Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#693109 07/27/01 11:47 AM
L
LA Offline
L
FEMALE<P>28<P>3YEARS<P>He accuses me - I accuse him - But there is no Proof! Who Knows--It is almost over and won't make a difference.<P>No Kids, but he has one from a previous girlfriend which he doesn't take care of. So just another reason for me to get the hell out!<P>I post occasionally, but I really enjoy reading others posts more.<P>I have learned that you can't settle on your happiness.<P>You have to realize that problems may come up, but if you both try to work on them-you will have a prosperous marriage. <P>Going through Divorce right now, hopefully over if his attorney will ever reply back.<P>ADVICE: When you find someone, make sure you know who that person is and don't think that you will be able to change them.<P>

#693110 07/28/01 12:45 AM
L
L

<small>[ August 08, 2004, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: laura_lee ]</small>

#693111 07/27/01 07:46 PM
J
J
What is your gender?
FEMALE<p>How old are you?
29 YEARS OLD<p>How long were you married?
MARRIED FOR 7 YEARS -- WE HAVE BEEN DIVORCED FOR 1 YEAR AND 8 MONTHS -- NOW, WE HAVE BEEN ENGAGED TO GET REMARRIED FOR 9 MONTHS.<p>Are you a BS, a WS, or both?
BOTH. HE WAS SECRETLY TWO-TIMING, WHILE WE WERE DATING AGAIN AFTER THE DIVORCE IN 2000. I BECAME THE WS IN 2001.<p>Are there multiple infidelities in your situation?
HIS WAS JUST ONE LONG PA/EA FOR 9 MONTHS. MINE WAS A EA/PA (NO SEX) FOR 2 MONTHS.<p>Do you have children? How old are they?
NO. HOWEVER, THE OW DID GET PREGNANT, BUT SHE DECIDED TO HAVE AN ABORTION.<p>Do you post only on this section of the forum? If not, where else do you post?
NO, I ALSO POST ON IN RECOVERY AND SOMETIMES EN.<p>In the time you've been here at MB, what is the most important thing you've learned about yourself?
I WILL BE HAPPY WITH HIM AND I WILL BE HAPPY WITHOUT HIM.<p>In the time you've been here at MB, what is the most important thing you've learned about marriage?
DON'T GIVE UP TOO EASILY. EMOTIONAL NEEDS/LOVE BUSTERS. AND, FROM A BOOK THAT WAS RECOMMEND .... I LEARNED THAT WE SPEAK DIFFERENT LOVE LANGUAGES.<p>Are you married, in limbo of some kind, separated, legally separated and filed, or divorced?
DIVORCED AND ENGAGED TO GET REMARRIED<p>What one word of advice would you give someone who is new here?
TIME.<p>[ January 16, 2002: Message edited by: Jennidy ]</p>

#693112 07/27/01 08:31 PM
P
P
What is your gender? <B>Male</B><P>How old are you?<B>38, 39 on 29 Dec</B><P>How long were you married? <B>still married, 16 years on 5 Oct</B><P>Are you a BS, a WS, or both? <B>BS</B><P>Are there multiple infidelities in your situation? <B>9 maybe 10</B><P>Do you have children? How old are they? <B>B 14, B 12</B><P>Do you post only on this section of the forum? If not, where else do you post? <B> where ever I feel I need to reply to someone or when I need to vent. I don't post a lot now.</B><P>In the time you've been here at MB, what is the most important thing you've learned about yourself? <B>I love God more with each new day!</B><P>In the time you've been here at MB, what is the most important thing you've learned about marriage? <B>That most people live in the fantasy world that Satan whispers in all of our ears.</B><P>Are you married, in limbo of some kind, separated, legally separated, separated and filed, or divorced (or something in between)? <B>Married until she leaves or I or she dies whichever comes first.</B><P>What one word of advice would you give someone who is new here? <B>Trust God for everything.</B> <P><P>------------------<BR><B><I>God Bless,<BR>Rob</I></B><BR> regilmor@swbell.net

#693113 07/27/01 09:09 PM
A
A
39 year old Martian coupled 14 years and counting (for now, at least), no infidelity, 2 kids 8 and 10, only posted here.<P>I have learned that the only thing I can control, change, improve is me.<P>As for marriage, I think that I have learned that people are lazy and do not focus on what is truly important until it is too late.<P>My one word is two words-seek peace.<P>Currently separated, hoping to reconcile with S who feels otherwise.<P>

#693114 07/29/01 03:04 PM
C
C
What is your gender? Female<P>How old are you? 40<P>How long were you married? 17 years<P>Are you a BS, a WS, or both? Both. H had an A last year. I died inside, but tried again. I asked for divorce 6 weeks ago, signed seperation agreement then I had an EA - still going on. Never thought I would go there.<P>Are there multiple infidelities in your situation? H says only 1, don't know for sure. Me - this one.<P>Do you have children? How old are they? No kids, 3 horses and a dog. <P>Do you post only on this section of the forum? If not, where else do you post? Mostly lurk, but GQ and DD. <P>In the time you've been here at MB, what is the most important thing you've learned about yourself? That I count. I don't have to walk on egg-shells. That I married an alcoholic who is controlling and has always been verbally abusive and that I can't change him, but I can protect and change myself. That I am co-dependent and need to work on that.<P>In the time you've been here at MB, what is the most important thing you've learned about marriage? That it takes two working at it. Not 50/50, but 100/100. Don't take each other for granted.<BR> <BR>Are you married, in limbo of some kind, separated, legally separated, separated and filed, or divorced (or something in between)? Divorce was final on my birthday 7/12/01. I'm happy. A big weight has been lifted. Should have done it years ago.<BR> <BR>What one word of advice would you give someone who is new here? Read all you can and learn from others experiences. Ask questions and pray for guidance.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation