Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
M
Originally Posted by bestfriend439
Oh, the dating scene, how I love and hate you all at the same time!!!

Hey BF!

I know what you mean by this statement!! grin

Hang in there though. You are a 'good catch' and somebody is going to realize that before too long.

As for your comments on Match....try not to be so cynical! I am certain that you are right about there being guys on there that are behaving that way but there are also genuine guys on there that are really looking for a relationship. Don't 'throw the baby out with the bathwater'.

Just keep being good to yourself, staying dark with WXH and good things will come your way.

M
M
Oh, the dating scene, how I love and hate you all at the same time!!!

No official date on Thursday, but we hung out later in the evening. We continued to communicate and I thought we had plans Sunday, but apparently not.

I think the phrase is: 'he's just not that in to you!"

Was there a communication problem? Or is he just impolite and has no regard for other's feelings? If it's the later, good riddens.

Harley says dating is a numbers game, if you're looking to hook up with a longer term partner. I've noticed that when I think that thought I cringe, and I know why. Because there are a-holes out there and I don't feel like fishing through them. At least not now, it might be kinda fun later. In fact, I'm sure I'll have some great times.

I have to believe there are decent, honest, fun, caring guys out there, because we have some here. I haven't given up hope.

Life lesson for me: just as in my marriage, I seem to like the other person more than they like me!

A little introspection might dig up something there. Could be interesting, and freeing.

If I am interested in someone, I am really interested right away. If I am not interested, I am just not.

Are you frustrated that you're not in a relationship? I only ask because of the "right away" ending.

I've decided that I'm just going to have an affair with myself until I can have one with someone else. Why not? My husband is. sick

I've decided I'd rather hang out in socials settings where I can interact with other people and not date until I've already had the chance to see a little bit of their personality. That'll probably be the norm for what I choose when I'm ready.

Last edited by MyJourney; 02/02/11 01:20 AM.

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010
Him-several affairs, last one 3/2011
Divorced filed 3/2011, final 3/2012

Formerly "Mopey".
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2013149&page=1

After a 4 yr FR, it became CLEAR to me of what you can look for in a FR. And that is the absence of POJA, and/or if your spouse tramples on your boundaries. If someone is not willing to do POJA with you, and they don't respect your boundaries, imo, the relationship is doomed.
M
M
Just curious - are your WxH and OW still together?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation