Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 54 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 53 54
X
X
Remember u have two precious kids and they do CARE abt u! They love u, and u need to be strong for them. You are doing the right thing to fight for ur marriage. those ppl can have their opinion and u don't live for them. U live for urself! Keep ur chin up! laugh

Me: BW, 36; WH: 37
Married 14 years
DD: 4yr, DS: 8 month
DD: 11/24/2013
Plan A (not properly done) since DD. Exposure to OW's friend and work on 03/25/2014. Lots of LBs.
Plan B (w/ MIL lives w/ me): started 4/4/2014. Exposed WH to most of our friends in early 05/2014.
Plan A before moving to CA as suggested by Dr Harley started 6/8/14.
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks xpbrain for the support. I felt a bit better after I vented all that out. I just hate seeing anyone from his family and being made out to be the bad guy all the time. I just want someone to be on my side for a change you know?

Me: FWW/BW - 38 yrs
XH: FBH/WH - 41 yrs
Plan B
DS: 9yrs old (with H)
DD: 20yrs old
Divorced Dec 2014
WXH still living with POSOW

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
R
OP Offline
R
That's very true xpbrain I don't live for them. I have to keep remembering that.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
I
I
Screw em!

Where do you think they are headed with THAT moral compass?

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

N
N
To ToriSpellingVille...where a wistress can say things like this:

"I miss having my best friend," said a tearful Tori on her way to see Dean in rehab. "That was just stripped from me. I had it for seven years and it was just gone one day."

Totally missing the irony that this is exactly what she and her AP did to both their spouses 7 years ago. Seven years is a very long time in the world of A's, and even longer in Hollywood. I suspect that without the cameras, this would have imploded even sooner.

Sorry you felt badly about getting the cut direct. Don't let yourself dwell on it. It was just showing you that you need to move. And there is no need to even think about waiting 2 years to move. You can move while in PB, and under the circumstances I strongly encourage it.

And ending PB doesn't mean you must go back into C. If you have a time that you're ready to close the door to R, fine and dandy. But you can still stay NC for your own sanity - it's just to keep the drama out of your life at that point, not to preserve a $LB any longer. By that time, you would be making decisions based on what's best and most convenient for YOU.

In all your decisions from now on, even the one where WH comes crying and begging, make it with the best interests of you and the kids in mind. I hope that day is far enough in the future that you will be strong and glowing. No matter what you want to do, don't crumble!!! Because of the extreme cruelty you've endured, and the length of time you've endured it, you will need to set the bar even higher than you would've otherwise. And if he won't GLADLY jump, you walk away without looking back.

Most likely that will be a problem for another day, but I do want you to keep on building a mindset and habit of care and protection for yourself and the kids, so that you don't end up tempted to leave yourself defenseless again.

And start working toward moving. You need to be in a better place, and even if WH came back today, right this minute, you'd need to make moving an urgent priority. And all those silly IL's are just making it fast and easy for you to realize that you need them out of your life. Your new, A-free life doesn't just exclude WH's and OW's, but also AF's...Affair Friends. If someone is a friend of adultery, they are no friend of yours.

Have a fabulous day. Go paint some toenails. smile

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
R
OP Offline
R
I know Indie. I just can't believe that so many people just condone and enable this. A whole family of around 20-30 people!

So I think I need to just go shopping further away now so I am highly unlikely to run into anyone.

How's things with you?

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
R
OP Offline
R
Hi Neak

So I've had a think and I am still staying Plan B. I won't be going Plan C. Been there done that and it got me nowhere. So for the moment I am Plan B. This could change in the future to Plan D, but not yet. I have a date in mind that I at least want to do this. It is less than the 2 years. I will re-evaluate like Indie said at this date.

I did feel a bit better after that vent. I was 'Phew, I got that out'.

I do want to move. I can't keep living in this house. I need to get my settlement done so I can move so will deal with this when I return from my holiday. I can't wait to get away from all the drama and just concentrate on myself and my son.

If WH comes back the bar will definately be high. One which includes NC with OW, and following MB principles and posting with me here to make our marriage the best it has ever been.

And of course I will be transparent with my life and have no opposite sex friends.

And another thing will be him having to stick up for me to his family and defending me. I will be happy to patch things up with his family as long as he is willing to show them that I am his wife and that I come first to him.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
R
OP Offline
R
Indie I'm up to Page 78 of your thread. You are one strong woman that's for sure!

Learning so much on here.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
R
OP Offline
R
So after my meltdown today I started packing my son's and I suitcases for Canada. I got so much done and got me excited to go away. Took my mind off things which was good.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
R
OP Offline
R
Big announcement what you've all been waiting for....I've chosen my new nail polish and buying tomorrow...researched online to find the perfect colour and name.

Colour: Bright pink.

And the name??? You're going to love this......

I'VE GOT THE POWER!!!

Rocksolid's going to be rocking!

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
R
OP Offline
R
p.s. Neak I used to like Tori back in 90210 days. But I don't like her so much anymore after what you wrote. I didn't know her and Dean were an affairage?

Is he an alcoholic or something?

All I heard recently is that they were swingers.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
D
D
**edit**

Last edited by Denali; 05/24/14 12:07 PM. Reason: TOS non MB advice

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path. Proverbs 3:5,6
N
N
I don't follow much of the HWood gossip. Since he was in rehab, obviously he has some kind of substance abuse problem. Swinging wouldn't surprise me, but I hadn't heard that before.

What I did know is they've been flaunting their adultery in front of the world for years, and now the world is watching an equally public breakup. Due to cheating.....go figure! I never woulda seen that one coming.

Your PINK sounds amazing. You do have the power!!!!!!

Just to clarify, I didn't think for a moment that you were going back into Plan C. You are Rocksolid Rockstar, not a waffle. grin

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks Neak. I appreciate you and everyone here steering me down the right path.

Annoys me when new people come and post mean spiteful comments but I will dust myself off from this and re group. I've owned everything I've done and will be a better person.

Thanks to my MB friends you all rock!

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
N
N
I didn't see the comment before it was deleted. I did notice that it was their first post. You so stirred someone that they signed up just to post to YOU!

There now, don't you feel better? grin

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
Apparently, Divinely Favored wasn't actually FAVORED by the divine. Or the mods. Might want to work on those personal assessment skills and self-image development.

tl

R
OP Offline
R
They basically said it serves me right that my WH had his affair and that OW is his saviour because I treated him so bad.

And that doing a 180 on him will just prove to him that I will walk out again.

Somebody has some learning to do.

Last edited by rocksolid; 05/24/14 08:39 PM.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
R
OP Offline
R
Oh and that my WH doesn't have a voice anymore because I took it away from him when I had my own A.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
B
B
Sorry rocksolid there are alot of people out there who condone infidelity.

Love the rockstar Pink nail polish!! laugh

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

N
N
I might have thought all those things once upon a time. Thankfully, I know better now.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Page 21 of 54 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 53 54

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 708 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation