Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
T
It isn't easy to get rid of the persistent thoughts and visions of the A/what they did. One thing that helped me was whenever a thought entered my mind...I tried to stop/freeze frame and stare it down (in my mind) until it inevitably would dissipate. The more that is practiced that easier and the better it works. Try it. Otherwise...time...a lot of time. It can take a long time to heal from the pain caused by a spouse's A.

Get your precautions in place. Use the MB program for recovery and to hopefully prevent future A's. Recovery doesn't happen overnight. It is usually an emotional roller coaster.

I wish you well.

Married 1976
Me:BS
Him:FWS
MB Weekend March 2003
2 S's: '77 & '80, 1 D: '82
P
P

How is it going Qwer?

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

Q
Qwer Offline OP
OP Offline
Q
It's just been a hard 2-3 weeks. It seems like a never ending roller coaster ride.

There are days where we would be happy and enjoying each other's company behaving normally as though nothing has ever happened. But there will be times where WW will be all quiet and difficult to talk to.

On my side, I am still being extremely paranoia and still find it difficult to let go of the persistent thoughts. It's just affecting me so much it hurts real bad. Sometimes I really wonder if we can really recover from this trauma and how can we ever have a normal relationship again without trust.

Me: 32 BH
Her: 29 WW
DD 3
D Day: 20/05/2012
Going through recovery... Hope we can do it..
B
B
Have you seen your doctor for ADs?

Have you read this?
How Can Trust Be Restored After An Affair?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Q
Qwer Offline OP
OP Offline
Q
Pardon me, what is ADs?

DD 3
B
B
Originally Posted by Qwer
Pardon me, what is ADs?
Anti-depressants

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Q
Qwer Offline OP
OP Offline
Q
I have not seen the doctor yet. I keep putting it off although in the back of my mind I do really think that I may be having depression.

Thanks for the timely reminder. I should go see my doctor.

DD 3
B
B
I have not seen the doctor yet. I keep putting it off although in the back of my mind I do really think that I may be having depression.

Thanks for the timely reminder. I should go see my doctor.

Good. Here's what Dr. H says.
Originally Posted by Dr. Harley
Since plan B (and plan A, for that matter), is extremely stressful for the betrayed spouse, I usually recommend that he or she ask a physician to prescribe anti-depressant medication to be taken throughout the crisis. This not only greatly reduces the suffering of the betrayed spouse, but it also helps keep a clear head at a time when patience and wise decisions are crucial. Anti-depressant medication does not numb the betrayed spouse to the crisis, it actually helps raise him or her above emotional reactions that would otherwise prevent clear-headed thinking. Why suffer and and make poor choices when anti-depressant medication can help ease your pain and improve your concentration in this time of unprecedented crisis?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

M
M
It's just been a hard 2-3 weeks. It seems like a never ending roller coaster ride.

There are days where we would be happy and enjoying each other's company behaving normally as though nothing has ever happened. But there will be times where WW will be all quiet and difficult to talk to.

On my side, I am still being extremely paranoia and still find it difficult to let go of the persistent thoughts. It's just affecting me so much it hurts real bad. Sometimes I really wonder if we can really recover from this trauma and how can we ever have a normal relationship again without trust.
What are the two of you doing to repair this? How much UA time are you spending together? Are you familiar with UA time? Read more here.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

P
P
Sometimes I really wonder if we can really recover from this trauma and how can we ever have a normal relationship again without trust.

Qwer. This is most likely the hardest thing you will ever go through. I too used to wonder myself if I could do it. I honestly was not sure that I could...then I found MB and learned what was needed to rebuild the romantic love, affair proof the marriage going forward, and once again have my family back! It is not easy but is well worth it.

Have you been spending at least 20 hrs per week in UA time? Undivided attention.

Are you meeting each others ENs?

Have you eliminated love busters?

Keep snooping...this will help to build your trust to see WW actually doing what she says.

Once you have all the information you need about the affair, you should never bring it up again. Get that POSOM out of her head. Your WW also needs to see that she will not be punished for the rest of life and indeed has the opportunity to redeem herself.

I would recommend the online coaching but do not know if the language barrier might be a problem. You could write and ask for advice on that. Click on the coaching center link at the top.

Hang in there Qwer. smile

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation