Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 64 of 95 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 94 95
B
B
Ah Chris, nothing is as special as your way of talking!! You got it all over Hallmark!! I was just feeling a bit poetic for the moment.

As Fox said, I can't bear the thought of you getting all mushy on us!

SL,

AS for tonight, I am going to have a glass of champagne and toast myself getting thru this last few weeks and pray for the strength to endure the rest of this turtle paced race
That is the PERFECT thing to do.

I'll raise a glass of chardonnay to you later in the evening.

We will keep Chris's bourbon a secret toast.

While I know it's hard, I think it's good you have your time to yourself tonight to work through it a bit before DS comes home.

Tomorrow is another day.

{{SL}}

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
C
C
I can't do the BROWNs (long story)

I understand.

I can't do the "CLEARS".

Tomorrow is another day.

Wow! I wonder if Hallmark ever did that one.

Annie did.

Last edited by chrisner; 08/06/08 05:29 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
OP Offline
S
Annie did.

So did Scarlett.

I sure hope tomorrow is another day. What will we do if the world ends tonight? Or is tomorrow not going to be another day, instead, it will be another night? crazy

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
W
W
crazy Get some sleep, SL! crazy

C
C
(((SL))))

I remember moving day all too well. That was my bottom. The movers took his stuff and my stuff in different trucks. He came for 5 minutes and left me there for 5 hours to supervise. I was left to clean out that big empty house. Almost 1 year ago and I haven't seen or heard anything from him directly since then.

(((SL)))

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
S
S
Tomorrow will be a better day.

Today you are allowed to feel sad and angry and hurt and disappointed and furious and resentful and betrayed.

But tomorrow will be a better day.

(((SL)))

C
C
Today you are allowed to feel sad and angry and hurt and disappointed and furious and resentful and betrayed.

Bet you're a big hit a kid parties. Do you wear a Pennywise suit and scare the crap out of them?

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
OP Offline
S
My bedroom has an echo in the corner where his armoire rested. Weird. I'm hoping my dad will let me take my mothers standing mirror so I can use it in the space. If I had the money, I'd buy a chair to keep there. I'm thinking of a plant for the corner, if I can afford it. Something lush. Of course, then I'd have to water it. I forget to do that all of the time. YIKES.

Anyway, I'm doing just fine. Triggering, of course, but I'm fine. Project Runway is almost here, and I've go my champagne chilling and a little chinese delivery waiting to be consumed.

I'm lucky to have y'all to talk me down.

Thanks. smile

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
OP Offline
S
AAAAAHHHHHH! Pennywise scares the bejeesus out of me. Those sharpened teeth, and the whole clown getup. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
S
Do you wear a Pennywise suit and scare the crap out of them?

Only for money.

S
S
Now, we just have to decide when I get the boot from our happy abode

Take all of the triggery bad feelings and channel them into a fight against this happening. Seriously. Don't give up on this without a fight.

L
L
Silent:

I was at 7/11 last night and they had a life size cut out of Peyton Manning that you could "win".

I would put THAT in your corner. Or someone you would like better. A Raven perhaps?

I have some spray for that band-aid you ripped off....

(((S/L)))

LG

S
OP Offline
S
Guy,
I just don't know what to do. If he is h3llbent on the money, then we HAVE to sell. I am not going to sacrifice my retirement to keep this house going. It is expensive to live here alone. HE KNOWS THIS. HE DOESN'T GIVE A RAT's [censored]. There ARE other options, if keeping his son in this house is what he really wants, but I KNOW that's not what he REALLY wants.

If I can do it, I will. That is why the appraisal is so important right now. I need a number to work with.

It's not just the mortgage, but the general cost of living. This house eats up fuel oil in the winter, and the cost of that per gallon is HIGHER than gasoline. Electricity will go down in winter, but that's about it. A smaller, more efficient space would be less costly. HE KNOWS THIS.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
B
B
SL,

Put those 'future' issues (house, equity, power, bills, etc) off until tomorrow.

Yeah, tomorrow,,,,tomorrow.

Don't go there tonight. Tonight, chinese delivery and champagne. Think about throwing in some great music while in a fragrant bubble bath.

If you insist on thinking about the future, stick with this stuff -
I'm thinking of a plant for the corner, if I can afford it. Something lush. Of course, then I'd have to water it. I forget to do that all of the time. YIKES.

I have 3 words for you - - Garden Ridge SILK. No water required.

Don't forget the backup plan for 2 hours from now when the chinese has worn off and you are hungry again!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
S
OP Offline
S
Don't forget the backup plan for 2 hours from now when the chinese has worn off and you are hungry again

I'll just have a little more fried rice and I'll be ACES grin

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
J
J
I dig the Peyton Manning cutout..

Course my boy and I are big horseshoe fans smile

Was it just me or did anyone else start wondering just what else SD might do for money..

I got a few bucks to chip in.. and a knack for YouTube videos smile

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
OP Offline
S
Was it just me or did anyone else start wondering just what else SD might do for money..

You are not alone, James, my friend. I thought the SAME EXACT thing. I wonder what he will do. Does he work for food?

Anyway, speaking of food, the chinese is weighing heavy (insert joke here, BC), so I'm gonna lay down now, and cop some sleep

Thank you all, mis amigos, for all the funny and love. I appreciate the pushes to let things go, and to plug away at getting the best settlement for me and DS (this means you Guy!!!) I'm not giving up, I'm just working with what I got.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
Q
Q
Right now is what we know, and is all we have to go on, and that can be painful and scary. FAITH, however, that we are heading to where we need to be, and that we will reap the benefits of walking this line, is where it's at. It's the FEAR that holds us down.

I have fears of more loss, and whatever that levels upon me. The reality is that there is more mourning to be done, more losses to incur. It's the nature of separation, in my case, divorce. It's a nasty business that wreaks havoc on all facets of your life. It just plain stinks.

I have faith that I will be happier on the other side of this; that I will have all I need, and may have what I want in ABUNDANCE.

Queenie, IT really is going to be okay, whatever IT is.

Someone very special left this on my door tonight, but I think they special person can also use the same wisdom..

Personally I got for a blow up of Jason Campbell. smile wink

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
S
SL just a quick drive by letting you know i am thinking of you and DS. Hope you feel better today.

(((((((SL))))))))))

J
J
Originally Posted by QueeniesNewLife
Personally I got for a blow up of Jason Campbell. smile wink

Cardboard standies = cool

Lifesize blow ups might just send the wrong message..

Just kiddin Queenie wink

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
Page 64 of 95 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 94 95

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation