Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Khyra Offline OP
OP Offline
K
How many WS out there have been sexually abused as children?<P>Does the WS have self-esteem issues?<P>Does the WS have parents or parental figures who betrayed a partner?<P><BR>Just some points that may need to make themselves apparant here - hope we get a good turn out of info here. I know the first question is rather personal - I'm not asking for details, but a yes or no will do.<P>Thanks!<P>Carrie<P>

H
H
Carrie<BR>My H is a WS and yes he was abused as a child, prostetuted at a very young age, physically, emotionally, and sexually abused. He felt all he was good for was either sex or money, His A was a brief one with an online stranger, followed by a nervous breakdown, in which the years of abuse came to the surface. I am also a survivor of childhood abuse, although I never had an PA I did have two EA in my first marriage. I think the connection is a strong one, as it deals with self acceptance, self esteem, and self worth. Jenni

S
S
no<BR>yes<BR>no<P>mostly reacting, I think, to the pattern of neglect by spouse. He claimed the right to be left alone, to do what he wanted when he wanted. If you're bored, get a hobby. If you're lonely, find a friend.

L
L
1. No<BR>2. Yes when he hit midlife.<BR>3. Yes, his father left his mother for OW. Went back and forth multiple times just like H.

S
S
a. No<BR>b. Yes, maybe some.<BR>c. Yes, When she was first adopted.<P>Sweden

B
B
No<P>Quite the opposite--he thinks he's Heaven's gift to the world<P>Not at all--they were very much in love until the day he died. She still grieves for him.

T
T
No.<P>Yes.<P>No, at least as far as I know.

T
T
No<P>Yes<P>Not that I know of, but my Dad died when I was 3, so that kinda 'feels' like a betrayal. or at least abandonment.

N
N
No<BR>Yes, absolutely<BR>Not that I know of. However, his father often acted like my H somehow wasn't quite as good as his brother.

B
B
No, I had a wonderful childhood. Loving parents/family. No self-esteem problems. My parents did divorce when I was 25 years old. Both re-married to wonderful people and I have a good relationship with both sides.

H
H
No, she was not abused.<P>I said "no" originally, but I guess I need to change this to a MAYBE. (I asked her today about it and she said she couldn't rule it out).<P>Yes, her father did have affairs when she was in JH and HS. They separated when she was in college and are still separated today.<P>-HD<P>[This message has been edited by HurtingDeeply (edited December 15, 2000).]<p>[This message has been edited by HurtingDeeply (edited December 15, 2000).]

W
W
Carrie, regarding my wife:<P>No<P>Yes<P>No<P>WAT

S
SKM Offline
S
No, yes, no. Interestingly, my H's answers would be no, no, yes (his dad ran around alot, both parents have been married three times, and my H refuses to live his life that way.)<P>I have issues that kind of relate to question 1, but it wasn't childhood abuse.

R
rax Offline
R
<BR>yes-if anyone could tell me i would like to know if this will always have effects on relationships, or if healing can occur and live a "normal" life<P>yes- <BR>no<P><BR>

O
O
I've been the WS, and now my H is:<P>me:<BR>yes (same sex)<BR>yes - serious - depression<BR>no - but I found out as an adult that my mother had been previously married, that her H was a WS, and that my oldest 'sister' is just a half-sister. My mother still doesn't know that I know.<P>H:<BR>yes (same sex)<BR>yes and no --- he's an 'avoider'<BR>not that I know of - he's the youngest of 8 births (7 living siblings). I really can't picture his parents being that way.

S
S
My H is the WS:<P>1. Yes, physically not sexually<BR>2. Yes, thinks he isn't good enough for anything.<BR>3. Yes, both parents cheated on each other-divorced-remarried and cheated again on their new spouses. No wonder, H didn't have a chance.<P>Sil

K
Khyra Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Wow, guys, LOTS of responses so far.<P>I guessed that I might see a lot more yesses than I have for the questions. I'll have to tally up the results in a few days to see where we stand with these issues.<P>As for me -<P>yes<BR>yes<BR>yes<P>Just hoping to gain some more insight as to why we cheat or get cheated on. I know there are many factors involved, some immeasurable, many more than any formal study could cover.<P>Keep in mind about the sexual abuse - this i often something that people keep secret - you may not even know this about your spouse. I think it happes a lot more than we realize, unfortunately.<P>Keep those responses coming guys!<P>Khyra

C
C
My W is the WS.<P>Physically and verbally abused, but not sexually.<P>I'd say she has serious self-esteem issues.<P>I don't know if there were betrayals, but her parents divorced when she was a teenager. Her mother has re-married, and her father has been through 3 marriages since then.

M
mkn Offline
M
My wife is the WS....<BR>No<BR>No<BR>Yes, her father left, was not taken back by mother

B
B
Mu H is the WS, <BR>1 don't know<BR>2 low selfesteem<BR>3 definitly yes ! His father cheated so much on his mother that my H did not at all wanted to become like his father.His father even took my H and his brother over to some of the WS's houses when he was 5. When he did have an A he felt so ashamed about himself and afraid that he was going to go the same road as his father.<BR>

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation