Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our discussion forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 36 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 35 36
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Offline
Member
M
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by SFL
And what I'm going/saying isn't blackmail right? He said that earlier- "are you blackmailing me?"

Of course it's not blackmail, you are not extorting anything from him. You are graciously giving him an opportunity to get out of there on good terms since he has taken such a stupid risk with his career.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Offline
Member
M
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by SFL
Just sent him the text!

Good girl! hurray

Be sure and post his response. We will help you navigate his gas lighting.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 11,239
J
Member
Offline
Member
J
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 11,239
Originally Posted by SFL
And what I'm going/saying isn't blackmail right? He said that earlier- "are you blackmailing me?"

No, this happens very day.
Your husband isnt the first man to cheat and you arent the first woman to demand that he stop

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 395
I
Member
Offline
Member
I
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 395
It might be blackmail if you demanded payment to keep his dirty secret.

It isn't blackmail to tell him you intend to share the news regardless. And his leaving the job would simply be removing the point of telling.

Don't let him offer any kind of settlement terms, let your lawyer talk divorce you only talk marriage.

Of course you fully expect adequate support in the meantime. WITHOUT any strings attached.


Me 58: FWH (NC 32 yr), W 60, married 36 yr, DD 32
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 20,344
Likes: 3
B
Member
Offline
Member
B
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 20,344
Likes: 3
SFL,

What was his response?


FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.



Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 243
S
SFL Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
S
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Have you posted OW on www.cheaterville.com ?

EDIT: if you have not yet posted, do so now...while t
he "iron is hot"...internet exposure wreaks havoc in affairland!

I posted it last night!


BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 243
S
SFL Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
S
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
SFL,

What was his response?

No response. He didn't sleep at all last night (I wonder why?!) smile so he is probably zonked out. It's 11:15pm our time... I am turning in myself but will post his response as soon as I hear back.

So far the things he has been saying today:
- you are going to ruin everything I've been working so hard for.
- you shamed me. (In reference to me messaging his family.)
- I need to discover who I am again. (In reference to why we should divorce.)


BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 243
S
SFL Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
S
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by black_raven
(from Dr. Harley)
Even if a new job cannot be found in a month, I recommend waiting no longer to inform the employer, unless the unfaithful spouse has already resigned."

There's no qualifier about whether or not the WS is willing to recover the marriage.

I am still waiting for WS to come home. He will be here in about 30 minutes to wake the kids.

The line above "there is no qualifier about whether or not the WS is willing to recover the marriage" is something I am wondering about.

I texted exactly as Mel said, but I added in cut off OW completely and come home and do the program.

His attempt of gaslighting included earlier yesterday was "I am divorcing you so even if I lose my job that won't change."

Of course the ideal would be that he agrees to leave his job gracefully, stop all contact with OW and agree to do the program with me (and that is what he responded to last night by saying "is that the ultimatum?" and "Let me think about it, we'll talk about this tomorrow." )

Just wondering what I should say if he comes home saying he is planning on coming up with a way to leave the job because he can't have it over his head that I'll make the call and "ruin his career." but that he's still divorcing me?

that's kind of what he said yesterday at one point.... So I know he is terrified I'll make the call and he IS trying to figure out a way to leave the job- but still trying to hold on to OW and that we are divorcing.



BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 243
S
SFL Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
S
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 243
His response when he came home was:
"I will talk to my boss on Monday and leave my job, tone down my friendship with OW, but I will not do the program with you and we will figure out a way to be separate, divorced parents."


BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Offline
Member
M
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by SFL
His response when he came home was:
"I will talk to my boss on Monday and leave my job, tone down my friendship with OW, but I will not do the program with you and we will figure out a way to be separate, divorced parents."

SFL, that is just fine. You have got his agreement to leave the job. That remains to be seen. Just drop it for the rest of the weekend. When he leaves, make a plan to go into Plan B.

Just STICK to your guns about exposing at work because that is the KEY to a) saving your marriage and b) protecting your source of income and c) getting him away from the OW. If he stays there the affair will continue and he will likely get fired when the word gets out.

If he leaves the job the OW will most likely dump him anyway because she won't have his salary and he won't be there in Utah.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Offline
Member
M
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
And DO NOT negotiate any separation with him. Tell him you won't agree to anything, that you will just let the lawyers work all that out.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 243
S
SFL Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
S
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 243
He keeps on wanting to have a discussion and is acting horribly in front of the children. Very angry towards me. I said I don't have the power to ruin his career and he keeps on saying yes you do yes you do. Very angry. I am taking my oldest with me to their house because he just won't stop.


BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 20,344
Likes: 3
B
Member
Offline
Member
B
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 20,344
Likes: 3
Originally Posted by SFL
He keeps on wanting to have a discussion and is acting horribly in front of the children. Very angry towards me. I said I don't have the power to ruin his career and he keeps on saying yes you do yes you do. Very angry. I am taking my oldest with me to their house because he just won't stop.
Because he is trying to draw you into an argument to rationalize his affair.

Don't take the bait. Put on your best Plan A until he leaves.


FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.



Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 20,344
Likes: 3
B
Member
Offline
Member
B
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 20,344
Likes: 3
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
And DO NOT negotiate any separation with him. Tell him you won't agree to anything, that you will just let the lawyers work all that out.
Yup. Just say "I don't talk divorce/separation. I only will talk marriage/recovery."


FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.



Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Offline
Member
M
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by SFL
He keeps on wanting to have a discussion and is acting horribly in front of the children. Very angry towards me. I said I don't have the power to ruin his career and he keeps on saying yes you do yes you do. Very angry. I am taking my oldest with me to their house because he just won't stop.

You are doing great!! Just say "If your career is ruined it will be because of your affair. I am sorry you chose to have an affair at work."

Then refuse to discuss it anymore. Just leave and go elsewhere.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 243
S
SFL Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
S
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 243
Will do. He also keeps saying "i can't be nice to you because you have threatened me." (Saying I will expose if he doesn't leave on his own.)


BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Offline
Member
M
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by SFL
Will do. He also keeps saying "i can't be nice to you because you have threatened me." (Saying I will expose if he doesn't leave on his own.)

You aren't making any threats at all! You are making a PROMISE! laugh


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 395
I
Member
Offline
Member
I
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 395
His angry behavior can be twice as tiring for him as it is for you. Just keep acting like it is water off your back and avoid engaging him or taking the bait. If you don't engage, he only gets himself worked up. rant2 dramaqueen

Go somewhere else as needed. Plan A as best you can. You are the beautiful, self possessed, woman of substance! weightlifter

Let him worry about the job while YOU calmly get to your lawyer and file FIRST. weightlifter

All his emotional thrashing about will create chaos and conflict in affair land. dance2


Me 58: FWH (NC 32 yr), W 60, married 36 yr, DD 32
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,148
H
Member
Offline
Member
H
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,148
Your exposure has obviously had an incredible impact. He has gone from wanting to leave you for Utah, affair and job, to contemplating leaving his job. Keep it up! Take a walk with the children if it gets too much for you. Or go to the zoo with them or something, he can tag along if he want and if he tries to start a fight you say: "Can you believe what that monkey just did?"

Remember, if he is aggravated, you have hit the target. Stay calm and be your best self.


me, DH
all the children
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,448
S
Member
Offline
Member
S
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,448

Great job on the exposure, SFL! Yeah!! smile


Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
Page 19 of 36 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 106 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
purple17, cbm800, Dodo M, Kingpin, MikaylaVaux
71,729 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,547
Posts2,322,775
Members71,730
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2020, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.  |  Web Development by SunStar Media.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5