Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
B
"i'M SMARTER THAN YOU AND YOUR MOTHER"

Sounds like something a low class crack addict might say...

M
M
Originally Posted by hope3343
Jamela, tried to read your posts and you have "edited" yourself out.

If this is the way you deal with issues then I am not surprised by the tone of this.

They threw bricks at me when I came on this board. It made me upset and mad but I did not take my toys and run home.

Don't be a conflict avoider.

Actually, I went back through the posts. What I read were a lot of posts from people who took the time out to explain to Jamela the nature of her relationship as it relates to marriage. She was asked questions and refused to answer them. When the posters forced her hand she responded with invectives and threats.

It's very difficult to help anyone who is carrying that large a chip and doesn't have ears to hear.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
Originally Posted by Jamela
don't think because your marriages are going fine now that tomorrow things won't come crashing down on your heads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I won't laugh..

Jamela, I posted some things for you to read. You didn't thank me and you didn't express appreciation, and I don't think you read them. One of the things I posted for you to read includes the story of Dr. Harley, a clinical psychologist who for 35+ years has been working with people to help them have happy marriages or recover happy marriages if they have lost them. He's written books that millions of people have bought because they like what are in those books. And he's made tons of his information available on this site for free.

He and his lovely wife Joyce are the owners of this website, which is provided free for you to ask help on. If you'll read up at the top, it says the purpose of this site is for us to learn his Marriage Builders concepts. Dr. Harley and Joyce have been happily married for decades. Neither one of them has ever had an affair and both of them are passionately in love; the feeling has never gone away.

Dr. Harley has spent his entire life studying literally thousands of married couples. He was one of the first psychologists in America to actually follow up on the couples he worked with, keeping track of them through the years and seeing if they succeeded or failed. (Succeeded, for Dr. Harley, doesn't just mean staying together, and it doesn't even mean staying together without an affair. It means staying PASSIONATELY IN LOVE.) He used the information he learned to create his procedures and concepts which he used to save and revitalize thousands of marriages. He's studied relationships and the human brain and seen thousands of working and non-working examples.

Most of us are here because our best thinking screwed up our marriages (or our relationships - not everyone here is married!). Many of us are happy to benefit from Dr. Harley's experience through learning these concepts and applying them, concepts which you can read and apply FOR FREE.

Why don't you give them a read and try them out?

Here is the story of how Dr. Harley learned to save marriages:

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi3100_how.html

The story starts with his early failures and moves on into how he discovered success.

It's a real story from a real man who would like to help you for free.

You can email Dr. Harley's wife Joyce at jharley@marriagebuilders.com ; she runs the Marriage Builders radio show. You can call them for free and present your situation to them and see if they can offer you any advice. I PROMISE you that Joyce and Bill Harley are much nicer than everybody on this forum. I have never seen them be disrespectful to anyone, and I'd say the same about their son, Steve. If you call in to the radio program with your question, not only will you get to talk to Dr. Harley for free but they will send you a free book.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Originally Posted by Jamela
HELP? You call this help...laughing and teasing and joking about someone's life! I am not stuck in a situation. I just came on the site to see if anyone else went through same and can shed some light on how things turned out

Yes, Jamela, there's a story of some people who went through the exact same thing and came to this site and got help. Would you like to read it?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
D
D
ooh, bubbles, you're MEAN.

everyone: let's not bait this poor masochist any further. seems like she rather thrives on it. i posted the least confrontational, gentlest thing ever and she has replied vehemently to everything BUT that. sounds like she needs to feel like a victim--why perpetuate it?

p.s. glad you're not following MY thread, bubbles!

P
P
I believe there's a description for this kind of thread.

TROLL GENERATED

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
I believe there's a description for this kind of thread.

TROLL GENERATED

laugh

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
Originally Posted by Prisca
This is all a relief to read, actually. Until now, I thought I had problems.

Hey, it's my 100th post!

dance2

Congratulations, Sweetheart. If only it could have been the post about neutering me.

P
P
Originally Posted by Prisca
This is all a relief to read, actually. Until now, I thought I had problems.

Hey, it's my 100th post!

dance2

[Linked Image from pic4ever.com]

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
*edit*

Last edited by Breezemb; 06/10/10 04:24 PM. Reason: TOS - 2 disrespectful
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation