Marriage Builders
To catch you up to two years ago go here:

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/u...in=152336&Number=2163161#Post2163161

and read my very first post and my last two posts.

Since then I am in the military so I linked this post in that forum to helpfully get help from both groups.

Now let me catch you up to today. My wife and I did Marriage Builders Strong for about 5 months. We were slow at getting through the lessons but we were consistent on 15 hours a week. We made it through Sexual fulfillment, recreational companionship, financial support, domestic supportand physical attractiveness.

In February of 09 she decided to join the National Guard. She wanted to be able to get a degree and become a nurse. I was a little apprehensive at first but after a lot of conversation I supported her 100%. Doing Marriage Builders slowly trailed off but putting what we had learned into action did not. I became a better father, companion and lover. Her top 5 needs are physical attractiveness, recreational companionship, domestic support, financial support, and family commitment. I could tell you 10-15 ways that I made those a priority in my life. We got closer and our family improved greatly. One of the biggest changes I made was weight loss. To date I have lost 100lbs!!!

I think Marriage Builders trailed off because of all the activities we had our three kids doing, but also because we turned to the mode of getting ready for her to go to basic training. But we will still making deposits and things were improving. Love busters were always a minor issue but they became almost non existent.

She went to basic training and I was very supportive. I wrote her everyday and put a tremendous effort into her letters. I decorated the envelopes, put in pictures and worte letters of the fun things that had happened that day and the things I had done with the kids. She said her whole company really say how much she was loved and cared for. She returned from basic in Dec 09 and things continued to go well.

** An interjection in the timeline that may be important to the whole picture. She found out that her dad had an affair of 23 years the day of Christmas. He saw her on the weekends for all that time. In addition he was never really a father to her.

In Mar '10 I joined the National Guard. I was finally down to a weight that would allow me to join and I got a job as a 12m, firefighter. That was huge deposits for her! That was what I had always wanted to be and what she had always wanted to marry. Now we had to get ready for me to ship to basic training which was a bigger task. WE had to get the house ready to rent and move into my parents house. In July '10 it was myself and my wife and three kids in one small bedroom, but everyone was happy and excited. This was a big step for a family but it was a dream that we all wanted to be a dual military family, both finish college and have the jobs we both dreamed of.

And here is where the bad part starts. June '10 she went to her 2 week Annual training and when she came back something was off. We went on a camping trip right away and it was like she didnt even want spend anytime with me. Her friend came along and they would talk like it was non-existent. After the trip we talked and she said it was hard for her to adjust back to domestic life after military life. And about mid July her affection became a lot better which was one of my needs we communicated through the issue and things seemed great.

3 days before shipping to training I found out she had sent over 700 text to a another soldier in her unit over the month of July. I immediately confronted her and she was remorseful and felt terrible. She said that since she had found out about her dads affair that she was desiring the attention of other men. She apologized said she loved me and immediately send him a text cutting off all contact. She was open and honest and willing to go to counseling and willing to work on her issues while I was at Basic training. I was little apprenhensive about leaving but I had prayed before I confronted her that I wanted her to say and do certain things and she did those without even hesitating. She even wanted to move closer to my AIT so she could see me on the weekends. I was still a little apprehensive but felt much better about shipping.

During basic something was off she didnt write me often and the letters were void of much love and affection. But i did had cute affectionate text messages on my phone and FB. Fast forward to two weeks before graduation, we got a 5 min phone call and she admitted to having an affair and she didnt want to be married anymore.

I will try to condense this as best as I can because I could write a novel as needed. Both WW and OM are soldiers, he actually came to my "Last Hurrah." Her following reasons for wanting a divorce are no passion, and that she had messed it up and it can never be fixed. One conversation she got mean and said she has never wanted to be married.

It gets complex but I have or she has exposed to everyone. Even the kids know and said some honest truths to her "Dont you remember the day you said I Do and the commitment you made" and "How could you do this to Daddy he didnt do this to you while you were gone". I have let her chain of command know and disciplinary action is pending for both of them. They are in the same unit and it is not the same guy she texted in July.

I am still in training in Texas. I am writing here for help. I dont have much hope. I pray for her and talk to her regularly, she even lets me read Purpose Driven Life to her. I believe she has turned her back on her faith you can see it in her face.

I dont know anymore I can do. There is a no contact order issued but I think she is secretly seeing him and definitely still "loves" him, she says she still wants to be with him. He left for training and my mom said she cried all day. OM leaves for Afghanistan in December but there is about 14 days in Dec that they will be in proximity to get together.

There is a lot more details and I can fill in as needed. Any help/advice/encouragement is greatly appreciated. Thank you to everyone in the community and all the help they provide.
Just to save the vets some time, here's the signature summary of BFR's first thread:

3 kids now 10, 9, and 7

D-Day #1 8/12/08 EA
Thank you

D-Day #2 10/2/10 PA

Me 30 - Soldier 12m, Firefighter
WW 30 - Soldier 31b, Military Police
OM 24 or 25 - Soldier 31b, Military Police
Sorry to hear this, Bigred. I remember you and your story. Your W was not willing to institute EPs, is that right? I seem to recall she met her OM on a gaming site and she wouldn't give the online gaming up...

I am not stating this so much for you, but for any lurkers, this is why EPs are soooooo necessary! It sounds like you did a great job with learning how to meet her ENs, but if the WS is unwilling to change the way they interact with members of the opposite sex, they are at high risk for another affair.

Sorry again, Red...
Actually it's PA for physical affair.

The guy she sent 700 texts to in July was an EA so he's OM2 with D-Day #2.
She did give up the gaming so that EP was handled.

She has now said that she realizes how she sought male attention our whole marriage and gave herself emotionally to other men.

So joining the military just put her is a place where women get unlimited attention from the opposite sex. It wasnt an issue in basic but it was so controlled but I dont think she could handle the amount of attention she got at her Annual Training.
Originally Posted by bitbucket
Actually it's PA for physical affair.

The guy she sent 700 texts to in July was an EA so he's OM2 with D-Day #2.

Ouch didnt realize that.

D-Day #2 7/28/10 EA OM#2

D-Day #3 10/2/10 EA OM#3

D-Day #4 10/2/10 PA OM#4 - this is the man she is still in a Fog about.

She told me about #3 at the same time as #4 but said nothing physical happened. From evidence gathered #3 and #4 started immediately after I left for Basic Training.

She has also told me there has been many minor EAs through out our marriage.

Just so I'm clear - she's currently not in contact with any of these guys, right?

What is the policy in the National Guard for cases like this?

I may not be able to help you as well as other posters who are more familiar with the military. But it sounds like your WW has a high need for attention and admiration, and has placed herself in a position where she can get plenty of it.

Have you considered going to Plan B?
I am sorry but I need to add what my husband wheels said if I EVER EVER do this to him again....

"I will divorce you, and there is NO WAY in H*ll I'm letting you back in my life"

That is the decision you need to make.

Are you really deciding to reconcile AGAIN?
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Just so I'm clear - she's currently not in contact with any of these guys, right?

What is the policy in the National Guard for cases like this?

I may not be able to help you as well as other posters who are more familiar with the military. But it sounds like your WW has a high need for attention and admiration, and has placed herself in a position where she can get plenty of it.

Have you considered going to Plan B?

I think she is secretly in contact with OM#4 there is weird FB texts on our cell phone records but no activity on her account. You can set up FB so you can private message through text messages. She continued to see him after she told me and when he is around she will probably try to see him. No really way I can tell from 1000+ miles away.

Currently he is at training he will be home for 14 days in December and I will still be here. Then he is going to Afghanistan for 9 months.

So far all the National Guard has done is issue a no contact order. There may be more disciplinary action to follow but the Army is slow at these things. Adultery is a punishable offense under UCMJ but it is hard to prove even with her admission, they need proof.

I read some stuff on Plan B and with as complex as my situation is with me being training I am not sure if it is the best plan of attack. She already has divorce papers drafted (Her mother works for a family law attorney). I don't see the advantages to instituting it.
Are you making copies of everything you've seen - the texts, etc? Make sure you're getting copies of those and are keeping them in a safe place.
Originally Posted by SapphireReturns
I am sorry but I need to add what my husband wheels said if I EVER EVER do this to him again....

"I will divorce you, and there is NO WAY in H*ll I'm letting you back in my life"

That is the decision you need to make.

Are you really deciding to reconcile AGAIN?

While I do believe this is the one instance that the Bible allows for divorce. It allows it because of the hardness of our hearts. I don't have a hard heart towards her. It is broken and I am upset but I believe the relationship can be healed.

I believe that it can be healed because this is just symptoms of what has happened all along. There was never a true recovery. And at some point when she is out of the fog and withdrawal (which I hope happens because he will be gone) she may realize that she is at the bottom and we can finally recovery properly. I think she was in denial about how serious a problem her first EA was.

Are you making copies of everything you've seen - the texts, etc? Make sure you're getting copies of those and are keeping them in a safe place.

I can just see the numbers back and forth on our cell phone record. I don't know what is actually being said it is just an assumption that it is conversations with him.
Make sure you're keeping hard copies of those records.
I remember you BFRH and I'm so sad you are back. Regarding this:
Originally Posted by Bigfatredhead
I read some stuff on Plan B and with as complex as my situation is with me being training I am not sure if it is the best plan of attack. She already has divorce papers drafted (Her mother works for a family law attorney). I don't see the advantages to instituting it.

I think Plan B is all you've got left as far as a plan of attack. You've Plan A'd and you've done it well. Plan A usually doesn't work on it's own but rather as a set-up for a successful Plan B. You've already done everything else in MB. I believe this is all that's left.

Consider this: your marriage is about to end. She is a serial cheater in an active affair, already filing divorce papers. The process has begun and you are already headed down that path. You are between a rock and a hard place. If you don't stop the affair, this is going to tear you into a million pieces before it's over.

Plan B has been shown to be effective at stopping affairs. But you have to do it right - absolute complete darkness with no contact whatsoever in any way, shape or form. You understand MB concepts very well - you should be able to grasp this too.

She has now said that she realizes how she sought male attention our whole marriage and gave herself emotionally to other men.

So joining the military just put her is a place where women get unlimited attention from the opposite sex. It wasnt an issue in basic but it was so controlled but I dont think she could handle the amount of attention she got at her Annual Training.
So what other EPs DID she implement? Any??

You are making excuses for her -- the problem isn't the military but her weak boundaries and failure to protect the M.

I do not think you will ever be safe with her ~ like Tabby said, she sounds like a serial cheater. At the very least do not attempt it without her fully acknowledging that she has no boundaries and must radically change the way that she interacts with men and develop a very detailed written EP plan, obviously she would have to leave the military.
Originally Posted by SusieQ

So what other EPs DID she implement? Any??

You are making excuses for her -- the problem isn't the military but her weak boundaries and failure to protect the M.

I do not think you will ever be safe with her ~ like Tabby said, she sounds like a serial cheater. At the very least do not attempt it without her fully acknowledging that she has no boundaries and must radically change the way that she interacts with men and develop a very detailed written EP plan, obviously she would have to leave the military.

I totally agree I know the Army isnt the problem it just let her continue her behavior. I just didnt know it was going on I thought it was confined to OM #1. So I didn't seen any other needs for EP until OM #2 but I was leaving for basic. She agreed to counseling and instantly cut off that relationship with OM #2. I could have asked her to do more but with leaving for basic I didnt know what else to do.

And there will def have to be a lot of changes if she wants to come back. A part of her knows that and I know that is one of the reasons she is making her choices.

I hope I am not making excuses this is 100% her fault and I know all the things she needs to do if she wants to come back. I am just looking for guidance if there is anything I can do from this point and also insight into how we got here. Because I became an EN meeting champ!
Originally Posted by Tabby1
I remember you BFRH and I'm so sad you are back. Regarding this:

I think Plan B is all you've got left as far as a plan of attack. You've Plan A'd and you've done it well. Plan A usually doesn't work on it's own but rather as a set-up for a successful Plan B. You've already done everything else in MB. I believe this is all that's left.

Consider this: your marriage is about to end. She is a serial cheater in an active affair, already filing divorce papers. The process has begun and you are already headed down that path. You are between a rock and a hard place. If you don't stop the affair, this is going to tear you into a million pieces before it's over.

Plan B has been shown to be effective at stopping affairs. But you have to do it right - absolute complete darkness with no contact whatsoever in any way, shape or form. You understand MB concepts very well - you should be able to grasp this too.

This weekend is for praying and reading up on Plan B
I think I have been doing Plan A for two years...we never even read SAA with our packet. I didn't think it was necessary because she agreed to NC. Big mistake.

Not sure why I would need to do that Cali is a no fault state.
Can I do Plan B but also file D papers? She has a free lawyer but said if I file the papers she will honor that, just trying to avoid a legal mess and a expensive fight to save pennies.

Not sure why I would need to do that Cali is a no fault state.

For exposure, if needed.
BFRH, I wouldn't file those papers. Let her do the dirty work if you're still looking to recover. Just be sure you're prepared for the divorce (i.e. your own attorney, finances etc, etc). In the mean time plan B. She can do what she wants as far as the D is concerned but I guarantee she'll be wondering what you're up to and you must keep it that way.

In my case I filed and did a poor plan B (court date 14 Dec). It don't work. If I learned anything from this site it's that I know how not to do it.
(TJ)
Re-reading my post on this I can see how it may have upset some folks. The last line could be easily misinterpreted. To clarify, it's not the MB site and Dr Harley's philosophy I'm referring to when I stated "I know how not to do it". Rather, it's my own inability to correctly and consistently apply the principles. If I had done so from the get go, I believe my sitch would be alot different. Hope nobody took offense.
L4S
Everyone already knows so exposure is done. I would like to file because she has a free lawyer so I am trying to avoid using them. I would fill it all out and she would sign as the one filing and pay for it.
Also without lawyers I can get what I want. I in no way want a divorce but if it does happen I want to keep the house. I have offered to her that I will give her a car and take on all debt.
She already has all the paperwork ready to file her mom works for the lawyer and did it already.
So I def think I need to plan b because my love is waning and its hard to even talk to her or look at her facebook.
Maybe doing the paperwork and plan b will show her that I am not afraid to move on but also still love her.
My pastor compared her to the prodical son give want she wants and let her go but let her know I still love her.
Plan B: wear your wedding ring and Facebook friends?
Yes to wearing the ring.
No to being facebook friends.
I had a phone appt with Jennifer Chalmers last night. It was not what I expected. I figured should we be for Plan B but she wants me to continue A because OM is deploying.

She gave my Taker 4 reasons:

1.If it works I will be happier
2.We never learned this type of marriage
3.Raise my own kids not another person
4.To know I did everything I could

I dont know I dont know!
My Recovery letter. Please read and comment. Some of it sounds good and heartful and to me some of it sounds like MB language.

DW,
I am writing this letter to share with you what I want more than anything in this world, what I want for me, our kids, and you. My stomach fills with butterflies even as I write this, thinking about how it will be received and how it will make you feel. But my love and commitment to you out weighs all feelings of fear, doubt, and the unknown. I am writing because I love you and I want to continued to comfort, love, and support all your hopes and dreams for the rest of our lives. I am writing because I want our children to see a Mom and Dad that are more thoughtful and loving then they have ever been. To have parents that are committed to a lifetime of loving and caring for each other.
The last two years I have searched for answers about how we can get back on track. How we can feel the same love, passion, and commitment that we felt for each other living in that 1 bedroom tiny apartment, with a mini fridge and two burners, trying to cook meals in a toaster oven. But none of that mattered because we had a future and a dream together. We had a passion to care for one another, to grow old together, and see the other person be all that they could be wink
My hope for our future has ebb and flowed but knowing we can both be happier than we have ever been, and that we can be the only ones to raise our kids keeps me going. If we can learn a marriage that neither of us was ever shown there will be a better future for us and our children.
I realize that if we are going to be successful at restoring our love there is a path we need to follow. My love, this is the path I promise to follow and need you to follow too. I need to be even better at responding to your needs and become your number one source of happiness. I need to recognize my own behaviors that contributed to the loss of our love. I need to be your spiritual covering and leader.
We need to commit time to one another. Take the things out of our lives that aren't the most important and distract us from loving each other each day. I want to be more open with you about my fears and dreams. The things I have done wrong and what I plan for the future. To make all of those plans and decisions with each other and in a way that we both completely agree upon.
I want to be the only one who cares for you, loves you, and knows you more than anyone else. Giving all of my time and energy to make you happy and fulfilled. And to let you be the only one that meets my needs. Lastly to completely cut out everyone in our lives who has ever taken our eyes and love from each other, to ensure that we can never let those people and things threaten our love for each other.
I pray each day that you will take my hand down this path, and we can walk it, and fight for our love side by side. I desire you to be my life partner, be the only mother of our children and me the only father. I want to be your best friend and the one you love. I want to catch you in my arms like I did in the parking lot at Foothill more that 11 years ago. I close my eyes see your bouncing blond curls, cute wrangler jeans as you run up to me and I catch you. Just like I have always done when you run up to me I want to do for the next 150 years.

Love you DH

The plan is to give this to her on Thanksgiving break and give her a small anniversary gift (its saturday of that weekend) and write her letters often. Im praying that I can do this for 6 months and then plan B. Please pray for her and me.
Hmm...it's awfully wordy, bfrh. What do you wish to accomplish with this? Understand that your WW's heart is very hard right now. She may well get through the first paragraph and then throw it down and accuse you of trying to control her emotions.

I pretended to be your wayward and got this far:
The last two years I have searched for answers about how we can get back on track.
I could imagine her stopping there, because those words are interfering in where she wants to be RIGHT NOW.

I'm not saying it's wrong to let her know your feelings. But is there a better way to do this? This letter will not be read, mainly because you're throwing too much in her face that she doesn't want to think about right now.

Does she have a sense of humor, bfrh? I'm wondering if it might not be a better idea to whack this down to one or two paragraphs, finishing on a note that will make her smile. Not so much gushy stuff all in one place, KWIM?

Can you separate this into about 5-6 separate letters and use these as the letters you're going to send? Ending each one in a way that will make her smile? Can you tell her something funny you or the kids did, things like that?
This was the letter that Jenny Chalmers suggested I write and give to her over Thanksgiving. She needs it needs to be the recovery letter and contain the 7 steps to recovery in a simple heart felt way and the WW needs to know what steps need to be taken. She agrees that the letter may not even be read all the way through but that it will be a seed.
This was the letter that Jenny Chalmers suggested I write and give to her over Thanksgiving. She needs it needs to be the recovery letter and contain the 7 steps to recovery in a simple heart felt way and the WW needs to know what steps need to be taken. She agrees that the letter may not even be read all the way through but that it will be a seed.

I agree with planting a seed, but it's like your putting in the whole garden, you know?

With all due respect to Jenny Chalmers, I've got to stand by my thoughts: it's too wordy. You've unloaded all your guns in one volley. I'd cut it way down. She'll probably get through a paragraph or two and stop, because she's not going to want to read this right now. Give it to her a few pieces at a time and let them soak in that way.

Conversely, if you DO give her this missive: how do you plan to follow this up? What else can you say after this?

Just my thoughts.
Subsequent letters would be light just telling her wha is going on with my training and interesting or funny stuff happening day to day maybe 1 to 2 letters per week.
In addition every month or so a more serious what did you think about what I wrote before and here's how I still feel.
Subsequent letters would be light just telling her wha is going on with my training and interesting or funny stuff happening day to day maybe 1 to 2 letters per week.
In addition every month or so a more serious what did you think about what I wrote before and here's how I still feel.

It's just so long, bfrh. I'm worried that she's going to go a few paragraphs and then toss it out. But I think you feel strongly about this and hey - I could be totally wrong (I think that's happened to me once or twice in my life grin )

I've never had to deal with a wayward in this respect so I'm going to bow to Jennifer's expertise.
I could see it being the first few sentences and the last few but I think the taker reasons need to be included and somehow include that there is a hope because of the 7 steps.
Well everything took a turn for the worse so it seems. I talked to her chain of command and their punishments are to transfer them out if the unit. Which means they wont have drill together but OM will not be deploying. I don't think I can Plan A with him around. But here is the re work of my letter.

DW,
I wanted to let you know what I desire for me, you, and our children more than anything else in this world. With all that we have been through I believe we are exactly in a place where we have a chance to be happier then we have ever been, learn a type of marriage we were never taught, be the only parents for our children, and know that we did everything we could do to save our love and our family.
I commit to you to listen and respond to your needs and be the number one source of your happiness and eliminate my behaviors that contribute to the loss of your love. I want to devote time to you and you alone. Openly share my dreams, desires, and failures. To make life decisions that make the both of us most fulfilled. And alllow you to be the only one that brings me the most happiness. So we can protect our love from any outside threats.

I know that when we can make this commitment to each other we will be life long partners and best friends. I need to catch you in my arms like I have since the very first time in the Foothill parking lot and have done for our whole marriage and hope to do for the next 150 years. I need us to follow this new path and love each other more than ever.

Love DH
You need to list the conditions that need to met in order for you to reengage in the M, right? And you need to set the bar high this time, BFRH, since she is a multiple offender.

I will be back with a Plan B thread for you that outlines what needs to be in the letter.

Do you have SAA?
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1642447
Thank you. I've read alot on plan b. But this letter is suppose to be a recovery letter. Jennifer chalmers wants me to continue plan A and this letter is to just be a seed.
I had started to mentally prepare my self to do Plan A with hopes of success because OM would be deployed. Now that's not the case and I am not sure where to go from here.
Oh, I misunderstood, I thought it was a PBL! Under that context, I think the letter is good smile
Well everything took a turn for the worse so it seems. I talked to her chain of command and their punishments are to transfer them out if the unit. Which means they wont have drill together but OM will not be deploying. I don't think I can Plan A with him around. But here is the re work of my letter.

DW,
I wanted to let you know what I desire for me, you, and our children more than anything else in this world. With all that we have been through I believe we are exactly in a place where we have a chance to be happier then we have ever been, learn a type of marriage we were never taught, be the only parents for our children, and know that we did everything we could do to save our love and our family.
I commit to you to listen and respond to your needs and be the number one source of your happiness and eliminate my behaviors that contribute to the loss of your love. I want to devote time to you and you alone. Openly share my dreams, desires, and failures. To make life decisions that make the both of us most fulfilled. And alllow you to be the only one that brings me the most happiness. So we can protect our love from any outside threats.

I know that when we can make this commitment to each other we will be life long partners and best friends. I need to catch you in my arms like I have since the very first time in the Foothill parking lot and have done for our whole marriage and hope to do for the next 150 years. I need us to follow this new path and love each other more than ever.

Love DH

Okay, I made it all the way through this time smile Now, bfrh, hang on to your old letter and use it as a continuing 'thead' for her.

Good job.
I need help sorting out some things. I found out today that she askedto be transferred from her unit which surprised me considering I would think she would want to be the unit with OM. I have no idea if the affair is still going on. She is continuing with moving out and filing.
I just have no idea what im dealing with and how to appraoch it. She wont talk anything serious with me so I don't know where her head is at.
I need help sorting out some things. I found out today that she askedto be transferred from her unit which surprised me considering I would think she would want to be the unit with OM. I have no idea if the affair is still going on. She is continuing with moving out and filing.
I just have no idea what im dealing with and how to appraoch it. She wont talk anything serious with me so I don't know where her head is at.

Can you find out if HE is transferring?
Yes he is. But it doesn't matter much because its only 1 weekend per month and they wont be transferred into the same unit. And because I exposed to their chain of command he is not deploying. So my chance to Plan A with him out of the picture is no longer an option. Also, I just checked her cell phone account and they still text each other. All day yesterday and today.
Then you path is clear, you Plan A until it is time to Plan B.
I understand that. Im afraid of not being able to say I did my very best and feel like I could plan a forever. I basically have for two years. My understanding of plan A is to meet ens and eliminate lbs. Well that is what I have done for two years. She even said I did everything she asked me to and fixed all my problems.
Our problem is that we did not institute EPs. I don't see what I could do now or from here to make her want to follow the 7 steps to recovery.
If you truly believe that you have been in a great Plan A for almost 2 years then I would say that it is time to Plan B.

Are you ready for a Plan B?

Do you have Plan B letter written up? Finances, etc in order?
I think I have done a great job at meeting her needs. I lost 100 lbs. Improved my appearance and wardrobe. Gave up video games. Put us on a budget. Finished remodeling the house. Helped her around the house especially laundry and making kids lunches. We went on dates, read books together and we would sit down and do her homework together. We started family.work.outs. we worked out and ran just the two of us. I took the kids on regular daddy daughter dates and son dates. We got a pop up trailer and went camping almost once a month. I wrote her everyday at basic training and everyday whenshe was. At basic. I made her beautiful envelopes and cards that made her the envy on her platoon. I joined the army and got the job that we both always wanted for me firefighter. I eliminated SDs, DJs, and AHs.
I found out today she snuck off during training and asked another soldier to cover. I am ready to plan B. Finances are ready phones and insurance are.separated. I just need to work on the letter. I am going to get her a nice framed picture of our kids for our anniversary and put the letter with it. Time to recover.
Sorry about grammar and punctuation. I posted from my droid and it wasn't cooperating.
I've never had a harder time trying to figure out what to do. One day ill feel like I could plan A forever others I feel I just can't handle it and want to plan B. Why does plan B feel likes its giving up
The times I feel like I should keep doing plan A are when I am praying in the word or worshipping. The times I feel like I need to plan B are when I talk to someone about something she recently did.
Two nights ago I sat up in my sleep and these verses were in my head Proverbs 3:5-6 NASB

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.

I can't remember the last time I read or heard those verses. So I am continuing plan A because I need to continue to love on her as long as we are married.

Saturday was our 11 year wedding anniversary. I got her a nice framed picture of the kids and gave her the letter I wrote above. The shorter one. My mom said she came lever later and took the picture and read the letter. I don't know how I am going to keep doing plan A. I think letters and phone calls every once in a while. Keep my family in your prayers.
I had another appointment with Jennifer last night. She suggested I continue Plan A until WW files. She said its good OM moved in because it will give him a dose of reality. The only way I can plan A from here is two make sure and call the kids every night and write WW letters.
I also need to write letters to her family members saying what I want and that I am willing to wait until the affair dies a normal death. I will def need th communities input. She really likes my letter. Thank you maritalbliss for your input
I had another appointment with Jennifer last night. She suggested I continue Plan A until WW files. She said its good OM moved in because it will give him a dose of reality. The only way I can plan A from here is two make sure and call the kids every night and write WW letters.
I also need to write letters to her family members saying what I want and that I am willing to wait until the affair dies a normal death. I will def need th communities input. She really likes my letter. Thank you maritalbliss for your input

dontknow When did OM move in??? What did I miss??? Your kids are with WW and OM???
Yes! Sorry it all happened so fast. She moved out of my parents and into an apartment. When I asked who would be watching the kids when she was at work she said a nanny. Turns out nanny is Om frown
There might be legal action I can take to keep them at my parents. Its so hard to deal with this while so far away and in AIT. Im trying to find a male, pro family lawyer in Cali while im in Texas. I've had a few turn me away cuz im in the Army. But marriages are civil and the Army has nothing to do with it. The only thing the Army does for me is allow me to put the whole thing on hold while Im active.
Yes! Sorry it all happened so fast. She moved out of my parents and into an apartment. When I asked who would be watching the kids when she was at work she said a nanny. Turns out nanny is Om frown

Good Lord. faint There's got to be something you can do. Can you get a consult with any attorney in WW's area to find out what your rights are as far as getting the kids out of there?
Finding a lawyer is hard. I got a free consult with a friend who is 400/hr who said it is possible to keep them at my parents. Now I need to find one I can afford who can do this for me.
I need help figuring out this letter. The purpose of it is to tell her family my intentions and that I am still fighting and still hopeful. It also is to reinforce the exposure.

Dear WW family member,
How is everyone doing? Fire school is going great. I am loving the training and it is going by fast. Next week starts sturcture fires, we get to fight real fires! I couldn't be here without your support. Thank you for everything you have done for us, especially your thoughts and prayers.
I am sad about what has happened the last few months but I still have hope for my family. I love WW very much and I am willing to wait for her affair to die its natural death. I hope at that point she will give us another chance. I know that if we can get back on th path we started 2 years ago; there is hope. Please call me anytime if you want to talk.

Love
BS
Om was there again tonight watching my kids. I think he spends the night. Talk about the mother of all gut punches. I am physically ill.
WW is pregnant...
Sometimes it not meant to be Red. I honestly don't know what to say except I feel for you.

Stay strong and hopefully one of the vets can offer some words to help you.
Posted By: nesre Re: Here we go again...same old stuff again... - 12/15/10 10:51 PM
WW is pregnant...

BR

Don't have any words of wisdom here except I've been reading along and I'm sorry.

Hard position to be in so far away from home.

Nesre
WW is pregnant...
faint Oh, br, I am so sorry.
Is it wrong that one of my feelings is relief. I no longer have to fight and it explains a lot of her behavior.
BFR, I am so sorry for you. My goodness, you have more to bear than one should. I'm fairly sure not one person here will or would judge your feelings of relief. My God man, at some point you have to fold. Vets, am I wrong here? Doesn't this man just deserve a life without this crap and pieces of crap now? Good God...
Is it wrong that one of my feelings is relief. I no longer have to fight and it explains a lot of her behavior.
No, it's not wrong. I am so disgusted about her on your behalf. Good Lord. She has a long road ahead of her, regretting this at her leisure.

Is there no way you can get legal help to get your kids back to your parents'?
Thank you, maritalbliss. He needs you!
Originally Posted by Surfer88
Thank you, maritalbliss. He needs you!
I could just weep for br right now. frown
Prayers for BR right now. Thanks, Mbliss. I think he will need those with credibility for support...like you. BR, stay here.

Thank you all. So kind. Unfortunately a trusted lawyer said there is nothing I can do to keep them at my parents unless they are in danger. Fortunately out of the 21 days or so since she has moved out my kids have been at my parents 15.
Originally Posted by Surfer88
BFR, I am so sorry for you. My goodness, you have more to bear than one should. I'm fairly sure not one person here will or would judge your feelings of relief. My God man, at some point you have to fold. Vets, am I wrong here? Doesn't this man just deserve a life without this crap and pieces of crap now? Good God...
Thank goodness God is Good. His faithfulness has kept my spirits high throughout this whole mess.
Psalm 66:12 NASB

You made men ride over our heads;
We went through fire and through water,
Yet You brought us out into a place of abundance.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums