Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
<BR>Hey guys!<P>This is off topic but I need you all right now. Well, my gran does.<P>She's 90 and is in the hospital with a huge cyst on her pancreas, tumors around her pancreas, and pneumonia. The doctors aren't sure if she'd make it thru surgery or not, but without it she'll starve to death. <P>I've seen miracles with this lady before. 2 years ago, she almost died 3 times within 6 weeks. She had congestive heart failure and her kidneys had shut down. All three times, she came back to us. The doctors didn't do anything but make her comfortable since she has a DNR clause in her will. So, it was sheer willpower and determination and a lot of help from above. It just wasn't her time. <P>I'm a peace with the fact that she could die this time. If she does, I'll thank God for every day that I've had with her. I just don't want her to suffer.<P>Thanks,<BR>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

L
LMS Offline
L
you got em mitzi..my thoughts are with you honey. <BR>all my love <BR>Lesa<P>------------------<BR>"It took me quite a while to realize that <B>the real deal</B> is to be able to be enough of a person on your own to know when somebody loves you and cares about you"<BR>----Stevie Ray Vaughan<P>"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and<BR> lean not unto thine own understanding." -Proverbs 3:5<BR>Take care and God Bless.<P> lms20ish@fidnet.com

L
LMS Offline
L
oops hit that darn button twice. <BR>all my love <BR>Lesa<P><BR>------------------<BR>"It took me quite a while to realize that <B>the real deal</B> is to be able to be enough of a person on your own to know when somebody loves you and cares about you"<BR>----Stevie Ray Vaughan<P><BR>"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and<BR> lean not unto thine own understanding." -Proverbs 3:5<BR>Take care and God Bless.<P><BR> lms20ish@fidnet.com <p>[This message has been edited by LMS (edited April 14, 2001).]

L
LMS Offline
L
ok so maybe three times loly. <BR>all my love <BR>Lesa<P><BR>------------------<BR>"It took me quite a while to realize that <B>the real deal</B> is to be able to be enough of a person on your own to know when somebody loves you and cares about you"<BR>----Stevie Ray Vaughan<P><BR>"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and<BR> lean not unto thine own understanding." -Proverbs 3:5<BR>Take care and God Bless.<P><BR> lms20ish@fidnet.com <p>[This message has been edited by LMS (edited April 14, 2001).]

M
M
Mitzi-<P>Hello stranger...well I hope you are doing as well as can be expected. You know I'm one of your biggest fans cause you for sure have come so far! As I've said before...you make us all have to work a little harder at what we do in our lives and how we try to grow and move forward.<P>I'm sorry about your "Gran"...grandparents do hold a special place in our lives and souls and all you can do is try and be there for her and let her know that. She sounds like a real fighter and that she has come off the ropes swinging before. Take care of yourself and I'll say a few words for both of you tomorrow.<P>Take care...<P>Mr. R

K
K
Prayers going up now...<P>Kathi

W
W
Mitzi,<P>I hate hearing stories like this...Your Gram is in my thoughts and prayers...<P>God-speed to her...<P>Bill

D
D
(((((((((((MITZI)))))))))))))<P>My thoughts and prayers are with you and your grandma, and family. hugs, Dana<BR>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey Lesa,<P>Ok, so my Gran got 3X as manyprayers from you! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Thanks! Love ya, too!<P>Mr. R,<P>Stranger is right! Thanks for popping in to help my Gran! It really means a lot to me. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Kathi,<P>Thanks. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Bill,<P>Yeah, it's an awful thing to read about but it's Easter, a time of miracles! She's completely at peace with her life, and knows that God will take care of her.<P>Thanks for the prayers!<BR>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi Dana,<P>Thanks for the prayers!<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

L
L
Our prayers are with you, too, Mitzi.<P>Love,<P>Lori

N
N
I have a 90 year old "Nana" too...<P>Prayers going!!!!!!!<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck

N
NSR Offline
N
My prayers go to your GrandMa and you and your family.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

R
R
(((((Mitzi))))),<P>Thoughts and prayers from me to you and your family! <P>This last Friday (Good Friday) my best friend in the whole wide world (thirty years) lost her mother. A weekend of being in a place I'm not used to being in. See, my friend has ALWAYS been the strong one. Now I can be HER shoulder and she's allowing me to do so. My friend and I have shared many things in life together.<P>I'm 46 and my Grandmother turned 90 last January.<P>Thinking of you,<P>Ragamuffin<P><BR>

B
B
Hi Mitzi,<P>sorry I'm late.<P>Your gran is in my prayers, and I've just lit a candle for her.<P>love and hugs to you my friend, you're in my prayers too<P>Jo

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Lori, Sheryl, Jim, Ragamuffin, and Jo,<P>Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Gran is having more tests run today to see what her chances are of making it thru surgery. If she can have the surgery, she'll probably be moved to a hospital that is 2 hours away. So far, she's doing ok, but she can't eat and it's making her very weak. Please keep her in your prayers.<P>Love,<BR>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

C
C
Hi Mitzi,<P>Add my thoughts & prayers too. Hope she starts feeling better soon.<P>Take care...<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

C
C
My maternal grandfather and paternal grandmother died before I was born. My paternal grandfather and his second wife lived across the street from us until I was 6 and then he died suddenly. My maternal grandmother lived several hours away from us and she died when I was 15. <P>I really envy you. I basically grew up without grandparents.<P>I do so hope and pray that all goes well for your grandmother and that you get to keep her for quiet a while yet. <P>((((((((Mitzi))))))))<P>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Nick,<P>Thanks. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Cinderella,<P>She has been my only grandparent for the past 27 years. Both of my paternal grandparents died before I was born and my maternal grandfather died when I was 4. She has lived within 5 miles of me all of my life. I got to see her almost daily.<P>She is now at the hospital 2 hours away in Morgantown, WV. <P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. <P>We found out today that my Gran has pancreatic cancer. She's been given 3-6 months to live. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><sigh><BR>Mitzi

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,358 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation