Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 611 of 613 1 2 609 610 611 612 613
thndrnltng #2854015 05/17/15 03:24 PM
N
N
Pio!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be wearing my Sturgis sweatshirt right now if I didn't have to throw it in the wash occasionally.

Mom, yes, Wall Drug is still around. I'm sure they still have bison burgers, as well.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Neak #2854016 05/17/15 03:29 PM
T
T
I don't think they sold bison burgers in the 50s, and if they did, it wasn't at the top of the vegetarian's list.

tl

thndrnltng #2854021 05/17/15 05:05 PM
N
N
sick sick puke

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Neak #2854022 05/17/15 05:05 PM
N
N
Sorry. That slipped out.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
thndrnltng #2854024 05/17/15 05:24 PM
D
D
Pio-

Me gusta que ha llegado de nuevo. Aqui falta los que hablan el espanol y siguen el mb. Yo no lo escribo suficiente.

Idaho gana si busca el costo de la vida bajo. El estado de Virginia es mas bonito y tiene mas aeropuertos. Parece que si continuen como seguidoras de sus ninas, Gemela y usted tendran que viajar mucho.

Espero que progresas con la Gemela cuado se reunen. Hay mucho que aprender. Que lastima que ella no le pone prioridad.

DidntQuit #2854033 05/17/15 09:03 PM
P
P
i know that i have done everything I know how to do to make this marriage successful.
Except actually following EPs.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Prisca #2854037 05/17/15 09:36 PM
P
OP Offline
P
I was never accused of following all the rules. One of my issues. Yes you are correct.

Hey Neak.

As I mentioned earlier, gemela never was interested in MB. She found posting distasteful. I think she is somewhat about not airing the dirty laundry in public.

There is a couple here and the guy cheated on the wife based on FB contact with okd flame. The guy is kind of a jerk anyway and I hated him for what he had done. I swallowed my pride and gave him HSHN and SAA. The result was truly amazing. He took it head on. I think he even posted here for a few weeks. They are a trye MB success.

I never considered us a total success but we did survive and were and are doing quite well. Year seven was hard on me for no particular reason. It just was. This last year has been a challenge because, sorry to sound selfish, there has just been nothing in it for me. That doesn't make me angry. It just made me wonder what the point was.

Yet hundreds of people here live as bachelors while family is elsewhere. Frog in the water. Ours was never planned to be long term. I put up with it because SIL painted me into a corner. Gemela definitely put SIL first.

piojitos #2854039 05/17/15 09:52 PM
J
J
Its unfortunate when the birth family is placed above marital family but it does happen.
Blood is thick!

Jedi_Knight #2854040 05/17/15 09:59 PM
P
P
but we did survive
Not even close.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Jedi_Knight #2854041 05/17/15 10:10 PM
P
OP Offline
P
I think this may be more true in Latin cultures. I'm not Latin so cannot say for sure. I did take three years of it in high school. Gallia omnis divisa est in tres partes. Those three years have served me well.

I doubt that I have ever mentioned this but here is my one problem with the whole affair. I can't remember if it was on MB or SI but I read an article or chapter of a book by a pretty well known guy that talked about EAs. He said that, unless an EA ran its course, that the woman would never be able to get completely over it. Well if that is true, then there is some part og gemela that still wishes things would have turned put differently. That the fun and romance would have continued forever. We all know that is impossible in reality but the dream can live. Gemela never had a lightbulb moment. I found little reminders for years. Little caches of cash hidden in different places that were the exact amount to buy a orepaid phone recharge card. When I reinforced the drawers in the dresser (which gemela asked me to do) and I found an envelope with pictures of pool boy and love notes. Those things. So some part of that unrequited love, however small, is still there. Asymptotically approaching zero but never able to get there. That is my issue. I can't remember the name of the Dr. Who wrote said article/book but I'm sure some of you have read it to.

piojitos #2854042 05/17/15 10:22 PM
J
J
You are referring to Surviving An Affair.
That is why Dr. Harley stresses the Importance of extraordinary precautions.
If she is saving love notes and pictures you have a problem.

piojitos #2854043 05/17/15 10:22 PM
P
OP Offline
P
A few years ago we did a road trip. Landed in Houston and rented a car. Drove to Graceland, DC, Philadelphia, NYC, Niagra Falls, Chicago and were headed to Keystone SD. Except for the cities, we would just drive as far as we could each day and stop at a motel alongside the highway. We crossed the state line in SD and saw the first Wall Drug billboard. I am not exaggerating when I say there must be over 1,000 WD billboards in that state. After awhile, I no longer cared about Mt Rushmore. I wanted to go to Wall Drug. That evening I got tired and checked the GPS and learned the next available hotel was 120 miles away so I stopped at some lazy little town thinking I would not have any problem getting a room in one of their dozen or so motels. I would have been right too if it had been any other of the 364 days in that year. I was just lucky enough to hit the Corn Palace Festival. Who knew?

Later we went to Vegas, Grand Canyon, Roswell, petrified forest, painted desert, San Antonio and finally back to Houston where I took. Solemn vow never to go on a road trip again.

Jedi_Knight #2854044 05/17/15 10:24 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Not Dr. Harley. I wish I could remember the guy's name. I believe Dr. Harley's point is that it can be overcome. This other guy was quite insistent that it cannot.

piojitos #2854045 05/17/15 10:26 PM
J
J
Originally Posted by piojitos
Not Dr. Harley. I wish I could remember the guy's name. I believe Dr. Harley's point is that it can be overcome. This other guy was quite insistent that it cannot.

Sir Dr. Harley is quite clear that the wayward spouse will often hold a positive love bank balance for the affair partner. That is why No Contact is so important.

piojitos #2854046 05/17/15 10:28 PM
J
J
A few years ago we did a road trip. Landed in Houston and rented a car. Drove to Graceland, DC, Philadelphia, NYC, Niagra Falls, Chicago and were headed to Keystone SD. Except for the cities, we would just drive as far as we could each day and stop at a motel alongside the highway. We crossed the state line in SD and saw the first Wall Drug billboard. I am not exaggerating when I say there must be over 1,000 WD billboards in that state. After awhile, I no longer cared about Mt Rushmore. I wanted to go to Wall Drug. That evening I got tired and checked the GPS and learned the next available hotel was 120 miles away so I stopped at some lazy little town thinking I would not have any problem getting a room in one of their dozen or so motels. I would have been right too if it had been any other of the 364 days in that year. I was just lucky enough to hit the Corn Palace Festival. Who knew?

Later we went to Vegas, Grand Canyon, Roswell, petrified forest, painted desert, San Antonio and finally back to Houston where I took. Solemn vow never to go on a road trip again.

Ive been on lots of road trips.
Last one was across country with my 3kids to Disneyland.
Encountered a tornado and a few other issues. Had a couple prostitutes knock on our motel door one night.
But what does road trips have to do with your situation ?

Jedi_Knight #2854047 05/17/15 10:34 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Late one night just west of Cleveland about 10:30 i was dead tired. We stopped at a Super 8. Five AM the headboard in the next room was pounding the wall and a woman was becoming very emotional in the moment. We left the parking lot about 5:15. Fortunately we didn't leave anyone behind.

piojitos #2854048 05/17/15 10:36 PM
J
J
Late one night just west of Cleveland about 10:30 i was dead tired. We stopped at a Super 8. Five AM the headboard in the next room was pounding the wall and a woman was becoming very emotional in the moment. We left the parking lot about 5:15. Fortunately we didn't leave anyone behind.

Ive been all over that region.
You were probably on that toll highway.

piojitos #2854050 05/17/15 10:44 PM
P
OP Offline
P
DidntQuit,

Nosotros hemos podido viajar. Creo que las ni�as han estado en 27 o 28 pa�ses. DD1 tiene una m�s debido a que se fue a Nepal con un groupo de la escuela. Uno de los beneficios. Perdoname por mi espa�ol. Est� un poquitito oxidado. Estos d�as de viaje se nos est�n acabando y pasamos a otra etapa de la vida. Posiblemente vamos a las Islas Caim�n a pasar la Navidad. Las ni�as estar�n de vacaciones y no quiero traerlas por aca. Tienen ganas de bucear y el vuelo no es muy costoso. Personalmente odio a viajar despu�s de todos los a�os y ya no aguanto los aeropuertos.

Jedi_Knight #2854051 05/17/15 10:48 PM
P
OP Offline
P

There was another big drug store besides Wall. I can't remember the nam but it had almost as many billboards. We stopped there too. Both were interesting. I got to Sturgis the week after the rally. The town was dead but I bought a lot of cheap t-shirts that were otherwise being packed up and shipped. Sturgis rally is one of my few bucket list items remaining.

piojitos #2854052 05/17/15 10:55 PM
J
J

There was another big drug store besides Wall. I can't remember the nam but it had almost as many billboards. We stopped there too. Both were interesting. I got to Sturgis the week after the rally. The town was dead but I bought a lot of cheap t-shirts that were otherwise being packed up and shipped. Sturgis rally is one of my few bucket list items remaining.

Its just a party of drunkenness and wet t-shirt contests.
I think your time may be Better invested in your marriage.

Page 611 of 613 1 2 609 610 611 612 613

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation