Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 83 of 108 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 107 108
V
V
ML, I know Mr. Wondering isn't a divorce lawyer, but if memory serves he is in Michigan. Perhaps he has some pointers (or connections) on the best way this could be handled.

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

M
M
Originally Posted by Viper
ML, I know Mr. Wondering isn't a divorce lawyer, but if memory serves he is in Michigan. Perhaps he has some pointers (or connections) on the best way this could be handled.

He is on vacation and is unreachable. crazy

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
adultery law in MIchigan.

THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (EXCERPT)
Act 328 of 1931

750.30 Adultery; punishment.

Sec. 30.

Punishment�Any person who shall commit adultery shall be guilty of a felony; and when the crime is committed between a married woman and a man who is unmarried, the man shall be guilty of adultery, and liable to the same punishment.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Ephesians 5:11-13
11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
W
OP Offline
W
Now if I charge my wife with adultery, I doubt I will win her back, but if you look at the law " a man who is unmarried, the man shall be guilty of adultery, and liable to the same punishment"

I read an article from 2012, that a Portage Police Sgt. was fired for adultery, he didn't get charged with it. The court ruled for him to get his job back, but demoted, however hehasn't returned, hes waiting on a higher court ruling.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by wifedivorcing
Mel, I'm trying to think how I can stand up against them. How in the world is all this ever going to get my wife back. I don't even know who she is anymore. I'm just in an awww, I don't even know what to do. PLan A or Plan B, Give her the divorce and just move on.

The problem is that you now have to defend yourself legally because of their full on assault. Defending yourself legally may not get your wife back, but you can't just roll over. They will destroy you.

You would be perfectly within your rights to just divorce her and move on, though. No one would fault you for that. I don't think I have EVER seen such an evil wayward in all my years on this board.

You never seen my ex-wfe, well wait a minute, yes you have LOL. She is th master mind behind all of this. My wife jut sucked into her trap, she should be ashamed of herself. Would this be something if I beat the PPO charge him with adultery and I get my wife back, what are the odds. This is my ex-wife all the way. She is justifying herself 8 yrs later.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
When I take a day away from chaos, my wife thinks I'm crazy like bi-polar, because I don't want to deal with it. So I guess continue to plan A. I did all the way until she drove off. I almost want her to have this POSOM, so he can show his true colors. I'm telling you I was told to fight for this family by God, a little old PPO isntgoing to scare me. I can't help someone wants to hand out flyers or even walk on the sidewalk with a sign STOP THE ADULTERY OM.

Plus I'm going to file the criminal charges on him.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

V
V
Why not let your WW know that you are filing charges against both of them for adultery tomorrow? It's an archaic law that hasn't been prosecuted for a long time, but with your (and she knows this) connections, you could believably sell it to them both.

They're just trying to intimidate you, so turn the tables a bit and watch them sweat and wallow for a while.

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

M
M
When I take a day away from chaos, my wife thinks I'm crazy like bi-polar, because I don't want to deal with it. So I guess continue to plan A. I did all the way until she drove off. I almost want her to have this POSOM, so he can show his true colors. I'm telling you I was told to fight for this family by God, a little old PPO isntgoing to scare me. I can't help someone wants to hand out flyers or even walk on the sidewalk with a sign STOP THE ADULTERY OM.

Plus I'm going to file the criminal charges on him.

Bravo!! hurray

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T
WD,

What is happening to you lately is almost unbelievable. I will offer a prayer for you and your situation tomorrow at Mass.

Since you have the privilege of consulting personally with Dr. Harley, I would suggest you just lay low through the rest of the weekend until you can contact him on Monday. Your concern is valid - stay in Plan A or implement Plan B. If you do file against your W and the OM, it seems that continuing the A would be fruitless. However, that's why you need Dr. Harley's advice. I believe you mentioned that you have an upcoming appt. with an attorney - I would suggest you hasten this as much as you can so that you legal counsel. I suspect that you're also going to have to prepare yourself for a meeting with your supervisor regarding what is going on.

The above three things would be my primary concerns over the next several days if I was in your situation. I hope that you resist some of the crazy-quilt suggestions, such as picketing his church or place of business and attempting to manufacture 'witness sightings of her in OM's neighborhood by onlookers. This would just demonstrate that his order of protection is valid.

In the meantime, watch a John Wayne or even a Clint Eastwood film, take your daughter out for a nice pizza dinner, etc. to get through this weekend.

Tom

P
P
WD,
I've been following your thread closely and I'm rooting for you. I know firsthand just how devastating and difficult all of this is. Never forget that the Lord is with you regardless of what happens with your marriage. I will keep you in my prayers.

DDay - July 25, 2013
DDay #2 - January 27, 2014
DDay #3 - June 29, 2014
BS - Me, 39
WW - Her, 36
5 kids
Married 17 yrs.
M
M
Originally Posted by Tom2010
The above three things would be my primary concerns over the next several days if I was in your situation. I hope that you resist some of the crazy-quilt suggestions, such as picketing his church or place of business and attempting to manufacture 'witness sightings of her in OM's neighborhood by onlookers. This would just demonstrate that his order of protection is valid.

I disagree that any of those things demonstrate that his RO is valid. What is not "valid" is depriving a US citizen of his constitutionally protected free speech rights. It is not legitimate to restrain a US citizen from exposing an adulterer. WD has a GOD GIVEN right, that is protected by the US constitution, to speak the truth. We live in America and we have a right to peaceful protest. Our rights are not abolished just because a vile, filthy adulterer does not like being exposed.

While I agree he needs to stand pat for now, none of those activities legitimize an RO and I find the very suggestion profoundly offensive.

Exposure 101

J
J
I'm not sure how fighting for a marriage is illegal. This POSOM has temerity. Go at those turkeys legally and get busy with your lawyer...right away.

As I mentioned earlier today, you have a very strong threshold of tolerance with your wife. For her to support that POS and his RO is sickening. How did you not throw up in your mouth?

T
T
Melody and WD,

I apologize for being incomplete in my above-expressed concern. I am NOT a lawyer, so this is from my own perspective. I agree that the PPO is bogus. However, my concern is that, now after the PPO has been issued, if he engaged in these activities, an aggressive prosecuting attorney or a not-too-bright judge, or in his case, an aggressive OM and WW could construe that the PPO is valid, and even more. I feel he is in a very sensitive position right now, and that is why I urge him to contact Dr. Harley and an attorney for specific advice.

Peace,

Tom

M
M
Originally Posted by Tom2010
Melody and WD,

I apologize for being incomplete in my above-expressed concern. I am NOT a lawyer, so this is from my own perspective. I agree that the PPO is bogus. However, my concern is that, now after the PPO has been issued, if he engaged in these activities, an aggressive prosecuting attorney or a not-too-bright judge, or in his case, an aggressive OM and WW could construe that the PPO is valid, and even more. I feel he is in a very sensitive position right now, and that is why I urge him to contact Dr. Harley and an attorney for specific advice.

Peace,

Tom

Thanks for the clarification. And I do agree. He lives in a 3rd world culture where there is no justice so he is at risk in anything he does.

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
I just had a 20 minute Plan A conversation with my wife. I talk to her how I would like to help her with going back to school, obviousley she put herself down saying she was only wanting to go back because she felt she was only second best. i told her how intelligent she is and how hard of a worker she is. She told me she has to put her SS first etc... (She will lose every man when She puts SS first)Its always the marriage first, kids second. If the marriage is full of love the kids will follow. She said we would never have enough money for her to go back to school, she is right, however with my promotion we could do it now. I just said I would be there for her if she wanted to go back to school. I told her I love her and SS very much, she told me it took her to file for divorce for me to change, I said you're right and its never to late to take this marriage and rebuild it. She said I just wanted to be left alone (so I can have my affair) It makes me wonder if I was clueless of the Affair if she would of filed for divorce or not. She said what about you following me around stalking etc... I just said if you just stop your affair we can move forward and part of the plan would be to make sure we are never put in this position to have to make a choice like this again. I told her thank you for cleaning the house, I appreciated it and it looks great, she said it wasnt bad because you kept it cleaned and I tought you well. I said thanks. she got frustrated and said the plan for my life that you won't include me in. I said its really not a plan but to take all of this and learn from it and build a loving marriage. She then said well I'm only going to talk about divorce so it looks like we have nothing to talk about. She said she had to go I told her to have a great night.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
During that 20 min conversation, I never mentioned the PPO.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by Justthe3ofus
I'm not sure how fighting for a marriage is illegal. This POSOM has temerity. Go at those turkeys legally and get busy with your lawyer...right away.

As I mentioned earlier today, you have a very strong threshold of tolerance with your wife. For her to support that POS and his RO is sickening. How did you not throw up in your mouth?

I have always had a high tolerance. It hurts me deeply inside to know that she is supporting POSOM and the PPO, However I truly believe her guilt will get the best of her. She seemed a bit concerned with my job. I already talked to my union, there is no discipline with a ppo and i can get it dismissed or modified. See she thinks I'm off b/c of the department, I took this time off myself, she should worry about it. I'm not. I believe God will work this out for me, he knows i'm fightng the devil to get my marriage back.

When I look at this PPO and I see what I have done none of it fits, but they make these things to be given out like candy. Anyone comes to me about adultery and think there husband or wife is cheating, they got everything come to them.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
One other thing, I pulled a fuse on my car so it wouldn't start, she came outside and said wow whats wrong I said I don't know. I took her car so I could reposition the GPS and put it in a better hiding spot. She mentioned what are you going to do, bug my car, I said yep...She really thinks I got someone following her, she keeps metioning it. The thing is if you're not having an affair then why are worried if someone is watching you...

Last edited by wifedivorcing; 04/12/14 09:35 PM.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

F
F
The bad news, I just got served with a PPO (restraining order) from POSOM....

I am sorry about the PPO. You don't want to be around that POS anyway. TEEF

...Why in the world doesn't anyone want to do the right thing anymore. I'm just sickened by the whole thing, I know they want me to back off. so they can continue there affair.

This is a BIG mystery.

Known helpers in my WS's affair:

- OW's 60+ y.o. mother supported her affair with my WH and vacationed with the affair couple and her grandson
- No less than four other adulteress colleagues assisted my husband's affair at some point
- One of WS's good friends turned a blind eye
- My MIL invited WS and OW to visit her in Europe
- When OW's father, 70 y.o. retired military, received the exposure letter I sent, he APOLOGIZED to OW for reading something so personal?????? What???

Affair supporters belong to a hideous club. I'm sorry that any BS has to be associated with it by proximity.

D-Day 1 - May 4, 2012

T
T
Hi Just,

I am 1,000% for each individual protecting his/her marriage from uncouth interlopers doing it legally. As I mentioned to Melody, my only concern is to not engage in activities that could be construed by some idiot judge as damning and illegal! In other words, you have to pick the time and place and means of battle wisely and not leave your flank unprotected, and not give anyone reason to perceive you as less than honorable. Unfortunately, there are still many people today, perhaps too many, who seem to get their jollies from castigating and bringing other people down. Not much different from the time of Christ, when the mob action of his own people and the politically-correct Pilate condemned him.

Tom

Page 83 of 108 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 107 108

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation