Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
C
Well, if you can manage it, and leaving your kids with their dad & SM isn't completely unpalatable option, I wouldn't worry about the younger people, you never know who you might meet [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Hopefully it's not late spring or summer, the mosquitos down there sometimes have FAA identifiers on them. ouch (we used to call them jaws with wings)<P>I don't have any good survival tips, I just learned to get used to being hungry & dirty & eaten alive by the local population. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Sounds like a really cool opportunity!<P><P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

L
L
Hey Cooker - I was driving down Greenbrier Parkway last week and drove by your restaurant!!! (Cooker's). Is that where you got your handle?

C
C
Nope, I've been c00ker a lot longer than that. I like to "cook" the tires on my car on twisty roads and the occasional off ramp, leading the unsuspecting soccer mom in her "subhuman" following me, unsuspecting, to her cell phone trance induced doom [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>BTW, I live just off Greenbrier, behind the mall. I drive a little blue convertible, unremarkable save for her roll bar and propensity to "shake her tail" [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

L
L
I really love all the new stores that have gone in the last few years on Greenbrier. Like Target (my favorite store!!) and Barnes and Noble and Best Buy, etc. That's one thing you can say about Va. Beach and Chesapeake - there are enough stores to keep even the most diehard shopaholic happy!!<P>Have you been to the ice rink? I haven't gone there yet, but want to, even though I would probably fall on my butt the first two seconds on the ice. It has been way too long since I last went ice skating!

C
C
Definitely, Hey Lady, if you'd like, my e-mail is skeeebums@home.com<P>This place has definitely grown up [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

S
S
okay guys - <P>what about the ladies who manage the business where guys weld hammers??? How do you feel about working for a lady boss?<P>just wondering?<BR>

R
R
I guess I can add two cents here...<P>I just responded to my stbx's papers through an attorney and read a copy of the letter he sent her. Now I am trying to breathe.<P>My W was probably addicted to her running. She competed in 50K and 50 milers around the west. It was awsome to watch, but for the first five years of our marriage, I counted on one hand the number of times we slept in on Saturday morning, together. 'Course, the showers after the work out was, well.... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] All in all, there is a self-centeredness there that was not conquerable.<P>So, I have had the "hard body" woman already. Don't think that I will go overboard the other way, folks, but when I am downtown, especially during lunch time, I look at women and think that the personality of this woman, or that woman, would be more important than the tightness of her sweater. (Though, I wouldn't be blind to the latter.) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Granted, I should also try to care for myself as much as I would like her to care for herself.<P>I often felt that there is something in each woman that deserved to be appreciated by someone, and for her to be loved for it. <P>And as for make up, any wife is beautiful first thing in the morning, whether she thinks so or not.<P>Being asked out...<P>I just recently told a younger woman who works for one of our customers that I don't have any energy to try and persue anyone right now, but that I may let myself be persued instead. It was not a veiled hint to her, I just indicated that I could NOT deal with the rejections right now.<P>Anyway, it sort of fits with my new dietary adjustment...No fat after 5pm. That is, unless a woman asks me to dinner. (A coworker rolled on the floor laughing when she heard me say that. She said I'm not going to be eating for a looonng time.)<P>Eyes do it for me first, then the lips. There is just something about the mouth of Burnadette Peters!!<P>Manners: I would open the car door for my girlfriend in high school when I took her home. Her mother thought it was so nice that I did that. Then the girlfriend informed her mother that the door handle inside did not work. (Well, for a while, anyway, I looked impressive.)<P>Great thread!!<P>rrunrr.<P>I have the time but not the money for the AZ trip. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P><BR><P>------------------<BR>Almost anything can be undone or forgiven.<P>Never take trust for granted.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation