Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#812272 06/06/02 08:30 PM
D
Dawn71 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hello,
I have a question about the principles. I e-mailed my sister the newsletter. And she is currently listening to his needs her needs. We were talking and she seems to think Dr. Harley says that we should not have anything private between each other. For Example, I should let my H read my e-mails if he wants and he should do the same for me. My sister feels uncomfortable letting her boyfriend reading her e-mails because sometimes she is writing to me about her boyfriend. I said I do not know if Dr. Harley means that there should be nothing private between each other or not. Her boyfriend thought it was a good idea because he wants to read all my sisters e-mail. I told my sister I really do not care if my H reads my e-mails.<p>Dawn

#812273 06/06/02 08:41 PM
T
T
Dawn,<p>From what I understand, it is the radical honesty that you are talking about. I think it is a good idea, because if your sister has a problem with her boyfriend, she should discuss it with him if that relationship is one that truly matters to her. If she can't share her frustrations openly with him, and they plan to get married, it will carry into their M, and it will leave the door wide open for either to end up in your situation!<p>Just my $.02<p>Love,<p>Tigger

#812274 06/07/02 12:19 AM
T
T
Hi, Dawn71,<p>While Dr. Harley's principles are designed very specifically for married couples, the Rule of Honesty is pretty important. If they can't be completely open and honest with one another before they are married, what says they will ever be able to be so?<p>If they don't want to be open with one another, then they need to think about why that is. It might be that they really don't belong together.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (Confused1980, still seeking), 244 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation