Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 85 of 85 1 2 83 84 85
B
B
Originally Posted by TranquilDark
Not much to add still married, unfortunately and trying to get a divorce done and over with. As for WW, I haven't heard anything from her but the in laws text occasionally. I do not know where WW is, either. Son is good loves our new surroundings and thriving. He's an avid reader at 6 years old and loves video games. Starting him in karate soon, he's an A and B student.

As for myself I'm feeling awesome, hopefully will be promoted sometime soon. Been actively running and completed a 10k last month. Other than that I lurk on the boards and read others struggles. I also re read Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders and Surviving the Affair from time to time. Been a solid Plan B.
Any updates TD??

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

D
Darkguy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Came to post an update. Nothing much going on status quo still the same. Attempting to get the divorce finalized but I am getting some resistance from WW side. I still have custody and my son recently wanted to speak with his mother again. Sometimes she talks to him and ask him about me and also tries to get me on the phone.

I spoke with my son and let him know I do not wish to speak to her and he understands. So just waiting for my divorce to go through so I can move on with my life. Son is doing really well in martial arts and school.

I am doing well as well put on some weight but nothing a good half marathon couldn't fix. Started college and hope to earn my degree before I retire from the military other than that Plan B has been calm and peaceful (thankful for that). Thanks to everyone who supported and advised me on this mess. Since I have learned MB principles, I spot married people on the prowl quite easily now. The expectations of husband and wife to people who don't know MB is crazy. This program is quite radical and common sense but most folks don't know any better.

I also find myself super-sensitive to movies, media, etc that deal with infidelity. Is this normal?

L
L
Originally Posted by TranquilDark
I also find myself super-sensitive to movies, media, etc that deal with infidelity. Is this normal?

Me too. I used to like the titillating details but now they just gross me out. I change the channel as soon as I can.

Me-BH, 47
Spouse-WW, 47
Married for 18 years
DS, 11
D-Day #1 - November 1998 (7 months after wedding)
False Recovery, 16 years
D-Day #2 - November 2015
WW filed for D - February 2016
A
A
Same here...they hurt to see and here now. Movies and shows with affairs.

BW, me - 44
WH - 47
Married 2.5yrs
EA 6-2015 estimate
PA 9-2015 estimate
D-day 11-22-2015
WH filed divorce 11-23-2015
Exposure 1-10-2016
D
Darkguy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Just a small update. I finally got the divorce finalized and I am now divorced. I still have custody of my son, who is 8 years old now. Ex-WW (feels great to type that!) is living with POS affair partner and they have a child together. She hasn't seen our son for over 3 years. In her defense she does live with POS OM in Hawaii. I have a question for post divorce forum members, so can I have this thread moved to the divorce section.

My question is that we shared a vehicle that she presently has and was found to be responsible for in the divorce decree. I tried calling the bank to have me remove but they refused to honor it. I'm close to buying a house and this charge off for this vehicle is hurting my credit. How do I remedy this?

T
T
Who was found to be responsible for the car in the divorce settlement?

D
Darkguy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
She was.

B
B
Thanks for the update TD. I think divorce in your situation is a success. How she has left her son is dispicable.

How is he doing? How are you doing?

If she's responsible for the car, what does your lawyer say about it?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

D
Darkguy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
My son and I are doing well. It misses his brother a lot but it cannot be helped. I haven't inquired with my lawyer as of yet. Divorce was filed in a state I do not reside in anymore. I'll shoot him an email about it. Yes I feel divorce is a success, the little interaction I do have with her has showed me she is still a selfish individual. My only regret is not having my step son around because I love him very much, and I feel his mother forbids him to interact with me.

K
K
How much older than DS8 is your stepson? Because I can definitely see emails coming your way once he's old enough to know how to properly clear browser history.

Last edited by karmasrose; 10/02/16 08:07 AM.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
D
Darkguy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
He's 13 going on 14. Could the admin move this to the divorced section?

J
J
TD,
I'm sorry to see that you've landed in this section of the site, but you have made the right choice, and you have given it your best. I hope that you are finding peace and joy with your son.

Best regards.

Page 85 of 85 1 2 83 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation