Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
My son...has sent me an e-mail letter stating that if I wish to see him again I will write him a letter detailing dates and times that I was with the other woman

So, with the exception of MB and NG, everyone else apparently feels that issuing ultimatums TO ONE'S PARENT, or caving in to threats FROM HIS CHILD is the correct way for Chuck8464 to demonstrate how mature men face difficult times? banghead

Wow!

Personally, I wouldn't give the threat/ultimatum power. Honesty with the victims of your actions should be given without request. Dismissing the damage to your entire family unit, the damage to your children - because they are "just children" - is short sighted.

There are several instances on this very board where poor handling of parental adultery has damaged even adult children.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR