Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 47 of 67 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 66 67
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Originally Posted by FightTheFight
And January. And we have been coaching with Jennifer.

It always seems to come back to money when we talk about it. It's not just having enough to go out ourselves, but it's having enough to go out AND do those other things with friends.

Did you have a question answered on the show on 8-23?

No it wasn't me. I am interested to see what Dr. H has to say to Markos about saving money though when that is available. Was this along the same lines?

Me (42)
Her (43) - feuillecouleur

DS(11)
DD(7)

Married: June 24, 2000

Recovered
B
B
No it wasn't, but I have markos show in my notes.

I don't know what I missed but I had your name down for the 8-23 show. I obviously had the wrong name. I knew it wasn't you because the BH ended up having an affair and that's why I was so confused, but

Now I wonder whose show I noted???

Here it is.
Radio Clip

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

F
OP Offline
F

maybe it was for FindingTheLight ?

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
M
M

maybe it was for FindingTheLight ?

I think there needs to be a moratorium on new usernames that start with F - you guys all look alike to me! smile

(Could be worse - there's been several dozen hopes and phoenixes.)

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
After dinner we went by Home Depot and bought some vinyl tiles, came home and tiled the entry way. Pretty good night.
If you want to make a really romantic statement, you should use ceramic tile!

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by mrEureka
After dinner we went by Home Depot and bought some vinyl tiles, came home and tiled the entry way. Pretty good night.

We'll do that in the new house. We are just trying to get this one ready to sell. smile

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
M
M
Originally Posted by mrEureka

I believe I made a huge love bank deposit buying vinyl tile last year. smile

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Although now that I think about it, we bought some ceramic tile, too.

F
OP Offline
F

I don't know what I missed but I had your name down for the 8-23 show. I obviously had the wrong name. I knew it wasn't you because the BH ended up having an affair and that's why I was so confused, but

Here it is.
Radio Clip

I see you figured it out. I just got a chance to click on the link when I got home and I recognized the story.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
B
B

Here it is.
Radio Clip

I see you figured it out. I just got a chance to click on the link when I got home and I recognized the story.
Yes thanks to markos help.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

F
OP Offline
F
Well, her needs list has changed. It is now:

1. FC
2. RC
3. FS
4. DS
5. AD

I'm not sure what to think about that but that's what it is at this point in time. I guess I need to rearrange what I have been doing.

As for UA time, this past week we got 13 out of the home and another 5 at home. So that's 18. It was a struggle this week because our youngest got up in the middle of the night every day last week.

This week, we have the same thing scheduled. We'll see how it goes.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
G
G
FTF,

Except for AD, all things OM could/would not supply.

From the descriptions you gave it sounds like OMs waning interest in sex with your W must have been painful for her, so I'm not sure she even got AD from OM.

God Bless
Gamma

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Gamma
FTF,

Except for AD, all things OM could/would not supply.

From the descriptions you gave it sounds like OMs waning interest in sex with your W must have been painful for her, so I'm not sure she even got AD from OM.

God Bless
Gamma

If that's the case, then how could she be "in love" with him?

I believe the standard response would be that she is not interested in having her more intimate emotional needs met by me at this time which explains the lack of them on the current list. (IC, AF, SF)

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
M
M
Interesting that family commitment now tops the list - one of the most important things I could do for Prisca when she was withdrawn was to arrange family activities. Usually having a good time as a family was a good way to start breaking the ice.

Do you guys schedule 15 hours a week for family commitment?

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by markos
Interesting that family commitment now tops the list - one of the most important things I could do for Prisca when she was withdrawn was to arrange family activities. Usually having a good time as a family was a good way to start breaking the ice.

We don't really schedule it. It's a given we will be with them every evening and we usually do something on Saturday or Sunday or both. This past Saturday we went to Chuck e Cheese because the local festival we had planned on going to got rained out.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
M
M
Originally Posted by markos

We don't really schedule it. It's a given we will be with them every evening and we usually do something on Saturday or Sunday or both. This past Saturday we went to Chuck e Cheese because the local festival we had planned on going to got rained out.

Those sound good - you might quietly measure the time involved and see how many hours are really being spent.

F
OP Offline
F
Just got through reading mywifeilove's thread from 6 or 7 years ago. It was a really interesting and inspiring story.

Just got me thinking about my own R with my W and realizing we are no where near where they ended up yet. If you haven't read it and have the time, it is an interesting read but a long thread. In a nutshell, his W had an affair, moved out, and he was able to do a long but great Plan A, and then a rather short Plan B at the end to win her back.

It almost seemed to me that they had to go through that process to reconnect and come out together on the other end.

I was just thinking on my own situation and how I handled things after D-Day up until today and wonder if I didn't do it all wrong.

i think maybe my wife harbors a lot of resentment about the way I reacted and may have a lot to do with why she isn't really on board with MB even. I think she sees it as a way for me to control her. Not sure how to re-frame this whole thing into something we are doing TOGETHER because we both want to, not because I'm making her do it.

Does that make sense?

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
K
K
Whoops, wrong thread. Disregard.

Last edited by karmasrose; 09/28/13 07:24 PM.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
C
C
Just got through reading mywifeilove's thread from 6 or 7 years ago. It was a really interesting and inspiring story.

Just got me thinking about my own R with my W and realizing we are no where near where they ended up yet. If you haven't read it and have the time, it is an interesting read but a long thread. In a nutshell, his W had an affair, moved out, and he was able to do a long but great Plan A, and then a rather short Plan B at the end to win her back.

It almost seemed to me that they had to go through that process to reconnect and come out together on the other end.

I was just thinking on my own situation and how I handled things after D-Day up until today and wonder if I didn't do it all wrong.

i think maybe my wife harbors a lot of resentment about the way I reacted and may have a lot to do with why she isn't really on board with MB even. I think she sees it as a way for me to control her. Not sure how to re-frame this whole thing into something we are doing TOGETHER because we both want to, not because I'm making her do it.

Does that make sense?
FtheF:
Are you saying if you had "done it differently" FC might harbour less resentment? Or she might be more on board with MB program?

That actually sounds a bit manipulative/controlling to me. You can only control YOU. She controls her actions.

But then, I haven't read the thread you are referring to yet. Maybe I will feel differently once I do.

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
H
H
Originally Posted by catwhit

Does that make sense?
FtheF:
Are you saying if you had "done it differently" FC might harbour less resentment? Or she might be more on board with MB program?

That actually sounds a bit manipulative/controlling to me. You can only control YOU. She controls her actions.

But then, I haven't read the thread you are referring to yet. Maybe I will feel differently once I do.

If making more deposits than withdrawals is "manipulative," then yeah.

You better believe that we can "manipulate" our spouses by making large, consistent Love Bank balances and avoiding withdrawals. We can "manipulate" them into falling in Love with us!

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
Page 47 of 67 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 66 67

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 963 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation