Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
OP Offline
J
Biggest one is something we use here at work with safety called "Take Two" Before you dive into trying to fix and issue step back and think about all the outcomes of each decision made

Jared
M
M
I will tell you it is very strange that a woman would want to divorce a husband who is perfectly willing to resolve his problems. That doesn't make alot of sense. We typically have a very, very hard time persuading women to separate from men who are not willing to resolve intolerable behavior. It can take years, even in marriage with physical abuse. Dr. Harley is a clinical psychologist and founder of Marriage Builders; here is what he says about this:

Originally Posted by Dr Bill Harley
" I've seen so many spouses lie about affairs, that when one spouse wants a separation, my best guess is that he or she is having an affair. I'm right almost every time.

Why would anyone need to be alone to sort things out? It makes much more sense to think that being separated makes it easier to be with their lover. Granted, there are many good reasons for a separation, such as physical or extreme mental abuse. But of all those I've seen separate, most have had lovers in the wings."
here

So you can see why I asked questions about possible infidelity. It usually is the case. I believe you have snooped but I would keep an open mind to the possibility.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
OP Offline
J
Biggest one is something we use here at work around safety "Take Two" Basically before jumping into fixing something immediately step back and go through the outcomes of each decision.

Jared
M
M
Originally Posted by jaredb0423
Biggest one is something we use here at work with safety called "Take Two" Before you dive into trying to fix and issue step back and think about all the outcomes of each decision made

One of the most effective techniques we have used [and it worked for me] are relaxation techniques. When I feel anger coming on, I trained my mind to immediately RELAX, essentially rewiring my brain. After awhile it comes naturally because rage is no longer the immediate reaction to frustration. A person who feels RAGE is temporarily insane so the objective is to bypass the part of the brain that signals rage and go to the part of the brain that controls problem solving.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
OP Offline
J
So do I ask her again about it?

Jared
G
G
The answer will be 'no' either way, so there's no use asking her. You need to find out yourself.

If you meant asking about an affair.

Last edited by goody2shoes; 11/14/19 11:10 AM.
M
M

She will say no. They always say no.

Exposure 101

J
OP Offline
J
OKay

Jared
M
M
Jared, do you have access to her phone bills? Have you checked the bills? Are you able to go back into your house?

Exposure 101

M
M
If she is having an affair, we could help you save your marriage. We can help you either way, but the advice we give you will be completely ineffective is there is a hidden affair.

Exposure 101

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 293 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation