Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
P
close the hotmail account

R
R
Originally Posted by drgnfly
Do you think it was just another ploy to get him to contact her or is it something I need to be worried about?

Of COURSE it was a ploy. For all you know, she might've thought it was the reason he contacted her after she wrote it! If she'd had anything of consequence, she'd have told him then. If it was what you suspect, he couldn't hide his agitation.

So good, though, that HE didn't open it, right? Focus on that, and on Skald's current transparency. Don't let old emails undermine what you two are building.

Pep's right--close that hotmail account now! NC with OW means NC for YOU too!!!

Holiday hugs,

Right Here Waiting

Last edited by rightherewaiting; 12/17/08 12:23 PM.

Me BS 61
Him FWS 63
Married 40 years
D-Day 6/30/06
Still can't believe it.
6/08 Recovering nicely. Anything is possible!
L
L
There is nothing better than SILENCE when she is trying to get attention....

D
drgnfly Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Skald had deleted this account, but I was still seeing his info as still active on my account, so I checked it out and there was the email from her. I am happy that he didn't read that message, but I don't know what the email contained that she sent him on his yahoo account (he had about 4 - 5 different email addresses). She had sent an email to the yahoo account around the same time and he hadn't informed me of that until he told me about the phone calls, so she might have used that on him there too.

I put in a second request to delete the hotmail and found out that they keep it active for 120 days! If you log on in that time, it cancels the deactivation request. That's a big help. grumble

BTW....he only has two emails now - work and home and we have taken all precautions on those. (Well, apparently there's the hotmail still lurking there for a couple months.)

Last edited by drgnfly; 12/17/08 12:51 PM. Reason: added btw

BW-31
FWH-32(skald)
DD-5
In Recovery
"Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

"To Err is Human. To Arr is Pirate."
O
Owl Offline
O
If you're concerned about him logging into that hotmail account, then you can change the password to something he won't guess, and change the "secret question/answer" as well.

My wife used hotmail as a means to communicate with OM in her affair...and this is the action I took.

She'd already ended the affair by the time I did this...and never tried to access that account again as far as I could tell.

Once you've done this, you can leave it inactive for 120 days and it will be deleted automatically at that point.

Owl #2176327 12/18/08 10:57 AM
P
P
Originally Posted by Owl
If you're concerned about him logging into that hotmail account, then you can change the password to something he won't guess, and change the "secret question/answer" as well.

My wife used hotmail as a means to communicate with OM in her affair...and this is the action I took.

She'd already ended the affair by the time I did this...and never tried to access that account again as far as I could tell.

Once you've done this, you can leave it inactive for 120 days and it will be deleted automatically at that point.

Hi Owl. Long time no see :happyholidays:

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,190 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation