Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
N
N
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
That she having an affair and will do anything to be with OP.
Well put!

One of the things that helped me understand cope realize wake up was this thread.

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2242070#Post2242070

A
A
But her EA is with a guy in Fla., her mother's neighbor and we live in Buffalo.

ME: 48
WAW:47
Years Married: 21
Children: 2 Boys, 19 & 16
D Day: informed of separation desire May 14, 2010
Move out day: July 1st 2010
C
C
From being on this board for two years I do think that WW are more self entitled and crueler (sp?) than WH. On DDay when I found out about my DH A, he called up the skank immediately dumped her and looked at me with tears in his eyes and told me that they were just two stupid ppl who were feeding off of each other's low self esteem. When I told him that I had talked to the XOW and she was mean he told me that we should go over there and hurt her because she has not right talking to me like that because she is so beneath me (what???). I could not believe this. At the time I had been M to him for over 15 years and I have NEVER thought my DH was capable of saying as many things about another woman that he told me about her. My DH changed his entire life around, has risked losing his job because for the last two yrs he refuses to travel unless I can go with him and has literally done everything in his power to save our M even when I had given up.

I do think that WW really think their OM is their soul mate and they get totally emotionally involved while WH can have an A and really not care about the OW. My DH swears that his XOW meant nothing to him, he said she just made herself available to him and worshipped the ground he walked on and he was at such a low place it felt good at first to have someone who worshipped him. He said after a while it became annoying because she became too clingy and started asking him questions about being together more than once every other month.

I can't believe some of the things I read on this board that WW tell their BH. I feel so sorry for some of them. If my DH would have EVER acted unremorseful or would have not acted like he chosed his M over some skank, I would have packed his bags and threw him out of my life.

N
N
Originally Posted by scirugby

Have you read SoL's thread?

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2271825#Post2271825

S
S
Are WW's more ruthless than WH's?

Depends on whether you're a BW or a BH.

I've seen some pretty wicked WHs...one up close and personal. I've read on MB about some pretty wicked WWs.

Who cares which is worse when your whole world is shattered? Whether it's shattered into a billion pieces or a gazillion...shattered is shattered.

This is like comparing the damage of an EA to a PA to a wayward who ends A upon discovery to a wayward whose A goes on and on to false recoveries to abandonment to financial ruin to exposing children to AP and on and on the wickedness goes.

It's all still devasting. Do we really need to measure the amount of devastation?

All I know is that what I endured was incomprehensible and almost not survivable while I lived it. If I had merit badges for all that I endured battling the affair, I would be well decorated...more so than many BH's. I am sure, however, that there are those(BWs and BHs alike) who would be far more decorated than I.

Yet here I am in a passionate, intimate marriage with my husband of over 20 years.

While battling an affair, work Plan A & B to the best of your ability. While recovering your marriage, work the MB recovery plan to the best of your ability. Don't worry about whether your WS is worse than others. I can assure you, we're all dealing with the person who has the power to hurt us more than anyone on earth. That doesn't need measured.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

S
S

I am sorry to say this, but maybe she wants it to be more.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
G
G
Originally Posted by sexymamabear
Do we really need to measure the amount of devastation?
Yes.

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
L
L
Gack stated this:
Because of this they are more likely to villionize there BH to a further extent than a WH will.

I believe that WW's are a "little" more ruthless than WH's. The reason is simple:

"It has always worked in the past, so its time to ratchet it up"

Reading many threads here over the years, the BH's thought they had a good marriage. When the A occurs, the WW goes crazy, and becomes ruthless. What the BH learns HERE, is that thier early marriage had alot of issues, and learned to conflict avoid, to "keep the peace". And once the A starts, then all those things to keep the BH in line in the past are increased in intensity by the WW.

And its a bell curve. WH's can and are ruthless. I beleive that the percentage of "ruthless" WW's is at the higher end of this Bell Curve than the men.

JMVHO.

LG

S
S
Originally Posted by sunshine92
IMHO, I think H's and W's have A's for totally different reasons.

The reasons are always the same. They have affairs because they don't have boundaries in place to prevent situations that make an affair possible.

Men want sex and women want to feel needed, wanted and loved.

Well now, doesn't that make men out to be real thuds and romanticize a wayward wife. The WW only wanted to feel needed....wanted....loved. WTH?! If only their BH would have needed, wanted and loved them. How about romanticizing the WH, too, just to be fair. Maybe he just wanted to be admired, appreciated and respected. puke

I have to agree with Kiwi, women are much more emotionally invested in affairs. Where men can go, have sex, and be done. Of course, there is the exception to every rule.

I've seen plenty of WH's here who walked away from long-term marriages and children. I'd say they were pretty well invested emotionally. There's too many of them around to call them an "exception".

M
M
Originally Posted by tiaga
Take the 11 I know her actions were deplorable. She caused her husband the most amount of pain possible and she keeps on inflicting pain to this day.

tiaga,

Why don't you start a thread detailing your situation so folks here can help you find healing from the pain you are experiencing?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
S
S
Originally Posted by lurioosi2
I believe that all cheaters are selfish, ruthless, deceitful, and devoid of rational thought.

Originally Posted by karmasrose
I've been here a couple years and I'd say it goes both ways; there are extremes on both sides.

Pariah's ex, Chai's ex...HH's WH...

Originally Posted by KiwiJ
From my perspective I think that WWs throw themselves completely into the A where a WH probably doesn't. I think WHs compartmentalise the A. They are more likely to cake eat wheres a WW is looking to end their M or and be with the OM or they tell themselves it is love. I think WHs aren't looking to end their M, they can deal with having both women and when push comes to shove they prefer the status quo.

Originally Posted by not2fun
hmmmmmm....I'm not sure I agree. I know a lot of WH who were just as cruel as any WW. My own H, TST, and Flick did A LOT of cruel things to their BW's. I was horrified at some of the things H did during his affair, and just as horrified when I read about SMB'S and Lil's trials. Waywards are just awful, awful, AWFUL. And as far as ruthless, I'm thinking your more or less referring to the kids. Maybe when it comes to them, possibly.

The fact of the matter remains all affairs are cruel, whether the adulterer is the H or W. They become selfish, cruel, and entitled, doing ANYTHING that keeps their addiction going.

Quite possibly, we tend to think WW are worse because as women ourselves we can't understand the mindset of the WW. I bet the men think the same when they read about WH's.

Originally Posted by sunshine92
IMHO, I think H's and W's have A's for totally different reasons. Men want sex and women want to feel needed, wanted and loved. I have to agree with Kiwi, women are much more emotionally invested in affairs. Where men can go, have sex, and be done. Of course, there is the exception to every rule.

Originally Posted by rprynne
I don't think it's gender thing. IMO ruthlessness is most obvious when the WS seems to have the attitude that they will do whatever they want and use any tool at their disposal to get what they want, don't feel bad about that and expect the world will adjust around them.

Certainly a large part of that comes from the personality of the individual. I think both women and men can have these types of personalities.

However, I do think this ruthlessnes can also be affected by the "process" in which the A came about. At least in my observation, WS's whose process is they decide the M is over, then have an A seem to be more ruthless than those that start an A and then as the A progresses decide to end the M. With the former, any internal conflict they may have had about the ending of their M has been resolved and is no longer evident post d-day. The lack of internal conflict about choices that hurt people is what appears, or is, ruthless. With the later, the internal conflict is still evident which tends to mitigate the appearence of ruthlessness.

Given that, I will say the WW's seem to more often be the type where they decide the M is over then commit adultery, so perhaps that influences things.

But overall, I'd guess it has more to do with the individual's personality more than anything else.

ITA with all of the above, I do not think it is gender specific, I think WW are more emotionally involved because women in general are more emotionally involved.

I also think that we as women do not understand how other women can do those kinds of things. And we also think that most men only think about sex and it is not as "forbidden" so to speak with WHs.

And I think it has a lot to do with the WSs personality as well some people in general feel more entitled than others, heck most of the ENTIRE younger generation feels more entitled that we did.

Last edited by Still_Crazy; 06/25/10 10:57 AM. Reason: added thoughts
S
S
Originally Posted by Gack1
Do we really need to measure the amount of devastation?
Yes.

think Uhm....were you joking???

Or are you looking to win the most merit badges? Is there a prize? If so, I'm not sure I'd want to win it!

T
T
I am reading this and have my own thread, but a quick question. What does it mean if the wife is a WAW, leaves me with the house and the kids, and moves into a crappy apartment just to get away. Says she no longer has feelings for me and would rather live alone by herself that alone with me. I have woken up and am trying Plan A, but she is moving out next Thurs.
Thanks

Gee, this sounds eerily familiar. Scirugby, I might have to spend a little time gettin' up to speed on your sitch....

I was told almost a year ago from some fine folks here that a woman does not leave her house and children for any reason other than to make herself more available to someone else....

It turned out to be bulls-eye accurate......

TBC

G
G
There's too many of them around to call them an "exception".
Exception, no.
How about minority?

But we are talking about ruthlessness.

I have seen very few wayward husbands attempt to take the house and kids from BW.

But a large majority of WW do try this with there BH.
And want child support.
And want alimony.
And the cars.
A the furniture.
And the boat.

Even the dog!

Last edited by Gack1; 06/25/10 11:07 AM.

Me 34
WW 30
G
G
think Uhm....were you joking???
No, I compare one devastation to another in all facets of life. It gives me perspective on how bad my life could be, and how good I would like to make it. How other people think and deal with both good times and bad. And compare those to my own actions and situations to give me some perspective.

Both for inspiration and precaution.

Last edited by Gack1; 06/25/10 11:06 AM.

Me 34
WW 30
T
T
Sure, the discussion seems very similar to something along the lines of "Firing Squad or Hanging"? Both conjur up feelings of nastiness and discomfort and, frankly, the end results are no different.

WH or WW? Same end result with THIS comparison -- pain, anguish, emotional trauma. That being said, it is an interesting topic and quite thought-provoking......

We all know examples from each end of the spectrum. NEITHER side monopolizes the venom nor the ferocity generated to protect the fix found in the OP.

So from my view from the not-so-cheap seats, I'd still say that a WW is more ruthless. I think a WH wants what he wants, and once he gets it, he's fat, dumb and happy -- generally speaking of course. I think a WW, on a fairly regular basis, taps into her supply of villification for the BH in order to continue propelling herself on her path.

I think women, generally speaking, are more complex emotionally than men and thus, have to work the situation on a number of different levels. And in order to do that, they not only need a greater degree of momentum (than what would be required of a WH), but also longer sustainability to justify the situation on an ongoing basis.

And yes, JMHO.....

TBC

P
P
Originally Posted by tiaga
I have been reading a lot of posts here. Even though the 1: can be cruel the WW seems to be more ruthless or evil. Whatever word you want to describe them. Now I am not talking about 611 but active 11. Take the 11 I know her actions were deplorable. She caused her husband the most amount of pain possible and she keeps on inflicting pain to this day. I have to wonder what happens to woman when she cheats. 1hy are they more ruthless than men?

IMO

If the wayward spouse has a big old piece of luggage FILLED and OVERFLOWING with resentments .... There is more propensity and potential toward ruthless behavior.

It can apply toward WH or WW, however, it seems to me that WW's "in general" hold more grudges and are keeping score more often than WHs.

Is this universally true?
No, of course not.
But, I think there is a trend.

S
S
I think a WW, on a fairly regular basis, taps into her supply of villification for the BH in order to continue propelling herself on her path.

This.

Seems to me the WH often has the mindset of "I still love you, but I also care deeply for OW". The WH will often try to reconcile, but may fail because he is still drawn to the OW too much.

Where the WW is more prone to rewrite history and come at you from "I haven't loved you for __ years, can't change my feelings now, too little too late, don't know if I want to try." mindset. The WW is more apt to never give a real try to recovery.

Or I may be looking at it through the lens of my own situation.

G
G
Originally Posted by schtoop
Nope, Dr. Harley has said the same thing.

Me 34
WW 30
P
P
Originally Posted by schtoop

Don't we all? At lease a little?
stickout

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 671 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation