Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
N
N
Can someone offer support and assistance without making me feel like the lowest piece of pond scum on this board...

You're somewhat caught in a snare of your own making, friend. The (only) "support and assistance" that is going to be found here is very much similar (if not identical) to that previously provided - that you chose to reject.

As many times as you ask, that same content, possibly packaged or positioned differently, is going to be offered. Our goal is not to berate you, or beat you down with our adamant advocacy of what is in effect the MB Program. It is entirely to reinforce that the elements we recommend are, in concert, the best (only?) way to extract you from what even you can now see is an unacceptable marital existence.

As an aside: The best way to deal with "pond scum on a board" is to remove it from the festering swamp in which it lies. Let us help you out, kiddo. Stop saying. "No!" and start asking, "How?"

B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
My hubby and I ordered all the materials from the Marriage Builders website. Those materials are sitting in a drawer.
Mistake No. 1.

My hubby acted like a spoiled brat, having temper tantrums over nonsense. He was smashing things and scaring me. I kicked him of the house.
Because of Mistake No. 1. He never ended the affair and/or you never addressed the issues that caused the affair in the first place. Am I wrong?

We were separated for several weeks and reconciled in March.
I think it would be more accurate to say that you kicked him out and then took him back. You didn't "reconcile'. You just took him back. Hence your continued problems. Nothing was changed.

So you continue to allow him to abuse your marriage by spending no time with you, drinking with young women and buddies, and who knows what else.

It has been difficult to restore intimacy. My hubby doesn't pressure me, but I know he's not happy that we're not the way we used to be when we first met and fell in love.
It is difficult to restore intimacy when your husband is out drinking and is spending next to no time with you. That wasn't how it was when you first met and fell in love, correct? If you want to rebuild your marriage, that will need to change.

Have you considered Plan B?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 468 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation