Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 69 of 89 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 88 89
M
M
I must have a sick sense of humor. Nothing gets me more motivated than seeing EXPOSURE works it magic. I just love to hear the BS and how EXPOSURE literally blows up everything.

I can get through the entire day on an EXPOSURE HIGH!!!

S
S
Originally Posted by PrayIncessantly
I must have a sick sense of humor. Nothing gets me more motivated than seeing EXPOSURE works it magic. I just love to hear the BS and how EXPOSURE literally blows up everything.

Me too!

K
K
Same here! laugh

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
M
Originally Posted by PrayIncessantly

I don't know that it's humor, necessarily, that I feel when I read about a good exposure. I feel a sense of satisfaction. It's a good feeling - like you studied hard for a tough test and you aced it. I want to hug the poster and high five him/her!

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

C
C
you should also take the satisfaction that you all did a good job in guiding people through what logically they cannot comprehend and goes against what they are feeling. feeling motivated by helping others is a great thing. thank you to all that plug away at what can seem like a lost cause!

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
final truths 5/8-- all of them poly confirmed 5/18
working the plan

N
N
...take the satisfaction that you all did a good job...feeling motivated by helping others is a great thing

And, of course, there is also the baser satisfaction explained in these lyrics from the musical Chicago:

I don't care for drivin' Packard cars
Or smoking Long Buck Cigars
No, no, not me
All I care about is
Doin' the guy in
Who's pickin, on you
Twistin' the wrist
That's turnin' the screw
All I care about is love!

M
M
And, of course, there is also the baser satisfaction explained in these lyrics from the musical Chicago:

Mine is a higher satisfaction along these lines:

When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers. Proverbs 21:15

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
[Linked Image from catholicculture.org]
I call it wielding my
"Sword of Righteous Admonishment"!

My bride does not always see it
in such noble terms! (And I'm
not blonde!)

M
M
Nice skirt ya got there, Neverguessed! rotflmao

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
Nice skirt ya got there, Neverguessed!

Yeah, I'm lucky to have the legs to make it look GOOD, not simply trashy!

P
OP Offline
P
MB's Most Unwanted:

[Linked Image from alesrarus.funkydung.com]

Beware. They come to do harm.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
rotflmao

Exposure 101

S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
rotflmao

OMG. I can't stop laffing, and HIDING. That is both funny AND scary.

I was actually coming here to rant a bit. Why is it that a newer poster, doesn't have a thread, or a siggy? How am I supposed to know who they are and where they are coming from? I need to go back and piece together a story from 200+ posts in 4 months? Lemme know who you are, at least through a siggy.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
SOME THREADS GRRRRRR

It's like watching a trainwreck. I'm in Plan A, but I'm not doing any of the things right and I am wondering why oh why isn't it working. I am letting my WS drive my marriage right into the ditch and I want you all to help me fix it. When I am off board, I am doing EVERYTHING that you guys advised me NOT to do. WHY OH WHY ISN'T IT WORKING?

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Guess I'm full o'rants tonight. Maybe I need to go to bed. wink

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
rotflmao That looks like those little Wishniks I collected when I was a kid! Well, they're not called that anymore - they're just called trolls now.

laugh

D-Day 2-10-2009

A
A
Hey, how did you get the photo of H's skank?

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
H
H
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
rotflmao That looks like those little Wishniks I collected when I was a kid! Well, they're not called that anymore - they're just called trolls now.

laugh

*ahem*

Treasure trolls.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
M
M
I'm gonna throw out my rant first thing today.

I don't ask questions because I'm idly curious. I ask questions to get a sense of the poster's sitch so I can help them. Yet, some of my questions totally ignored. Repeatedly.

Please answer the questions, people!

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
I'm gonna throw out my rant first thing today.

I don't ask questions because I'm idly curious. I ask questions to get a sense of the poster's sitch so I can help them. Yet, some of my questions totally ignored. Repeatedly.

Please answer the questions, people!

Yes. I'm mildly annoyed to have my questions ignored, but even more affected to see posters shoot themselves in the foot by ignoring good advice/questions. If they would go through their threads and systematically answer each question asked (and often realize that a "no" answer indicates an important step they haven't taken and part of the reason why Marriage Builders is not working for them), they would be in such a better situation.

I think we can help each other by reinforcing to these posters the importance of answering each other's questions, i.e., "OP, did you see maritalbliss's questions? I think it would be very helpful for you to answer those." Moving on and escalating to "OP, I don't think we can help you. maritalbliss has asked you some very important questions, and three other posters have suggested that you answer them, but you've ignored us. We can't help you if you don't get us the answers we need. You are being given very important advice which you are ignoring. This is part of why things are not working out for you."

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
A
A
Time and the healing of wounds have a strange way of making you look at things from a differnt perpective.

After I re-read my threads... and read several others... I was thinking. (Can you smell the rubber burning? LOL) laugh I could see the frustration of some of the vets as they were trying to help me. I can see that same frustration in several of the Newbie threads now.

I was thinking about the things I did wrong and the things I did right executing my plan A and my plan B. It got me thinking... �how can I relate that to other people on the board so they can learn from my mistakes?�

Bottom line: I was thinking about starting a thread that everyone could contribute to, stating things they�ve done (or things that other have done) right and wrong in executing plan A and B.

Help for newbies... Learn from our mistakes... what not to do... Don't do that ~ Do this...

Whaddya think? Any brainstorming idea�s for a title or a post?

BH, 46
STBXWW, 41, Serial Cheater
D-Day #1 5-26-2006 (Our Wedding Aniversary)
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
STBX filed for divorce March 2009
Page 69 of 89 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,086 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation