Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2904688 06/09/01 12:51 AM
G
Guarded Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Folks, I'm venting here. You can ignore this if you want because I'm rambling.<P>I asked my H, "Do I have the word STUPID stamped on my forehead? Do you think that I have an IQ of 0??"<P>OOOOHHHHH...<P>I just needed to type this or else I will scream and the entire neighborhood will hear me!

P
P
My husband is an idiot too. I know it, his family knows it - but when will he catch on? <P>I am now looking at this as something that 'needed to happen' in the big scheme of things. There is a reason. My husband needs to grow up and grow up he will...<P>hugs, Paint.

H
H
Been there, done that.....<P>We're here for you....

G
Guarded Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks Paint & hurting: I swear...the dumb stories my H sometimes comes up with to explain his actions are so ridiculous.<P>Even though I don't believe him, I told him, "Thank you for your honesty. Your honesty makes me feel confident about where our marital recovery is going and how much I can trust you."<P>Okay...I know I was being sarcastic. Right now, I don't care! I'm getting tired of Plan A and having to be the nice-guy all the time!

S
S
Let's see a few phrases to help cheer you up. <P>He's not the sharpest tool in the shed<P>Few sandwiches short of a picnic<P>He rode the short bus<P>add to the list for me! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] breath- refocus- let it slide [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><BR>

G
Guarded Offline OP
OP Offline
G
LOL Scared! I'm chuckling here. Hey, that's a good sign to be laughing, isn't it?

B
B
Adding to ScaredInNY's list:<P>He has the whole six-pack, he's just missing that little plastic thingy that holds it all together.<P>Survivor: Love it. Can you pull that off with a straight face? I can!<P>My favorite personal humor during an A story:<P>My WH (during a rare moment of honest communication): "Think there'll ever be a time when we can look back on this an find something, anything to laugh about?"<P>My response: "There already is."<P>WH: "What? Tell me one."<P>Me: "Ya know that pheromone oil you used to hide in your jacket pocket?"<P>WH (shocked look): "Yes, what about it?"<P>Me: "It's not pheromone oil any more... it's jalapeno oil."<P>WH: Silence. Just a "Thaaaat's why" look.<P>LOL... keep laughing. Some days it's all we have.

G
Guarded Offline OP
OP Offline
G
BH....this is great! I love the humor! In fact, I need it!<P>Ever since all this mess started, I rarely laugh anymore.<P>Honestly, our marriage is recovering pretty well. But it seems that my H is still afraid to tell me the truth on things. Sigh...

S
S
Hey, Scared gave me some ideas...here's another to add to the list:<P>The wheel is still spinning but the hamster died.

S
S
What fun! Can I add one???<P>He lives where the buses don't run.

S
S
When God was throwing intelligence down to the Earth, he was holding an umbrella.<P>

B
B
My favorite:<P>A prize short of the Cracker Jack box.<P>belld [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

G
Guarded Offline OP
OP Offline
G
HAHAHA! You folks have me in stitches!

S
S
I Like this!<P>Not the brightest light on the tree (use during the holidays)<P>Snow

H
H
A few fries short of a happy meal.<P>Lights or on but nobody is home.<P>This quoted from a post i saw this morning<BR>"Your village called, seems they are missing an idiot."<p>[This message has been edited by Heart's Cry (edited June 08, 2001).]

C
C
Why, if you think your spouses are such a joke and so stupid do you knock yourselves out to try to make the marraige work?

H
H
I think you missed the first word of the topic...vent.<P>Do you not say things out of frustration but not truly mean them? <p>[This message has been edited by Heart's Cry (edited June 08, 2001).]

T
T
cactus...<P>hmmmm, I could think of one for that. You picked THIS for your first post?????<P>The point here cactus, is to vent our anger and frustration here ... instead of at our ws's.<P>My H was abducted by aliens. Thankfully they returned him, I think they gave him a brain tune up.<P>Have a great day folks!<p>[This message has been edited by trace (edited June 08, 2001).]

C
cl Offline
C
Jalapeno Oil?! <BR>Geez, i think he wins the stupid award for the day! <BR>Sending one frying pan to Survivor......a really big cast iron fry pan. <BR>Story time ladies....a frined of mine was telling me about a great aunt that dies in an insane asylum in the early 1920s. I asked if she was truly insane, and what symproms did she have. Apparently her husband had a bad habit of stopping in at a female friend's house instead of coming home from work. The great aunt found out about it since the whole town was gossiping. One afternoon she was outside butchering a chicken for dinner and as he came thru the gate, she lost it. Major LB. She screamed at him and started chasing him around with the butcher knife. Neighbors got hold of her before she killed him. The courts found her to be insane and she died in the asylum a couple yrs later of old age. <BR>As I listened to the story I thought, she sounds perfectly normal to me! In fact I often honor her in my prayers.<BR>aloha, cl<P>ps.....feeling rather nasty today! Can ya tell!!!

H
H
IF that is in fact a true story I think it may be the saddest one I have ever heard.<BR>Imagine the sheer aloness she felt....oh thats sad..... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 360 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation