There are no one-on-one situations here and there are no posts that are hidden. All posts are available to be viewed and commented on by either gender.

PM's are disabled so no personal interaction can occur between members of the opposite sex. Email addresses are not permitted to be displayed so no member can inadvertently expose themselves to the possibility of unwanted attention. It's set up that way so posters can get the most help in a safe atmosphere.

Have you read any of the articles on this site? Talking in a forum such as this is a healthy example of good boundaries, not poor ones. An example of poor boundaries is talking to a co-worker of the opposite sex about personal marital issues. See the difference?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
"working on" is code for "doing nothing."

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
P
P
Hmmm, but wouldn't discussing my M (a very personal topic) with women (i.e. you) on this site constitute poor boundaries?

Originally Posted by indiegirl
Request male responses if you like, we have many great MB husbands on the site.

One pretty good male has posted to you several times, in fact.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

J
JThom Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Reply to suggestion about W reading this thread. I quote: "You're still reading THAT??!?" and "No, I don't have the time or interest to read any threads on there."

Also, maritalbliss posted questions without having read the thread herself wherein are the answers to those questions.

Employer knows people have personal conversations in the workplace, doesn't bother himself with content. It's not like we talk about this stuff all day, we have work to do. It gets done. Employer happy.

Have a nice evening...

S
S
t/j: Darn it! My plan for "working on the gym schedule" is NOT working! Code has been compromised. end t/J.

P
P
Reply to suggestion about W reading this thread. I quote: "You're still reading THAT??!?" and "No, I don't have the time or interest to read any threads on there."

This does not pass the *sniff test* skeptical

J
JThom Offline OP
OP Offline
J
What ev. You don't know me or my W. When I started reading HNHN years ago (SHE gave it to me when we got M'd!), she read part of it with me, decided it was "male chauvanistic" and lost interest.

I've been working on trying to be a better H, meet her EN's (I guess since "working on" means "doing nothing" to you all, that doesn't mean anything to you) while her POV is that everything is "just fine". We've had our ups and downs, mostly ups (including now). I can't say that I've adopted MB principles with the religious fervor many in this forum have, but I see them as mostly true and certainly useful. The Love Bank is just a concept, a map into the reality of how American (or perhaps Western) M's work, but doesn't necessarily apply to all cultures, IMHO.

This thread has wandered far from my original question, though, which I feel was answered sufficiently to help me make the decision I did to butt out, so I don't see the need for me to continue it. If I feel the need to post about my own M, I'll start a new thread in the apropriate topic area. Meantime, peace y'all...

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 671 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation